Format: Audio CDChange

on 19 June 2014
T.S. Eliot writes with such passion so excellently written and so educational. I wish I had studied this at college.
on 27 April 2015
I love these poems and once learnt them all by heart. They still echo in my memory but my memory needs prompting!
on 23 February 2014
This is a keeper, something to enjoy either for a few moments of reading or to while away an afternoon.
on 6 February 2014
Perhaps it's a phase but I love the timely majesty of this.. I will read this again and again forever.
on 11 October 2014
Product as described, well packaged, arrived on time. A replacement copy of a much-loved original.
on 23 June 2015
This rating has nothing to do with the Four Quartets themselves. They are such wonderful examples of the skill and art of poetry that I have nothing to add. What I would say and what demonstrates a total lack of appreciation of the music, sound and cadence of the poetry is the inclusion of a soundtrack that drains all of these elements away from the words. A semi automatic reading by a voice that has the sound of computer generated speech is outrageous when attached to a cultural product that uses these elements so intimately to produce meaning within the work. Shame on Amazon for committing such a cultural travesty!
on 22 September 2014
Eliot at his best what else is there to say
on 16 September 2006
I am hooked, and I don`t even like poetry. At least that was what I thought before I started reading Four Quartets.

I think it can be read in two ways.
One can either read it and focus on all the beautiful pictures used; it is plenty of them, and the reason I picked it up in the first place after having heard some quotations.
Or one can dig deeper trying to figure out what Eliot meant; looking at it like a journey where nearly every sentence refers to something.

It is not an easy read, but I would highly reccomend it to anyone who has read quite an amount of books, as it simply is a masterpiece!
11 comment6 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2015
Timeless masterpiece (no pun intended)
on 10 December 2014
Among world's most fantastic poetry.