5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Radio
Published 12 months ago by mrs v a tonks

1.0 out of 5 stars battery eater
Published 17 months ago by Mr. Godfrey William Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Radio, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Roberts Classic DAB2 DAB/DAB+/FM Digital Radio with Simple Presets - Champagne (Electronics)
I recently looked for a radio so that I could listen to it quietly at work. I work in a back extension of a house, with limited windows etc (poor me), so I needed a dab radio - I read reviews on loads on radios and decided on this. A) the make "Roberts", B) the price C) the colour was quite nice and would fit any decor D) the size - good size not big or not small E) easy controls and setting.
I was not disappointed at all when I opened up my order, everything was described well and easy to add your favorite stations on. I have no regrets about buying this nippy Roberts radio at all. A good buy at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 2 Feb. 2014
Easy to programme the 3 stored stations. Nice sound, lightweight, long cord. Haven't used it with batteries though. It is perfect in the kitchen and we only need three preset stations so it is fine for us.
Great price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts DAB, 25 Feb. 2014
This replaces my much older DAB which I have used for many years. Much loved especially as I have limited sight and radio is my main sourse of relaxation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 April 2014
I love this radio. I am a big fan of BBC Radio 4 Extra and listen to it in bed. Good reception and compact. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars battery eater, 18 Nov. 2013
I purchased this radio about 18 months ago with a view to installing my favourite 3 radio stations as presets and using it in the garden. After much hassle installing just 1 of the presets I gave up on the other 2. 6 batteries are required to get this radio under way and 6 Duracells were installed. After just a few hours use the illuminated screen began flashing and the signal started to break up. Assuming external forces were at work, I installed another 6 batteries, but again the radio stopped working after just a few hours. If you're going to use mains power for this radio, and you've got a few hours to study the instructions for installing stations, then fine - if not, then I do NOT recommend this radio.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Classic DAB radio, 15 Nov. 2013
Very competent, cost effective DAB radio. Easy to set up and flexible power arrangements. And it looks good, bridging older and newer designs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Simple, 19 Jun. 2014
Neat and stylish, the presets are particularly easy to set up and use, though there aren't so many of them as on other models: ok if you only habitually listen to a handful of stations, as I do.
My one slight quibble is that sound quality isn't brilliant for a digital radio - probably because it has such a slim plastic case; my previous DAB radio was one of those "wooden box" types, which are much more resonant but take up a lot more space.
Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars When I first tried this I was disappointed because I couldn't get my favourite stations tuned in, 27 Nov. 2014
When I first tried this I was disappointed because I couldn't get my favourite stations tuned in. However, clever clogs hubby has done it and I am currently listening to Radio 2 with a clear sound. The preset buttons will allow me to change channels easily. Actually intended this for the bedroom but I might have to buy another

1.0 out of 5 stars OK radio, terrible speaker., 26 Feb. 2015
Tim Riley (London) - See all my reviews
At the end of the day, if you buy a radio you expect it to have a good sound.

This radio gets loads of stations (but I am in London) and the buttons and display are fine. However, the speaker they have used it in probably cost about 15 cents. To be honest, I get better sound from the speaker in my iPhone.

Not a good buy at all, and will return for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a radio, 15 Jun. 2014
This does what a radio does without any hi-tech rubbish. I don't use it very often and occasionally have to glance at the instructions, but apart from that, I would say it is a no-nonsense radio with excellent reception.