5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry about potassium sorbate
This is an excellent B complex. It is perfect for anyone who doesn't like capsules or tablets and it has a good taste.
Liking or not the taste, of course, will vary according to the individual. I personally like its berryish flavour.
The price is similar to the capsules complex and, as I don't take it every day, it lasts between three and four months...
Published 11 months ago by lucas

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best B12 option out there
Published 13 months ago by goatfish

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry about potassium sorbate, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Solgar-Liquid B12 2000ug with B-Complex (2fl.oz) 59ml (Electronics)

It is free of : Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Yeast, Sugar, Sodium, Artificial Flavors, Sweetener and Color.

A couple of reviews mentioned that this supplement uses potassium sorbate as a preservative and, because of that, it is not a very good product. I think it is important to point out the potassium sorbate in this complex but I really wouldn't worry about the potassium sorbate. And open your eyes wide open when you read something about this additive on the likes of wikipedia.

Potassium Sorbate is one of those nasty E numbers. I don't buy food that has E numbers but I am okay to take 1 ml of this liquid vitamin that will have something like 0.2% of potassium sorbate.
Aspartame is a far worse additive and you will see people using it in every single cafe or tea place across the country.

Reasons why I don't worry about the potassium sorbate and take this supplement without any doubt about its quality:
1. I am not the biggest fan of Solgar. I very much prefer "Pure Encapsulations", "Life Extension" and "Nature's Answer".
But guess what? Both "Pure Encapsulations" and "Nature's Answer" liquid B complex use potassium sorbate as preservative.
Now, Pure Encapsulations is a very fussy manufacturer of supplements. To buy their products in the UK is almost a clandestine operation because Pure Encapsulations has a restrictive sales policy that no other known manufacturer has. If you try to buy cur cumin supplements from the "official" UK seller of Pure Encapsulations then you will need a practitioner's prescription...You can easily get curcumin supplements from Solgar, for example, in the high street.

I really don't believe that Pure Encapsulations or Nature's Answer would use potassium sorbate as preservative if it was a harmful, dangerous additive. I trust those laboratories much more than I trust Solgar but this Solgar liquid is just much handier because you can buy it from Amazon UK or in the high street.

The only B complex liquid, as far as I know, which doesn't use potassium sorbate is the biocare one but I don't like it for three reasons:
First: The amounts of B complex are too low compared to other manufacturers
Second: It is less complete than the products of other manufacturers such as Solgar or Nature's Answer and it does not have biotin (B 7) and pantothenic acid (B 5)
Third: It comes in a plastic container and I rather take a supplement with potassium sorbate in a glass container ( Solgar, Pure Encapsulations, Nature's Answer ) than one without potassium sorbate in a plastic container.

2. Potassium sorbate is certainly safer than preservatives such as sulfite or sodium nitrite. Do you drink wine? Do you know it contains sulfite? Are you going to stop drinking wine because of that? Do you eat ham? It has sodium nitrite. Are you going to stop eating ham?

Potassium sorbate is widely used in the food industry. Cheese, bread, yogurt etc, etc. Are you going to stop eating cheese? Or bread?
I stopped eating bread, for example ( not because of the potassium sorbate, but because of the wheat ) but I will certainly not stop eating cheese because of potassium sorbate or drinking wine because of sulfites. I am writing this to point out how the use of preservatives is widespread and how difficult is to avoid them. I guess you could avoid most of them but, really, would be worth it?

Of course, many additives such as aspartame are very toxic but aspartame, for example, is pretty easy to avoid. You can't say the same about potassium sorbate which is , anyway, much safer than aspartame.

3. It is more difficult to absorb B12 as you age, for example. Many people find difficult to swallow tablets or capsules. This liquid form of complex B will last two or three months, it is small and you can always find a place for it in the fridge after you open the bottle.
If you decide, like many people are doing, to cut or completely remove grains from your diet then you will really need a B complex, no matter your age. The benefits of this B complex outweigh, by far and far, any possible suspicion about the safety of potassium sorbate. Even if potassium sorbate was one of the really bad preservatives such as sulfites and sodium nitrite you would need amounts much higher than whatever Solgar puts in this complex.

