5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we wanted
We bought this for use in the kitchen which is a large room where the family spend a lot of time.
The Blutune produces a good quality sound covering the whole room. The unit is well made and looks good. The DAB tuned in first go and the Bluetooth is easy to set up to play music from the Blackberry, with the CD player for all the CDs not yet transferred to MP3...
Published 13 months ago by Jim 750

2.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Blutune 60
I must admit upon ordering this and reading reviews and the marketing blurb I was expecting more. The radio does what it says in the tin: it plays dab,fm,cd,aux and bluetooth. I do however have a fair few quality issues with one of the top of the line products from a 'luxury' brand.
Published 14 months ago by Andrew Marson

2.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Blutune 60, 27 Feb. 2014
Andrew Marson "marsonpee" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roberts Blutune 60 CD/DAB/DAB+/FM/USB Bluetooth Stereo Sound System (Electronics)
Firstly the sound quality is nothing to get excited about, it lacks punch and sounds very thin. Think a slight improvement on a cheap £15 cd radio book box and you're almost there. Bass is almost non existent and there is no built in EQ to sort things out and get any vibrancy back.
The whole unit and accessories feel very cheap and poor quality. The push buttons on top are very clicky and don't have any feedback or feel of quality. Pick up the unit and it's very light and made of thin plastic. The speaker components would usually weigh a good bit but as described earlier they aren't that great.
The remote control is a thin lightweight tiny item with similar cheap clicky. With buttons underneath a printed plastic sheet. I can't imagine this lasting too long without cracking or having to use a stiletto to force buttons to do anything.
I have had this a month and really tried to like it and wondered if it was just me or my music, but trying out all sorts of media formats, genres and devices it has failed to impressed and will eventually move it to a spare room or the kitchen.
I would seriously hunt around for other alternatives, we have a £60 sony ipod dock in the kitchen that's a whole different league to this with decent punchy sound, good quality feel and decent proper remote control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we wanted, 13 Mar. 2014
Only slight critcism is that the labelling on the controls on top of the unit is fairly small grey on black. Fine in the daytime but can be a bit difficult to read in the evening.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Device but CD playing ponderous and hesitant, 24 Dec. 2013
This is a good device by Roberts of good quality, the bluetooth connection from laptops, tablets and smart phones works a treat and have the phono Auxiliary input hooked to the television to reproduce the sound with better speakers. Having DAB and FM is good for listening to the radio even if DAB reception is not good in our area, the DAB is fine in my home. The only flaw is the CD player, there is a warning in the manual about problems with copy protected CDs which may be the root of the problem in that it can take a couple of attempts to persuade it to play a CD that plays okay in other players and takes quite a while reading the disc before actually playing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, 28 Dec. 2013
It took a Long time to decide on this product, but at the end of the day it was the only device that does everything, DAB, Bluetooth, CD and MP3 from USB. I bought this for my wife as she works from home and listens to music all day. She has a collection of disks, she loves a local radio channel and she downloads music on her kindle which she can bluetooth to the player. She is not brilliant around IT, but the Blutune is simple to use and pairs effortlessly with devices. Last comment is the sound. Easily good enough for a house main system, provided you don't want to rock the walls and so is not just a bedside unit as sometimes advertised. Nice rich sound with ample bass, great bit of kit Roberts..would be perfect if down in price 50.00 or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 24 Feb. 2014
This is such a brilliant machine.....feels fantastic quality, really user friendly and the sound is far better than I expected..I would recommend this to anyone who, like me, feels that life is too short to download endless CDs onto an ipod. CDs glide easily in and radio stations found automatically. Looks good too. Love it! The only unsightly part is the aerial - my old radio plugged straight into the main aerial and this one has so such facility - but that's normal and my fault for not thinking about that. But I would still buy it as it's brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... smaller Roberts portable radio for many years and it's fantastic. We selected a Blutune 60 on the strength ..., 3 Oct. 2014
We have owned a smaller Roberts portable radio for many years and it's fantastic . We selected a Blutune 60 on the strength of the Roberts reputation for quality. The Blutune 60 is a good looking DAB/FM Radio, MP3, CD player and is very easy to set up and use. The DAB radio function picked up a good number of stations. Sadly our BBC local station was not one of them (not the fault of the radio though as none of our other radios will either) I was a little disappointed by the lack of bass in the sound and as there are no tonal controls this cannot be adjusted. So the sound you get is the one you are stuck with. Having said that overall we are pleased with the Blutune 60, the sound fills a large room very adequately is an attractive unit and its multiple functions are what we wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 11 Feb. 2014
Quality product, bit disappointed with not being able to adjust base, treble extra also using usb stick / CD there is no album or track information, so finding what you want takes a lot of clicking through the tracks.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with the sound quality, 22 Dec. 2014
For the price level of this item, I am disappointed with the sound quality. As other reviews have noted, I have heard better sound quality from much cheaper items. It just sounds thin, lacks bass. It’s not rich. There also aren't any equaliser settings to play with, to try to improve the sound. I pressed all the buttons, heck I even read the manual.

I am using the device in a small kitchen and find the sound quality is not good enough, even as background music. If I were to turn the sound up to hear over the washing machine, it reduces the quality further.

I like the quality and look of the unit, the abundance of features (CD/DAB/USB/AUX/Bluetooth) and ease of use, but the sound just isn't there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 14 Feb. 2014
I'm so impressed with my blutune60, setup is simple, sound is great and the connectivity options only add to the package. I currently have my iphone connected via blutooth that is steaming music from my synology drive over wifi. Very happy!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - poor design, 6 Jan. 2015
S. KEENE (London) - See all my reviews
The sound was okay for my purposes. Bluetooth wasn't really usable, but this could have been due to my computer. I added a wifi receiver and it was fine with music streamed from my laptop.

But, the images don't show the remote control - it's credit card sized with tiny buttons with labels in grey in what must be 9 point print. The buttons on top are also labelled in grey small print - the images don't show those either. I asked Roberts if there was an alternative remote control - no there isn't.

In contrast, the screen on the front is large with glaring blue print (you may be able to dim this but even then it is very large).

I don't know what Roberts' designers were thinking with this, I thought it was really ugly and not nice to use at all. I returned it.