5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful looking beast and it sounds so clear!
I had a PURE elan prior to this and never got on with it. That was a pain to store stations and after only a short while the volume button started to cause problems.

This radio feels much better built than my old radio and the simple dial to control volume is much preferable to the push buttons on that Elan.

This radio really does look, feel and...
Published 16 months ago by Suze

3.0 out of 5 stars Mono!!!
Published 15 months ago by Junior Hornet

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful looking beast and it sounds so clear!, 19 Oct. 2013
Suze "Susie" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Roberts Revival Blutune DAB/DAB+/FM/Bluetooth RDS Digital Radio (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This radio really does look, feel and sound the business. I LOVE the way it looks. So Retro.

On first switch on it searched for digital stations and found radio 2 first, and when it came on, the first thing that struck me was the clarity of sound. It sounded like a top of the range stereo. Wow!
The instructions were really easy to understand too.
It is really easy to swap from the digital stations to FM so you can find your local radio station for local news and weather etc, then go back to the Digital stations and it is easy to store the stations you prefer to listen to. The FM station reception is very clear, too. Of course you have to extend the telescopic aerial for this. But its a well built aerial and extends higher than the one on my old PURE Elan.
I love the 'retro' look, the leather finish and the old fashioned dial knobs on the top.

It also has a socket for you to plug in your MP3 player so you can listen to that through the unit's excellent speakers.
I have ordered a cable so I can listen to my MP3 player and will report back when I have tried that.

In the meantime I am enjoying listening to a clear radio signal through a good quality radio set.
Very pleased so far.

cable has arrived for connecting MP3 player to it.
So easy to set up and now I have the luxury of listening to all my favourite tracks via the radio set. Sounds lovely and clear. I am so pleased that I can also use the radio for this.
Prior to this I could only listen to my MP3 player via the headphones.

I am a little bit in love with this radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant retro-looks with this bluetooth enabled DAB radio, 25 Mar. 2014
Planet G "stendec-306" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This really is one of Roberts' very best products. It looks really good, with styling that could have stepped right out of the 1960s, including the flexible carry strap and the black grille with the Roberts logo. You really want to own this portable radio and it will attract a lot of comments.
This is a DAB/FM radio with Bluetooth functionality - out of the box the radio scans for DAB station availability - where I am it found 32 stations without the antenna being extended. Reception was good... I've got a few radios at home, all of them with varying reception capabilities - I'm glad to say that the Roberts does particularly well without needing the antenna to be extended.

Sound quality is good though not outstanding - probably a little better on speech than music where there is a slight lack of bite on the treble frequencies. The single speaker has a reasonably good bass response, if somewhat close to lower-mid than anything - For spoken radio it delivers good clarity and definition whereas music is only passably good.

Bluetooth functionality is excellent - pairing the radio with my Ipod and Iphone was easy and once done the pairing stays - all you have to do is switch the radio to Bluetooth mode and let your mobile device connect. A blue light on the radio comes on and it beeps twice when a connection is made. It's plain sailing from there - very good sound quality from up to several meters away. I stream a lot of BBC Iplayer material but also tested it using Spotify and ITunes to stream music, and TuneIn to stream a couple of internet radio stations. This radio copes superbly with Bluetooth and it is a great reason to buy one of these -it may not be an internet radio on its own but by using your mobile device, you turn it into a radio every bit as good as a dedicated internet radio with none of the disadvantages (reliance on single portal etc)

This is a portable radio so although it comes with a mains adaptor, it takes 3 D-Cell Alkaline batteries. There is no re-charge facility (some of the Roberts range now allow you to charge a set of rechargeable batteries) but to me its not really a problem - the manual claims that with 4 hrs use per day, I should be able to get 120 hrs listening out of one set - that is a lot of listening and my first set of batteries are still going strong.

The only gripes I've got with this product (and not enough for it to lose a star - maybe 1/2...) are
No tone control - sound quality is subjective and I like to be able to make a few tweaks
Only available in one colour - Roberts would sell more of these radios if they were available in a range of colours, black is not to everyone's taste...

Apart from that - nothing to fault -this is an excellent all round product. Retro looks with 21st century features... Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but great quality., 28 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I don't have any DAB radios at home I thought the time has come to take the plunge to gain access to all those mystical radio stations that all my friends have access to but I don't. For me, real music ended around the end of the 70s so being able to access classic rock stations is musical heaven.

The main attraction of this radio that prompted me to order this product over the others was the retro look. I love anything retro so it wasn't a difficult decision. I think we've already established I'm stuck in a 70s timewarp. Obviously this is based on a 50s/60s look but that's good enough for me.

