on 21 August 2013
Been looking for a dab radio/cd player with facility to play mp3 songs for quite a while. Just by chance spied this when I was browsing. Ideal size for carrying into different rooms in the house and out into the garden. A remote control would have been a great addition though.
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2013
Very compact indeed, wonderful tone as with all Roberts radios - the reason I chose Roberts. CDs sound glorious when played. The DAB facility is excellent. Thoroughly recommend this.
I actually have two of these - one in our bedroom and one in our kitchen.
on 14 July 2013
Spent a lot of time reading reviews and comparing makes. Very pleased I went with this. It's small, easy to tune and use, and I can play my MP3 player through it using the USB. I use it mainly in the kitchen and garden so the sound is fine for that. Happy customer
on 18 September 2014
Bought for my elderly aunt who is not tech savvie. Can literally be started with two button presses - one of which is the power button. The provision of an SD slot means that hundreds of music tracks can be made available. By pressing another button both CD & SD playback can be randomized - and it is truly random. Repeat track, repeat album and repeat all are also available.
Dab & FM stations easy to tune and 10 presets for each are available. Another feature I liked was the ability to store playlists of up to 60 tracks each, allowing particular artists or music genre to be stacked together and retrieved from both CD and most importantly the SD Card which with a 32 Gb capacity could hold many hundreds of music tracks in MP3 audio format. You can move forward and back through tracks and albums when the music is on the SD Card. The build quality is very good and the sound is very clean and smooth. It has a button for bass boost which works quite well without being overbearing.
For me this is a well thought out product with very good sound quality and I would recommend it.
on 18 November 2013
Good sound quality, DAB fantastic reception and so compact. Easy to use and program. I now listen to radio every day.
on 16 September 2013
I am thrilled with this especially with the bass boost, excellent value. and real quality, as I expected from a Roberts product.
on 29 September 2013
Lightweight, portable and combines all the functions i needed. Relatively easy to operate and resonably priced, pretty happy with it so far
on 24 March 2015
When I first bought this unit I was quite pleased... This was bought for my daughter it worked well and she was happy too.... Obviously the reason I went for a Roberts radio was based on the quality reputation they have so I expected I would have years of service from my purchase.....
Sadly NO..... 16 months later the CD motor stops spinning... Called Roberts who said they would be happy to repair it for approx £50 including carriage.... WHAT??? The unit cost £87......
Very disappointed - buy with caution
on 20 November 2013
Brilliant. Exactly what I wanted. A clear DAB radio with the facility to play cd's.
Good sound quality and light to move from room to room.
on 27 July 2015
This was bought as a replacement for a Sony FM-only radio/cd player. It's the Mk2 version, there is also a Mk1 out there so dont get them confused. It tunes-in to DAB as soon as you first switch it on, so remember to pull the aerial out before it starts otherwise you kmight miss some stations. Sound is pretty decent for a boom box, it isn't hi-fi but it's pretty good. Slightly thin sound, but dont forget, if there's too much bass on a boom box / ghetto blaster, you'll make the CD jump , so I guess they thought of that before putting too much bass in. The volume knob is a good thing, all radios should have KNOBS. I can't stand pressing up-up-up or -down-down-down all the time just to alter volume so well done Roberts. There's also a knob to select radio or CD or memory stick. The criticisms I have are for the cd controls, where the 4 buttons are marked rather indistinctly, for older eyes, and the tiny display, which scrolls along in a very jerky fashion making it hard to see what it's saying. And that blue - it dazzles me. Give me a restful orange or green any day.