3,164 Reviews
 (2,355)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect Product with 5 year warranty too!!
Published on 28 Jun. 2012 by Koolman

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow Write Speeds
Published 13 months ago by C. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect Product with 5 year warranty too!!, 28 Jun. 2012
This little pen drive is great with a huge capacity of 16gb depending on what you will use it for. It's solid, small, and ideal for those laptops with little space between USB ports. I don't think you'll ever break this not even if you ran over it with your car (might try that one day :-)). The loop is big enough to put on any keyring or lanyard unlike some other memory sticks, and it's also covered by a 5 year manufacturers warranty. Great for the very low price.

Nearly perfect says the title of my review and if i could have i would have given 4.5 stars. The reason i say that is that it doesn't have an LED to let you know if it's busy working or not. Not a biggie for some people i suppose, but if it did have one it would have been perfect in every way. Still...it's a great product & a bargain at the price & warranty cover all day long!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 May 2012
This memory stick is the business! Its metal casing is incredibly solid, I keep it on my keyring without any fear of it breaking off and getting lost like countless lesser sticks in the past. It has a huge capacity for something so tiny, and at less than £10, what a bargain.

Get one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow Write Speeds, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Kingston Technology 32 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing (Accessory)
Bought 2 of these, a 32gb and a 8gb. Both of them show the same issue where when transferring a large file the transfer rate starts nice and quick for the first 3 or 4 seconds, and then nose dives to about 4MB/s which is slower than a stick i purchased a number of years ago. I have since bought a "Integral 32gb courier USB 3" stick which is much faster even on a USB 2 port and is worth the extra few pounds for something that actually performs

1.0 out of 5 stars If you value your work/music/films/photos...please read this!, 21 July 2014
notimetoulouse (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this four months ago, for my G5 Desktop PPC Mac (OSX 10..5.8) and it worked perfectly for a week. I'm no power user, I simply needed it to transfer Scrivener based writing projects between my PPC PowerBook (same OS) and my desktop, nothing else - no music, photos, videos, just text - in a single file of less than 5gb, saved to disk and transferred once a day.
The first sign of a problem was, as other reviewers have noted, extremely slow transfer speeds, followed in the third week of use by a real overheating issue - it became too hot to hold in my hand after about an hour simply being plugged in via USB.
But it still worked, and I needed that transfer at the end of every day, so I stuck with it.
Three days ago, on plugging it in to my desktop to transfer the file, I began to get audio feedback (static white noise) through my speakers as if there was a hard drive accessing. Today, having saved to USB then transferred my book project across from Powerbook Scrivener to Desktop Scrivener and attempted to open it as normal, Scrivener is warning me that the file is corrupt on the USB drive because basic file formatting info is missing.
So, I reckon I have a dying drive, that is beginning to corrupt data.
At least I caught it in time and haven't lost any work. But I write for a living, and I simply can't trust this make or model at all now. The thought of losing a whole days work halfway through my latest book doesn't even bear thinking about...which is why I'm not even going to ask for a refund.
Sorry to bang on, but it's my data that is being entrusted to this piece of technology, and I reckon I should be entitled to a decent level of security and safety for my files. I thought I'd be safe paying twice price of the cheapest 32gb stick on Amazon, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I just wanted to give you an objective review that shows the symptoms of this drive beginning to fail.
I hope this helped.

2.0 out of 5 stars Well made but VERY SLOW, 22 Sept. 2013
The good :- It is incredibly well made especially in a world dominated by plastic flash drives. It's small - about 1.5 inches long.
The Very BAD : - It's inexcusable to write at this mind boggling ultra low speed - 5MBs / sec.
This is the slowest USB I've ever used. The Sandisks USBs are the fastest by far. I bought an Integral that failed after 3 usages. I shall stick to the Sandisks from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 1 April 2014
Bought it to copy music files between PCs. Spent time selecting and copying them & all seemed to be OK (64GB takes time!).
When I then tried to read the data files I got message that the drive needed formatting.
To be fair, Portabledevices2010 refunded without quibble.
Managed to find a different make cheaper and await delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow Transfer Speeds, 4 Feb. 2014
A great item for single backups, but terrible for constant use. Transfer speeds started at 70MBps however it dcreased within 30 seconds to 10-15MBps.

It's nice compact and well built, the thing that really lets it down is the transfer speeds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 20 Feb. 2014
I received a fake. An 8GB drive masquerading as 32GB drive, as verified by the excellent h2testw sortware. Please beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars FILE WAS CORRUPTED, 28 Feb. 2014
My computer said file was corrupted .Tried twice more and computer wouldn't recognise it.This one came straight from China I had bought one 2 weeks earlier and it was fine & worked perfectly but from a different supplier from UK. Have ordered another to replace corrupted one,but not direct from China. I suppose they are all made in China and I suppose I was unlucky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust, great for keyrings but offer very slow transfer speeds, 1 Aug. 2014
I use the 8GB versions of these drives to house bootable OS images (Win 7, Win 8, Win 2012 etc) that I keep on my keyring for both personal and professional purposes. They are ideal for this type of scenario, where you store data permanently / semi-permanently and read speeds do not matter very much.

Pros:
Robust, metal design
Nice large hole for keeping on keyrings
Cost

Cons:
Poor read and write performance

If you require a small memory stick to be attached to a keyring, and you don't want to rewrite the data on the stick very often, e.g. to store software, photos, video etc, then this is a good choice. An alternative is the Sandisk Cruzer Force, which is very slightly faster but still offers pretty poor performance.
If you want to use these sticks to transfer data then look elsewhere - other offerings will give you much better read / write performance.