1,957 Reviews
 (1,406)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good To Go
I bought the Kingston Technology 64GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler in the champaigne coloured metal casing. By today's standards (January 2013) 64GB is huge. My previous USB stick was one of the iamakey types with 16GB (also recommended). When you are looking for a new USB stick, there are 3 things to consider; capacity, speed, and physical form. Capacity and speed have been...
Published 20 months ago by Steeve139

2.0 out of 5 stars Well made but VERY SLOW
The good :- It is incredibly well made especially in a world dominated by plastic flash drives. It's small - about 1.5 inches long.
The Very BAD : - It's inexcusable to write at this mind boggling ultra low speed - 5MBs / sec.
Published 11 months ago by Helnik

2.0 out of 5 stars Well made but VERY SLOW, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kingston Technology 32 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing (Accessory)
This is the slowest USB I've ever used. The Sandisks USBs are the fastest by far. I bought an Integral that failed after 3 usages. I shall stick to the Sandisks from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow Write Speeds, 1 Feb 2014
Bought 2 of these, a 32gb and a 8gb. Both of them show the same issue where when transferring a large file the transfer rate starts nice and quick for the first 3 or 4 seconds, and then nose dives to about 4MB/s which is slower than a stick i purchased a number of years ago. I have since bought a "Integral 32gb courier USB 3" stick which is much faster even on a USB 2 port and is worth the extra few pounds for something that actually performs

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 1 April 2014
Bought it to copy music files between PCs. Spent time selecting and copying them & all seemed to be OK (64GB takes time!).
When I then tried to read the data files I got message that the drive needed formatting.
To be fair, Portabledevices2010 refunded without quibble.
Managed to find a different make cheaper and await delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 15 April 2014
S. Phillips - See all my reviews
Owned it for a few months now no problems, then suddenly it stopped working. Lost everything on it and there was a lot on it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 26 Aug 2013
I bought one of these as part of my backup strategy. When I first used it I encountered two things mentioned by others: it's very, very slow, and it overheats quite incredibly, to the point of being painful to touch.

However the killer was when I took it to work to confirm I could restore the contents to another machine; it wouldn't fit into any of the USB drives. Which pretty much renders it useless.

I've got a number of Kingston memory sticks I've used successfully in the past (and continue to use), but this is a definite fail.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow Transfer Speeds, 4 Feb 2014
A great item for single backups, but terrible for constant use. Transfer speeds started at 70MBps however it dcreased within 30 seconds to 10-15MBps.

It's nice compact and well built, the thing that really lets it down is the transfer speeds.

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after few months of use, 26 Mar 2013
I didn't buy this from Amazon but from other place, however, it is awesome. I'm using it mostly to carry my necessary files with me and to connect to the Internet using Chrome and Firefox portable. This is so speedy and responsive you could believe you surf the net using the browser installed on your computer's hard drive.
Also, the file transfer is excellent. The USB is sturdy, yet small: a little jewelry.
In the past I've lost a USB flash drive as the tiny key ring failed and the device's got lost. No chance to happen the same with this stick: the large metallic eye is perfectly safe.
I'm going to buy the 64 version too. Excellent!

Updated Sept 2013 - This is now dead. Failed. After few months of use bed clusters developed and it become unusable. Unfortunately the 30 days return period has passed and I cannot return it. This is the only one usb stick to fail like that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 30 Sep 2013
To begin with it failed to work on some of my devices, so I brought it home to refomat it on my computer. Two computers have failed to be able to refomat it, although they both say that it needs to be reformatted before it can be used. The reformatting process just hangs indefinitely (including overnight in one case), and then I get the error message that it cannot be reformatted. I am going to have to see about returning it.

2.0 out of 5 stars s l o w, 7 Mar 2013
Lovely minimalist design, strong and stylish but SO slow - real shame. Good value though I suppose, but reads and writes around 5mb a second.

1.0 out of 5 stars FILE WAS CORRUPTED, 28 Feb 2014
My computer said file was corrupted .Tried twice more and computer wouldn't recognise it.This one came straight from China I had bought one 2 weeks earlier and it was fine & worked perfectly but from a different supplier from UK. Have ordered another to replace corrupted one,but not direct from China. I suppose they are all made in China and I suppose I was unlucky.