5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect marriage of form and function
Before buying this armband I did a bit of research and was overwhelmed by the various types available on the market and manufacturer's product descriptions are woefully inadequate. I wanted something secure, lightweight and stylish. I took it out for its first run this afternoon and think I hit the bullseye with this one.

This armband is lightweight but secure...
Published 13 months ago by Tom

1.0 out of 5 stars No use for big arms!!!
Not brilliant if you have larger than normal upper arms.
I bought this in February, by the middle of April the material holding the plastic loop for the Velcro strap had started to split. It's now May and I can no longer use it.
I wouldn't buy this item again, there are much better - and cheaper - arm bands on the market
Published 7 months ago by Mr A P Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect marriage of form and function, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Griffin GB04202 Adidas miCoach Sport Armband for iPhone 4/4S (Wireless Phone Accessory)

This armband is lightweight but secure. It's made from neoprene, so it's waterproof and sweat-proof. It holds the phone snugly so that there is no movement when the phone is in the pocket. The neoprene is very thin and lightweight, but I can see already that the construction is solid, and that the armband will last for a while.

I have fairly spindly arms but the strap fitted snugly with plenty of room for a smaller or larger arm. The fastening is velcro and holds well. After a half hour of running the strap had ridden up through the buckle with the result that it was looser than when I had started, but it wasn't enough to cause the armband to move around on my arm,

The armband has a neat flap to cover the top of the phone and protect it from rain (although that is yet to be seen). The flap partially covers the top row of apps on my home screen, but this isn't a problem - I just moved the apps around so that I can access the ones I need. The cover doesn't interfere with the apps I use while running.There is a hole at the bottom of the pocket which I think is there to allow access for the charging lead, and so I don't think I'll be using it in torrential rain. On the other hand, I don't tend to run in torrential rain.

The touch screen works pretty well through the transparent window - I had to repeat actions occasionally but I'll get the hang of it.

The key pocket holds one standard key securely, but you wouldn't fit, for example, a car key in it.

All in all I am very satisfied. I would say that this is a fantastic product and well worth the money. It's the first I've used so I can't comment on how it compares to cheaper versions, but given how much it would cost to replace my phone I wouldn't care to find out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, 21 Aug 2013
Recommended. Snug fit and comfortable. Does not slip. Haven't washed yet but quality looks like it will last. Good value also. Nuff said

1.0 out of 5 stars No use for big arms!!!, 7 May 2014
Not brilliant if you have larger than normal upper arms.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 12 May 2013
Description of product is accurate and the product itself is ideal for those who run in the gym and on the streets. It fits well on the upper arm and there is no hint of the band slipping when you run. The protective screen on the front also allows you to use the phone when it is in the pouch. The only slight annoyance for me is that I have to take my phone out of its cover to fit it. This however should not put you off buying a very good product. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Jan 2013
Does what it says. Great product for music and doing your milage while running. Got one for myself and one for boyfriend. Easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars For really skinny arms, 15 Feb 2014
did not fit my massive arms, well they are about average size for someone into all sorts of sport and this did not fit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 17 Jan 2014
It's sturdily made and if you need an arm holder then this holds the phone. The slot for the key is too small for my gyms locker key. The iphone isn't easily operated through the cover. This is the only one I've tried so don't know if this is typical of all such items

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 13 Dec 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present so has not been used yet. Fast delivery and it looks good so should get a good reception on Christmas morning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly designed., 14 Aug 2013
It does a good job holding your iPhone securely to your body whilst you excercise, but there is a really bad design flaw. The flap that holds the phone in place once inserted also covers the light sensor on the top of the phone. So once you've got your phone on your arm and headphones plugged in, if your phone is on automatic brightness, you will look down and see a dark screen, as your phone thinks it is in a dark room. Yes, you can keep changing from auto brightness, but I think it's not very well thought through, somehow complicates the most user friendly item I own!