on 19 April 2013
I used cheaper brands rated at the same nominal speed or 600x and all have failed in my Canon XF305 video camera. Truly 100% reliable and performs or betters the rated speed on the card.
Have used Lexar cards for many years in my role a s a professional photographer and they have never let me down. The recovery software works well and have used it after accidentally deleting files. The software also works on any drive, even on a PC.

They do cost a bit more but don't be tempted to buy cheaper on the web unless you can trust the seller 100% offers only genuine Lexar goods. Many on other sites are fakes.

Careful where you buy memory - but this is the real deal.
on 10 February 2013
Five years ago, I bought my first DSLR, an Olympus E-510. Along with the E-510, I bought two cheap Lexar 4gb cards. Even now, about 30,000 shots later, they're still ticking along without errors or any sort of fuss. They've never missed a beat. I've trusted them with days of wildlife shots, airshows and weddings, as well as temperatures at both high and low extremes.

Fast forward to this year, when I decided to purchase a Canon 7D. My experience with Lexar cards led me to this purchase....and it was a good choice.

The card is lightning fast. I've shot a lot in burst mode and have yet to encounter any sort of irritating buffering issues. Sure, a lot of this is probably down to the 7D, but the card has an important part to play......a part that it's played perfectly so far.

For the price, this really is worth a go
OK so this is not the fastest card out there but it is great value for the price. I use it with a Nikon D800, it will hold 400 images at full Quality RAW settings. I have been using the card for a while now and the speed only becomes an issue when taking a lot of photos in high speed burst mode. I now have 2, they are reliable and fast enough for what I need, very recommended.
on 3 June 2014
I bought this for my 5Diii

I wanted fast speeds but didn't want to pay a huge amount (yet) I felt the 800x was an excellent compromise from the much more expensive 1000x. It is rare I need a fast card as I mainly photograph landscape.

The 5Diii on drive mode (6fps) will output around 144mb-ish a second, a little more than this card can write. none the less i was able to reach 22 / 23 consecutive shots (100iso) before needing to clear the buffer, a considerable improvement. That equates to 3.6 seconds of continuous shooting for 22 shots - a colossal amount of time, for me at least.

I would say this is a great card for casual sports on a camera which outputs similar file size and speed, or for bracketing panoramas etc.
on 1 September 2014
I use LEXAR Professional CF Cards in my hobby of wildlife photography - mostly on safari in Africa (Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Zambia). The cards cope admirably with the problems of humidity and heat and have proved to be very reliable in this environment which is why I continue to use, and recommend, them.
on 19 August 2014
Bought two of these having not had any problems with Lexar (mind you not had any issues with Sandisk either) and my D800 demanding something other than the Duracell 32Gb cards I already had. These worked great in my D700 so it is a D800 thing.

Fast enough for me and I use it in Lexar's USB3 CF/SD reader.

Use SanDisk SD in the other slot as a backup in the D800.
on 11 July 2016
Fantastic CF card I use it in my Canon 5D Mk III. Had no problems with it keeping up even when saving JPG and RAW at the highest quality.
I can't think of a bad thing to say about it, it does what it says.
Great quality product.
on 5 April 2014
It costs a bit more than the competition, but it's worth it because of the speed and quality assurance of the Lexar name. Get the most out of your high frame-rate DSLR or USB3 card reader, and you'll not regret it.

Now if only the card manufacturers would come up with a meaningful speed rating standard and stick to it. UDMA7, 800x and Class 20 all on one sticker just confuses people. Just put the maximum read and write rates on it and make us all happy.
on 1 February 2014
Got this for my Nikon D800 to use in tandem with a SanDisk Extreme 64GB SD card which I had left from my previous camera (a Nikon D90). It does what it says on the tin and in combination with the Lexar USB 3.0 card reader this will transfer 60GB of pictures in a jiffy. The D800 buffer still gets overflows and this can't really keep up with 75MB RAW files if you're shooting a lot of burst - I did this New Year's Eve when shooting fireworks - but in normal conditions should work p. well.
on 1 February 2015
Nice speed for a 5D (use converter) and 7D camera.
Also used in another HD applications and the memory is fat enough!
Nice warranty from the manufacture.
You won't be wrong with the Lexar Professional line of memory cards!