5.0 out of 5 stars "Here's What I Believe" a must have album.
Today sees the launch of Joe McElderry's fourth album, the third with Decca Records. Joe has travelled along way musically since he won the X Factor title so convincingly in 2009.

Published on 10 Sep 2012 by Anthony Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed
Not Jo at his best. Well known songs are slowed down and it all becomes a little boring. Gets better from track eight but unless your a real Jo fan, you would have turned off long before now.
Published 15 months ago by TonyV

5.0 out of 5 stars "Here's What I Believe" a must have album., 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)

In some ways it has almost been a cathartic experience during which time the boy from South Shields has had some serious growing up to do. He has come through a baptisnm of fire learning about the reptiles who inhabit the world of popular music and tv entertainment here in the UK. In 2011 he shocked and surprized many by agreeing to take part in series two of ITV's Popstar to Opera Star programme. During that show he made a lasting impression on one of the world's greatest tenors and show mentors Rolando Villazon and our very own Katherine Jenkins. So much so that they urged him to forsake the world of popular music and enter a conservatory in order to concentrate exclusively on the wonderful art form of operatic singing. He went on to win that show with a staggering 77% of the public vote. Straight after the show he went into the Decca recording studios and within a week he had recorded 'Classic' his first album with his new label Decca Records. This album was the perfect blend of semi- classical music showcasing his newly aquired operatic approach to his singing and well known power ballads all performed in dazzling style by this consummate artist. The highly professional recording staff at Decca produced a great album featuring the voice which the nation fell in love with in 2009 which many fans feared they would never get to hear again on record. Shortly after this and after the third most successful tour in the World last year he brought out an album of Christmas songs chosen by him. Highlight of his year was probably his appearance in front of his Sovereign at the service of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. What strikes most observers as odd is the fact that despite all this the commercial pop radio networks refuse to play his music. He is never invited to any of the junkets and bun fights organized by a largely corrupt pop industry here in the UK controlled by a handful of pop moguls who have their own secret get rich quick agendas which do not include this boy as part of them. As Sir Elton John once observed the people who currently control the music and pop industry here in the UK are a bunch of cowboys.If you are one of those people who make up the silent majority of popular music listeners who do not appeciate the endless cavalcade of second rate singers recording third rate music then go out and buy 'Here's What I Believe' from the boy from South Shields with the voice of an angel who knows how to use it to devastaing effect.It may well be the best album purchase you have made this year. If you are impressed with what you hear he is undertaking a nation wide theatre based concert tour in the new year. He does not play arenas where vocal imperfections and plain bad singing can be covered up by a cacophony of noise which seems to suit certain artists. Adele wont touch them with a barge pole. That says a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's what I believe about Here's What I Believe!, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
I've been awaiting this album with eager anticipation. It arrived this morning, is playing continuously and it doesn't disappoint in any way.

No need for printed lyrics to be included with this album; every word is crystal clear.

I love Joe's voice which has grown stronger now that he uses techniques learnt during his spell on Pop Star to Opera Star. Silky smooth, pitch perfect and so well suited to big ballads. Not that he can't sing up-tempo songs too, as anyone who has seen his live performances (as I have, 3 times) will testify.

Usually people prefer the original rendition of a song but I love Joe's interpretation of some of my favourite pop ballads.

There are also some very good original songs which I'm learning quickly and liking very much; I'm impressed by Joe's new venture into song-writing for which he also seems to have talent.

In short, some beautiful songs beautifully sung. Still undecided? Just buy it, relax and enjoy this very pleasing, mature album from Joe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical collection of beautiful songs, 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
This is such a beautiful collection of songs, chosen for their ability to tug at your heart strings.Tissues at the ready as Joe with his wonderful voice sets out to remind us all of sad times and happy times in our lives.
His first attempts at writing songs are included in this album and Boy! they are really really good and if this is a taste of things to come from this likeable and extremely talented young man we have some exciting times ahead..
His vocal skills are shown at their finest on this album, his diction and pitch is perfect and its such a pleasure to hear every word clearly and beautifully as his love of singing shines through every number.
Have I a favourite track? No, as I love them all... from his emotional self penned numbers to the gorgeous songs hes covered in his own unique style..

