on 20 October 2012
There are a lot of reasons that a person may not be rich. One of the biggest, most underrated aspects may very well be ones own perception of life. In "Success, Money and You," Fred Schafer explores how we make our own obstacles to success and how to get past these imaginary boundaries. This is not so much of a quick fix to wealth as it is a real life guide to happiness and long-term success. I recommend this book to anyone wanting authentic guidance for his or her financial future.
on 14 October 2012
The key element in this book was, "You will be tomorrow, what you focus on today!" The author takes you through step-by-step why this is true and offers actions that can help you release self-defeating beliefs and life-long conditioning that may be holding you back from living the life you want to live. I particularly liked the section on working with "desirable opposites" to counter deeply ingrained beliefs.

He walks you through the process of developing a strategy for success, including planning and implementation - in other words to help you think like a business person to reach your personal goals.

He emphasizes that this is not a get-rich-quick book, it is a map to help you maneuver the challenges that are common among all of us when it comes to money and success. With his guidance, realizing your financial dreams can become a reality.
on 17 October 2012
After over 40 years in both the private and public sector, I have seen multitudes of people hold themselves back based on their perceived self-imposed cultural limitations. If they see themselves as no more than a business drone, then that is all they will ever be, even if they are brilliant. This book provides step by step directions on how to overcome the limitations we place on ourselves. We are generally our biggest enemy. If you can follow the simple directions in the book you will be money ahead. This is not the usual get rich quick crap I detest, but a solid way forward to financial prosperity.
on 12 October 2012
"Success, Money, And You" is a book that will make you think twice about how you are living your life. It will change your perceptions about how you see money and wealth, and how to go about obtaining them.
This book gives very practical and down to earth explanations on why we believe that we can or cannot be wealthy, successful, or good at business.
There are easily done exercises to help you change those beliefs, and help shift your thoughts and feelings from " I can't" to "Why not?"
Do you know what your strengths are, what you do well or are best at? This book will give you the tools you need to find out what makes you happy and productive.
Solid advice is given on what steps to take and all the reasons why you need to create a long term plan for your future.
By the time you finish "Success, Money, And You" you will have a map laid out, know which roads to take, and how to navigate happily to the future you desire. I highly recommend this book.
on 22 October 2012
If you read one book this year on the alchemy of success and money,this is it. Money. We all desire it, but what makes achieving happiness, success and a sense of life purpose, so elusive? Some of us have a habit of spending our money faster than we make it and investing what is left over- nothing! I'll put my hand up here. One of the keys this book gives you, is to show you how to step outside your existing belief system in order to accumulate wealth. There are so many things that block financial success. What you believe about money is not black and white, as much as the red or black on your bank statement. Define your money making personality and your success and money philosophy, so you can be in charge of your own financial destiny and tap into your full money making potential. This book shows you how. To achieve financial wealth and security, you need a plan and a philosophy. So opening the cover of this book was like being given the combination to unlock money making skills and potential.

Reading through the valuable tools in the chapters, you see how your thinking affects your ability to grow an abundance of financial wealth. If you are stuck with a think poor mindset, there are specific steps and actions you can take.Some you can do sitting in a chair or lying down! Where the mind goes, the body will follow. So many tools here I found positively valuable. What I loved most about this book was this, By the time I turned the last page, I felt wealth positive. Knowing that achieving a personal sense of security and financial wealth is well within my hands. Loosing a personal fortune, I could relate to what the Author says about loss and "bounce back". With the right thinking a and planning, gaining wealth is highly likely, no matter what stage of life you are at. To keep a perspective on money; what is means to you; to get wealthy, stay wealthy and enjoy the money you make.

I highly recommend this book. The next best thing to reading this book would be to meet the Author in person at one of his seminars.
on 21 October 2012
The usual approach of becoming rich is one of focusing on the right knowledge and strategy. This book focuses on the mindstate that it takes to become wealthy. It is about acknowledging that this is going to be difficult and somewhat painful but with enough effort it will happen. It is about removing fear and negativity from one's mind and moving ahead with the utmost of desire and dedication. It is about action.

The book does a good job of identifying negative limitations someone might have about becoming wealthy. It also talks about visualizing your goal so as to sharpen your focus and by that your productivity on the path of becoming wealthy. It also talks about self-talk as a way to increase motivation and productivity.

The book also has some valuable advice on the general strategy of making money.

Overall I enjoyed the book.
on 1 November 2012
This book was quite personal to me as I lost two of my businesses last year in our `recession' and everything that goes along with that. Luckily, for me, I can always see forward in any negative situations and learn my lessons fast but after reading this, I can see much more forward than I ever thought possible and it has given me an extra push to make things work out.

The author provides you with very thought provoking ideas, broken up with illustrations which just made me relax, laugh a bit, and want to read more and more.

The book uses some self-questioning to find out how you are blocking yourself from getting out there and making the millions you deserve coupled with very good sound and solid advice.
on 10 December 2012
This short but exceptionally educational book is more topical now than when it was written 15 years ago. Due to the recent global financial crisis, many people had to reassess their life philosophy. It has never been truer how our life depends on ourselves: every one of us is an entrepreneur of selling our own capabilities on the market, even if we are looking for an employment.

This book will teach you:
- how not to be afraid of money (there is nothing wrong with making money, no need to be shy about it)
- how to step outside the boundaries of your beliefs (dreaming big will allow you to actually do big things)
- how to execute your money-making intentions (learn to decide, plan and act)

Fred Schäfer does not introduce here a "get rich quick" scheme. His "one step at a time" motivational scheme driven by a powerful "get rich vision" enables you to imagine and act outside of your own "box". He enables you to change yourself - "if you can change... how you perceive things, you ... improve every aspects of your life" - though the system of meditation, reconditioning and strategic planning. It is as easy as it is unbelievable: if you wish and act on it, you will be able to reach much more than you ever thought you were able to.

After having read the book, I personally reevaluated my strategy of making wealth using the ideas I found here.

I recommend this highly motivational book to everyone who would like to change his or her life in terms of success and money. Even to those who are afraid to do so. It is worth the try.
on 21 December 2012
It's hard to believe that Fred Schaefer wrote this book fifteen years ago. I read it in the Kindle version, and was captivated from beginning to end.

Yes, it is a relatively short read, though not as short as many others on Kindle that pass themselves off as books nowadays. Nonetheless, it is long enough to give you all the inspiration and motivation you need to get kick-started in having success in money.

Throughout the book Schaefer gives practical exercises and visualizations to prepare you for a different approach to money - one that allows you to reset your expectations and achieve your desires. He carefully points out the issues that many people have with money, and where the problems come from, and helps to show you how to overcome them.

In the end, it's down to taking action (as with all things in life) but Schaefer gives you the tools and prompting to realize your personal dreams. Recommended if you want to sort out your attitude to money.
on 28 October 2012
This book is for everyone that is looking to understand their relationship with money and become successful. It is another remarkable self help book that helps you see where you are going wrong and how you can put it right. It focuses on your beliefs and perceptions and provides plenty of great exercises to help change your mindset and pose questions to yourself. If you still don't know what makes you happy or what you are good at this book will give you all the tools you need to find out. This is not another of those get rich quick books, it is all about you and helping you to change your mind set and plan for the future that you would like to have by making changes today. By completing the exercises and following the advice given in this book you will be able to create the success you have been dreaming of and achieve a brighter tomorrow.