I am not in favour of additives and I don't buy anything with aspartame, for example. But I live in a city in 2014 and it is simply impossible for me to cut all additives from what I drink or eat.

If you really think that potassium sorbate will make a significant difference in your diet then you better start to buy only organic products ( don't forget to fill your wallet...), don't fly anywhere, don't drink beer, use only public transport ( or, even better, walk) and so on.

There are lots of additives and added ingredients out there that you should worry about much more than potassium sorbate: Aspartame and other sweeteners; benzoate preservatives; high fructose corn; olestra ( not here I think but ; sodium nitrite and nitrate...

Just relax and take your liquid B complex with potassium sorbate.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best B12 option out there, 4 Jun. 2014
Although I have great faith in Solgar products I found this liquid B12 very disappointing. Not only did I find the taste unpleasant, I just didn't feel like it was doing anything and I found that my energy levels dropped quite a bit whilst taking it compared to the previous liquid B12 I had taken. It can be tricky with vitamins to tell if they are doing anything but I really felt this one did nothing where as previous liquid B12s had really improved my energy levels.

Apparently there are different types of B12 and I discovered this one contains 'Cyanocobalamin' as well as the preservative Potassium Sorbate and neither of these seem to work very well with my system. Previously I have used Pure Bio's Liquid Vitamin B12 which has 'Adenosylcobalamin' which seemed to work a little better. However I am keeping an eye out for a liquid B12 that uses 'Methylcobalamin' as this has always improved my energy levels the best.

Of course there are other brands out there but I thought others might find this information useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars contains potassium sorbate (preservative), 31 Dec. 2013
S. Logiusto (England) - See all my reviews
I just received this vitamin supplement and thought it is very good quality, but it does leave a strange tingly stingy feeling in my mouth. I did some research on POTASSIUM SORBATE as the preservative it contains, and found this:
In a study done in Turkey, potassium sorbate was found to be genotoxic to the human peripheral blood lymphocytes in vitro (ie: causes damage to the DNA)... it is not natural and I am not sure I want to put this in my body as I am very aware of what I am consuming and get mostly everything organic and preservative free. I will finish this bottle but will be looking for completely natural version of vitamin B12.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 April 2015
I think this is the best liquid vitamin b. I use it all the time. I remember how it boosted my energy when I first discovered it. I was reminded of this when I ran out and didn't take any for a couple of weeks - I felt lethargic again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Proof Was in My Blood!, 2 Jan. 2015
Recently had my blood tested and my B levels were very, very, healthy! So can testify that this certainly does the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 30 Dec. 2013
Often I cannot get this at my health shop so I am so glad I can buy it here thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars B12. Absolutaly fantastic. Everyone should try this., 20 Oct. 2013
This is my own experience of this product. I was recommended B12 by an alternative therapist in the States. I import mine from the U S but wanted to get some for other members of my family, so ordered this as it is the highest dose available. Benefits are :- REDUCTION IN FLUID RETENTION, LESS TIREDNESS, MORE RESTFUL SLEEP, IMPROVED MEMORY, MORE VIGOUR, IMPROVED EYESIGHT AND LESS DEPRESSION. FANTASTIC STUFF, EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS.Solgar-Liquid B12 2000ug with B-Complex (2fl.oz) 59ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Feb. 2015
Ms. F. Khan "MamaTeacher" (London Uk) - See all my reviews
So easy to use. Be Warned its very deep colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 April 2015
does the job good quality .

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately I can't tell how good if any this is as I am also taking ..., 24 Jan. 2015
I haven't buy it on amazon but in a local shop instead, no point in waiting for delivery. I gave it 5 stars a bit on a leap of faith that it works and my reasons are: ingredient contents, taste, and packaging. Unfortunately I can't tell how good if any this is as I am also taking some other supplements at the moment and they may obscure a bit the results of this one. For 6 days now I've been taking 2 drops a day. I don't recommend or tell not to buy it, the only thing I can say is it tastes good and I hope it works as supposed to. Solgar is quite well known brand so I am assuming this product is as good as the rest.