on 27 October 2013
Read the reviews before purchasing... Speakers have known issue; the 1st set arrived and were DOA. Seller swapped them out (with little fuss or cost) for a new pair and they work perfectly for now.

Sound is ok/good (not great) and they look superb.
on 30 December 2014
Having purchased this item approximately 9 months ago the speakers have recently completely failed. Unfortunately for me I have only just now become aware of the chronic failures that have been experienced by others and reported on this site. I can not fault the speakers sound however the short life span warrants negative "stars" if it could be marked that way.

I'd give extra negative stars for the seller's lack of response to my email if I could. I guess one star will have to do.
on 25 August 2015
Despite the poor reviews for quality and reliability, these fulfilled my requirements for interesting-looking speakers with an optical input, so I took a chance.

They look great and the RF remote control is a nice touch, although not quite heavy enough, so you have to push down a little as you turn it to stop it moving around your desk. Inputs are in a cramped space under the right speaker, so large connectors or thick cables might be a problem.

Unfortunately the reviews are right - the quality control on these is poor. Despite lots of wiggling of connections and checking and testing, the left speaker had no mid-range - nothing at all, as though the cone is not even connected, so back to Amazon they go.

I’ve no confidence that a replacement is going to be ok, or would last, so I'll need to find an alternative.
on 20 August 2014
First set of speakers worked for a short time. When they did work the sound quality was excellent, i soon noticed popping whenever the sound levels fell below a certain point and they then suddenly died.

Amazon returns system was really quick and the second set of speakers got to me within a few days. This set had a uk power supply instead of the european one i got with the first set. But this time the left speaker constantly hissed, possibly a speaker cable issue as both optical and 3.5mm aux cables gave the same result, speaker cable is an awkward 6 pin jobby which i couldnt fault check with a replacement.

Sending these back for a refund, shame as the speakers seem really well built and offer great sound quality.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2014
Had two sets of these speakers and both were broken from the get go. Getting my third replacement through in the next couple of days so I will see, but Edifier are quite clearly rubbish at quality checking.
on 16 May 2015
At first they were fine but then they started letting off a strange background noise on any volume. I contacted the seller and after a long drawn out email exchange he suggested that I should speak to the supplier because too much time had passed since purchasing them. Overall he was useless in helping me and I still have the faulty speakers. I would suggest you stay well clear of Edifier speakers, not to be trusted.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2014
Fantastic speakers - look & sound great (plus the remote control is very cool).

I have them plugged into the TV to improve the sound quality but it's great that you can also stream music to them via bluetooth as most surround sound systems don't seem to do this.
on 2 April 2013
Beautiful design and solid construction with clever remote-control. Exquisite sound range. Pre-sets volume to Windows level and not to a retained remote volume level. If no faults develop I will be very, very pleased indeed.
on 21 April 2015
Very good sound quality, they look the nuts and if I don't have any problems that some others been having will be a very happy boy 5 stars so far bit expensive but worth it
on 3 October 2014
Superb looking and sounding, just a bit tricky to sort out the bluetooth signal to eliminate popping when streaming music to them.