5.0 out of 5 stars I believe what I here, and its fantastic, 11 Sep 2012
Mr. R. Taylor "Arial Black" (Blyth. Northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
What a year, First there was the Queens jubilee, a wonderful occasion (pity about the weather). Then there was the wonderfully exciting sport at the Olympics and the paralympics, and now something to even top even these events, thats the astonishing new album from Joe McElderry " Here's what I Believe". The album includes 13 superb tracks from the man with the GOLDEN voice, with a further 3 that you get if you purchase the digital download.
The cynics can no longer say that Joe only Sings covers (although personally I don't see anything wrong with that) or that he doesn't write his own material, as he has written or co written 5 of the 16 tracks on this album, all of them are excellent.
I love every one of the tracks on this album but have picked out 3 for special mention:
Best song Joe has written: What Have I Done. (difficult choice all 5 were great).
Best other new song: My Love Will Find You. (beautiful words, beautiful melody).
Best Cover: Skyscraper. (catchy tune,can't get it out of my head).
Joe is like a good wine the older he gets the better he gets, you can only wonder how good he will be by the time he reaches the grand old age of Thirty. If the British public really get behind him and give him their full backing by buying his album and subsequent ones then maybe we will have a chance to find out.
Well done Joe this is a fabulous album.
23/09/2012. If you are still unsure whether to purchase this item, have a look at his album launch show in London on You Tube. I can assure you that after seeing these you will definitely purchase his cd, he was absolutely brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (MP3 Download)
Just received my copy today and loving it, every song is brilliant. why is he not been given radio play?????.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
What an amazing Album all sung with such feeling and emotion, and for someone so young to write some beautiful lyrics he certainly has a very long career in the music industry, he has put his own stamp on the covers to make them sound brand new.. also downloaded the deluxe one with 3 more self penned tracks... go buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
Haven't stopped listening to this album since I received it. Such a great voice. I wish we heard him more on the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album., 16 Sep 2012
D. King (Sevenoaks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
Wonderful songs sung beautifully by one of the best male singers in the country.A terrific album which I highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's What I Believe Joe McElderry, 16 Sep 2012
C. Diana (Singapore) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
After listening to the 16 songs in HWIB I have come to the conclusion that Joe McElderry has discovered his hidden talent for song writing. I am impressed and loving all the 6 songs he co-wrote. And he has come a long way since WA and the evolution in his musical and personal journey is astonishing.

HWIB showcases his undisputed beautiful voice and his ability to involve the listeners in the angst, lament and longing portrayed in the songs although not necessarily the listeners may have experienced the same situation. I cried over LOVE OF MY LIFE. The lyrics are simple and yet it hit you like his interpretation of SHE IS OUT OF MY LIFE in his XF performance. Joe has put his own stamp on the other cover songs. His version of SKYSCRAPER is very refreshing; it is less dramatic vis-à-vis the original and yet it conveys the message no less. It's for his detractors. I LOOK TO YOU is delightful - I feel he is talking to his wise teacher/adviser and not to God.

The brilliance shown in his interpretation of the songs written specially for him would attract loads of composer/songwriters knocking on Joe's door.

The love songs are sentimentally conveyed and not melancholic; it is nonchalant and not drowned in depression and hopelessness.

The Italian song is not out of place, it adds to the versatility of Joe's repertoire. Always love to listen to Joe singing Italian. He has developed a skill for tongue-twisting (no pun intended).

I am tempted to give a perfect ten for this album but anticipating that the best is yet to come I will give it a 9/10.

This lad often packed more power in live shows than his studio versions(seen on YouTube)and his dancing is full of life. For this very reason I am determined to fly from Singapore to London for this Album Launch on 20 Sep. And folks, I am on my way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Just Brilliant!, 13 Sep 2012
Michael A. Clark "Mr. Hoboken" (Londonderry Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
This is Joe McElderry's 4th album. At first I wasn't a fan because I didn't care for the type of music on his 1st album. After that I heard him on the TV singing "Dance With My Father", I had to buy his 2nd album titled "Classic". I was totally blown away by the change in his musical style. Then he released his 3rd album titled "Classic Christmas". This was another beautiful album. I let some friends listen to it and they too were blown away by it. Yesterday I happened to be in Tesco, and looking for new CDs as I normally do, I noticed a new album by Joe McElderry titled "This Is What I Believe". I was sure this would be another beautiful addition to his collection so I purchased the CD. I have listened to this CD several times in the past 12 hours. Again, Joe McElderry delivers a superb performance with his latest release. Again I was blown away by the new release. I've been ridiculed and laughed at for listening to Joe McElderry. In my opinion, this is one boy who can truly sing and deliver a mesmerizing performance. I don't care what anyone says. If you are or are not a Joe McElderry fan, this is one CD that you would most definitely not be disappointed in. As I noticed in Tesco yesterday, this was a new release and came in at number 6 on the album charts. That in itself says something about the album. This is a must have for anyone.

Here's What I Believe