5.0 out of 5 stars Lightning fast, good value
Five years ago, I bought my first DSLR, an Olympus E-510. Along with the E-510, I bought two cheap Lexar 4gb cards. Even now, about 30,000 shots later, they're still ticking along without errors or any sort of fuss. They've never missed a beat. I've trusted them with days of wildlife shots, airshows and weddings, as well as temperatures at both high and low extremes...
Published 18 months ago by Private Custard

3.0 out of 5 stars does not work but does eventually - card reader
ordered three 8GB Lexar "Professional" 800x. Formatted in camera as per usual. Photos looked fine in camera. Tried to copy to Mac. Failed. Tried to copy to PC. Failed. Tried the other two cards. Failed. All of them. Fortunately no great art was lost. I will get into the habit of checking all cards before using them.
UPDATE: After having these three cards replaced by...
Published 4 months ago by L. W.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightning fast, good value, 10 Feb 2013

Fast forward to this year, when I decided to purchase a Canon 7D. My experience with Lexar cards led me to this purchase....and it was a good choice.

The card is lightning fast. I've shot a lot in burst mode and have yet to encounter any sort of irritating buffering issues. Sure, a lot of this is probably down to the 7D, but the card has an important part to play......a part that it's played perfectly so far.

For the price, this really is worth a go

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best and so reliable., 19 April 2013
G. Monaghan (Glasgow, Lanarkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I used cheaper brands rated at the same nominal speed or 600x and all have failed in my Canon XF305 video camera. Truly 100% reliable and performs or betters the rated speed on the card.
Have used Lexar cards for many years in my role a s a professional photographer and they have never let me down. The recovery software works well and have used it after accidentally deleting files. The software also works on any drive, even on a PC.

They do cost a bit more but don't be tempted to buy cheaper on the web unless you can trust the seller 100% offers only genuine Lexar goods. Many on other sites are fakes.

Careful where you buy memory - but this is the real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 April 2014
Mr. M. Regan "THE man in black" (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
OK so this is not the fastest card out there but it is great value for the price. I use it with a Nikon D800, it will hold 400 images at full Quality RAW settings. I have been using the card for a while now and the speed only becomes an issue when taking a lot of photos in high speed burst mode. I now have 2, they are reliable and fast enough for what I need, very recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A professional card suitable for multiple applications, 3 Jun 2014
I bought this for my 5Diii

I wanted fast speeds but didn't want to pay a huge amount (yet) I felt the 800x was an excellent compromise from the much more expensive 1000x. It is rare I need a fast card as I mainly photograph landscape.

The 5Diii on drive mode (6fps) will output around 144mb-ish a second, a little more than this card can write. none the less i was able to reach 22 / 23 consecutive shots (100iso) before needing to clear the buffer, a considerable improvement. That equates to 3.6 seconds of continuous shooting for 22 shots - a colossal amount of time, for me at least.

I would say this is a great card for casual sports on a camera which outputs similar file size and speed, or for bracketing panoramas etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent all round media card, 12 July 2013
Fast and reliable, I always use Lexar now. It stored 1,500 photos from my Canon 40D camera, nowadays I use the media card as one of my backups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Own a good DSLR then this is a must buy...., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Lexar Professional 16GB 800X 120MB/s High Speed UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card (Accessory)
WOW, this is amazing, I have D300s when usually taking actions shots I was always lucky if I got 6 frames in succession before the camera stalled till it caught up, now with setting on Jpegs I get at least 12 consecutive shots without buffering and if I use bursts of 6 consecutive shots it would always be back at 12 in a couple of seconds. If shooting in RAW this then goes down to 7/8

5.0 out of 5 stars These worked great in my D700 so it is a D800 thing, 19 Aug 2014
RA (South West, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought two of these having not had any problems with Lexar (mind you not had any issues with Sandisk either) and my D800 demanding something other than the Duracell 32Gb cards I already had. These worked great in my D700 so it is a D800 thing.

Fast enough for me and I use it in Lexar's USB3 CF/SD reader.

Use SanDisk SD in the other slot as a backup in the D800.

5.0 out of 5 stars CF Cards which are reliable and dependable in a harsh environment, 1 Sep 2014
I use LEXAR Professional CF Cards in my hobby of wildlife photography - mostly on safari in Africa (Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Zambia). The cards cope admirably with the problems of humidity and heat and have proved to be very reliable in this environment which is why I continue to use, and recommend, them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, cheap, great for pro's!, 15 July 2014
Fast, cheap, great for pro's!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... very much as I anticipated and I am entirely happy with my, 15 July 2014
This m emory card is performing very much as I anticipated and I am entirely happy with my purchase