The best thing is with this kind of product is that it combines classy retro looks with modern technology. I may be stuck in the past musically but I love modern technology.

Sound quality is very good, being produced by a single speaker. For me a mono speaker (as opposed to two stereo speakers) is not a problem. With a device this size I've never found the stereo effect that good unless you're sat right in front of it. It also auto tunes very quickly. In fact I wasn't entirely sure that it made a full scan but it worked perfectly.

It addition, it has the ability to connect external devices such as an mp3 player or a memory stick via the USB input. So it pretty much covers all the bases. It has bluetooth too. Not something that I would probably use but you may find it useful.

Overall this is a quality product. Certainly not cheap, but then I'm a great believer in `you get what you pay for'. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro style. Modern features, 14 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The look of this radio takes me back to the late 60's and the Roberts radio in my Gran's house. But this beauty has the modern connectivity sought after. This is a mono-speaker radio, but is stereo with headphones. This DAB/DAB+ radio also has FM, as well as Bluetooth and USB - and the USB also charges devices. The displays are very clear, and there is no "fiddliness" with the controls. Well designed, this great sounding radio enhances the Roberts range of radios. The battery compartment takes the large "D" sized batteries, so it can also be used stand-alone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mono!!!, 10 Nov. 2013
Junior Hornet "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really in two minds about this radio. My main gripe is that a product that uses the latest technology to provide the best and clearest radio reception only has a mono speaker. This is surely taking the retro feel too far. They might as well have had a medium and long wave tuner. OK, you can attach headphones but this defeats the object of a small radio. You need to be able to have it on, for example, in the kitchen when doing dinner which is difficult when you are attached to it through headphones.

Which is a shame because in all other respects it is excellent. The sound quality, though mono, is superb and the design is appealing. Setup is a doddle as it autotunes within seconds. Changing channels merely involves turning a knob and pressing it when it shows the correct station. This is much swifter than on the Sony DAB radio I have in the bedroom (which by the way was half the price but has two speakers). It can be used on mains or battery. The Bluetooth connection is easy to set up and worked first time. A good idea as it acts as a speaker for any Bluetooth enabled MP3 device, albeit in mono again.

Altogether this would be an excellent product if only for the addition of an extra speaker and stereo sound. Not too much to ask in this day and age surely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio, 7 Jan. 2014
Got this for my girl friend for Christmas, she loves it. My only wish would be that they offer this Bluetooth version in all their colors. looks great sounds ok. it does all i need it to really.gave it 4 stars because i would have liked a more exciting color plus i don't see why they cant offer a stereo version or include an alarm clock in it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality and expensive., 26 Dec. 2014
Build quality below the high purchase price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be suckered in., 19 Aug. 2014
Very poor sound quality and a very cheaply made product, being sold at a ridiculously premium price, verging on rip-off.

I have a sadly now discontinued original Dualit radio which walks all over the Roberts in terms of the sound - and, frankly, looks and build quality. It was much cheaper than the Roberts too!

The aesthetics could be great, but 2 thin veins of blue plastic running round the otherwise all-black product ruin the look, especially as they clash with the far more attractive white contrast stitching on the handle. Why not have more stylish white or off-white plastic to match?? (I get the allusion to the Bluetooth function, but they are naff, to say the least.)

I am sending mine back for a refund and will spend a little more and get something decent like the Geneva World Radio, which I've since discovered is in a different league to the Roberts for on £80 or so more.

It's such a shame that a company with a history like Roberts has to trade on past glories and do so in such a cynical manner - at half the price this radio would still be too expensive for what it is and what it offers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap build quality and sounds terrible!, 14 Jan. 2015
I was very shocked at the build quality of this radio as it is expensive it feels cheap and feels very light but i am not surprised as there is very little inside the radio only a couple of wires and a speaker as i opened the door on the back to have a look and was shocked to see very little in there i just could not believe there was only a few wires and a speaker and a cheap battery housing made of flimsy plastic. The sound is crap to be honest and the blue backlit display is far to bright at night you would have thought a lighthouse was in my bedroom. I love roberts radios but this is the worst roberts have made to date just pure crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and Good Quality, 25 Feb. 2014
I gave the product a 5 star rating as it gives me pleasure every time I use it. Its looks are pleasing and the sound quality for every day listening is very good. I use it in the kitchen and have not tried to test it at full volume.
Moving between your chosen preset stations via the tuning knob is straightforward, though perhaps not as easy as preset buttons would be.
The Blue Tooth feature is good as my iPhone connected easily.
The strength of the radio signal is rock solid and crystal clear once the radio has tuned itself. This process, which appears to involve two breaks in reception during the first minute of use, takes place every time the radio is turned on. Whilst this is irritating I understand that this is normal for digital radio.