Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.48

on 1 August 2012
I have read all the books in this series so far. The expression "ripping good yarns" comes to mind. I recommend these to any sci-fi fan, though they are not really bringing anything to the table which has not been done before.

Mr Thomas, I think, has a very good understanding of what makes people tick. In truth I am less certain about his understanding of military strategy but that does not detract from the read.

Two gripes - the proof reading could be better - "simper fi" instead of "semper" and "stone" instead of "stun" are two examples.

For me the main beef is the continuous use by the author of stood instead of standing and sat instead if sitting. I know this misuse is becoming common, even on the BBC, but it makes me cringe every time.

I will buy the next in the series. I hope it continues to avoid the sort of same old.... which often spoils multi volume series.
on 19 August 2012
I've been a fan of this series from the very first book, hence the probably biased 5 Star rating..

The truth is that this is a simple Si-Fi story, told in a way that just grabs you from the beginning. I am no English language student and I am sure the people of that type that may pick holes in the construction of this tale by saying it won't win any liatary prizes however; I love this tale.

As I have said it just grabs you from the beginning and you start caring about the characters from outset.

If you like your Si-Fi and a good tale told well, then buy the series as this last book is as good as the rest.
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2013
Battle Earth books 1 to 4 deal with the invasion of Earth by an alien race and the efforts of a mixed band of international troops who engage the enemy all over the world and off world as well.

In Book 5 the war has been won...or has it. The Earth is free and the aliens have fled but not far. After the failure of their high tech eqipment to subdue the humans they are plotting an even more devistating return.

All the characters from the previous books are there and we get to see a bit more development although now and again the author does get just a little bit carried away. One breath of fresh air in this series is that while most of the characters are from the US forces there is a good number who come from other nations (and even from other planets). Nice to know Uncle Sam does need help now and again.

Nick Thomas writes in a way that makes his books difficult to put down and that is no bad thing and I know the saga continues because I started reading book 6 today! Great!
on 15 May 2013
This was an enjoyable and undemanding read for all those who have liked the previous books in the series. My main gripe with this boook, and this series, is that it is pretty much the same adding very little to the mix from book to book.
on 12 March 2013
I loved every minute of reading this fast moving all out war novel, the best series I have ever read. Make sure you read the novels in the correct order. 1 to 5, I cannot recommend them highly enough.
on 10 December 2012
It's payback time, but who is going to pay? What have the aliens got up their sleeve? Not too many surprises in this instalment, but I would expect more in the next instalment. There's a whole new universe out there.
on 14 April 2013
Book 5 was good with a few spelling and sentence issues needs better proof reading but this didn't spoil the continuous exciting and inspiring story line of the battle for earth and the human race. Love it and bring on book 6
on 9 October 2012
Once again a brilliant book by Nick S Thomas.
This time taking the war to the aliens realm with explosive results!
Next one please!!
on 21 September 2012
The story continues to be interesting but can someone please correct the author's annoying grammatical errors and poor use of English before any future novels in the series are published. Battle Earth V seems worse than the previous books in this respect, some sentences are completely unintelligible!
on 2 January 2013
Not quite sure how Earth won this one? All seemed lost against a mighty foe, but somehow the technology was discovered in the nick of time and in enough quantity to arm the beleaguered Earth armies!