5.0 out of 5 stars High quality epilator with efficient little brother
The Philips HP6581 Satin Perfect Wet and Dry epilator combines stylish design with functional technology into a perfect product - Actually, there are two epilators: the big and the small one. In addition, it comes with a shave and a massage attachment, tweezers (with mirrow and light) , and a small storage bag.

Regarding the big epilator : the wide head makes...
Published 22 months ago by mam of 2 boys

3.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present
Published 6 months ago by Nic

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality epilator with efficient little brother, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Philips SatinPerfect Deluxe HP6581/00 Wet and Dry Epilator with Shaver Head, Precision Epilator & Tweezers (Personal Care)

Regarding the big epilator : the wide head makes the epilation quite fast and the ceramics discs make it quite painless. Epilation always hurts a little bit, but this one hurts less in comparison to other epilators I had. I've tried the massage attachment , and I really like to use it on my legs after I epilate. I've tried as well the shaving function, and it did it really well ,just as it should be.
Regarding the small Epilator: it is thin and long , so it can easily reach difficult spots in the bikini area. Even it has few tweezers , this is good especially for such places !!. I also use this little one for other sensitive areas like the armpits. I wouldn't use it though for the lip area , here I'd recommend the included, really good illuminated tweezers , that comes in the set. These are the best tweezers I've ever tried.

General comments: The Philips Epilator HP6581 Satin Perfect Wet and Dry is like the name suggests, to be used cordless in the shower. The battery life is about 40 minutes , which is more than enough.
Conclusion: Philips brought a really good product bundle to the market , of an outstanding quality and ease to use. Also at a reasonable price, when you think you get a first class gadget with a lot of extras, including an additional small epilator which I cant live without, now .
Deserves 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good epilator and shaver, 7 Sep 2012
I have never used an epilator before so can't compare it to others, however, I do like it. It doesn't hurt on my legs, just pinches, it hurts a little on my bikini area and hurts more on my underarms but is just about bearable. The shaver attachment is really good and obviously doesn't hurt. It is so quick and easy to use the shaver as opposed to wet shaving in the shower with a razor. It doesn't leave me with a rash as the wet razor used to (for the epilator or shaver). I have only used it dry so far. The small epilator is good for the bikini area and underarms. This has two disposable batteries in which come with the product, whereas the main unit is rechargeable. It fits into a normal socket for recharging and does this within the hour. I have used all the attachments apart from one which I have no idea what it is for and I can't seem to find it in the instructions. And, talking about instructions, these are very complicated to me as they are only in pictures and have no words at all! The light on the epilator is really good and shows up all the hairs as you go. The tweezers with the light on are also good. I have only given it four stars because of the instructions and the attachment that I've no idea what to do with! So, overall I like it and it leaves a smooth finish (with either the epilator or shaver) and is easy and quick to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 April 2013
It is fab, would recommend to all, was equally good both wet and dry. Good value for money and a great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Will never need to wax again., 25 Nov 2013
Well I was sceptical about this, but the reviews were good so I thought I'd give it a try. I tried an epilator years ago, possibly the first braun, it was so painful, I can re-call being determined to give it a go, and swigging whisky to numb me and the pain! Imagine my surprise when I put this over my legs, and did not hurt in the least, just a little tingly here and there. Now I have strong dark hair, and go for a full leg and bikini wax every 6-8 weeks. It has to grow back through, get to that itchy stage and get long enough to wax. I had a wax about 3 weeks before trying the SatinPerfect Deluxe, and my legs were itchy, it was great, it grabbed all the little hairs coming through, and returned my legs to that just waxed feel. Now I am running this over my legs about once a week to keep them smooth. So it is probably best to start using this on previously waxed legs, and just use the epilator when you feel the hairs there. Hairs grow at different stages, so you will need to use regularly to keep super smooth. But it is quick and painless. I prefer to use mine on dry legs, tried it once in the shower but found it a little slippy. I also used the mini epilator for the bikini area, again really good, no pain. Long term I will save so much money, by not having to visit the saloon anymore. Tried to do under my arms, and that was more painful, but my fault as the hairs were longer, I will shave first, then start to use the epilator as the hairs re-grow. I usually can't be bothered to write reviews, but this has been the best buy. I will take it with me on holiday as all stored in a compact pouch. First time ever, I can remain hair free,and have no rashes, perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa K, 25 April 2013
One of the best hair-removal devices I have ever used - recommended to all. Much better than any wet shave

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 May 2014
After plenty of research I chose this product as I do love Philips products and have not regretted it. I love the shape which fits nicely in the palm of your hand. I love the fact that it is rechargeable so you can use it anywhere. I love the little light that comes on very handy. It works very well and grabs even shorter hair and leaves skin nice and smooth. I can't comment about pain as I have none (but then again, I have been using epilator a for years so my pain threshold is quite high). I also love the extra accessories and especially the Precision epilator which works great on bikini line. The shaver attachment is superb too. In fact , it is a fantastic buy.....so why only 4 stars you ask? The on/off switch is difficult to operate and I need to push it more than once to turn it on/off. Not a great design. But I still would highly recommend this product

3.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present, 6 Mar 2014
It is a bit of a disappointment, after almost 6 months of use, I can definitely say that I'll stick to Braun next time. It tears hairs, they grow inwards more than with the old Braun. The light is ridiculous, because it creates an unpleasant reflection on the skin, preventing you from seeing properly...that's if you can tolerate the glare of it strait in your eyes when you try to look closely at what you're doing. The battery is not bad, you can easily do your legs twice without recharging. The small epilator is good. The tweezers are not good either, they cut through the hairs if you squeeze a bit harder. Again the attached light might seem a good idea, but is actually not helpful much. Altogether I expected quite a lot more for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 9 May 2013
After having a Philips Epilator for about 7 years I thought I should upgrade, especially when I saw there were ones I could use in the bath.
Having really thick dark hairs I thought using one in the bath would be much more helpful, even more so as the last winter was so bitterly cold I didn't want to get my legs out again to epilate after showering/bathing!
After looking through many reviews I went for this epilator as it has quite a few bits and bobs and was a very reasonable price.
As said before in other reviews, for the newbies, epilation hurts to begin with, there is no way to get past that, just persevere as it is the best thing I have ever done - my legs hate being shaved, they get really dry and I get loads of ingrown hairs, but epilation is great.

I only gave it 4 starts as it didn't seem to catch as many hairs as I thought it would in the bath, I'm probably doing something wrong, and I appreciate that the hairs lie really flat when wet so I will try again and see how it goes. In the dry it is great, and caught a lot more hairs, and the attachment to help pick up hairs and with a little roller on the back is interesting but very good. I really like the light attached as then you don't have to get into all sorts of positions to get the light onto your skin! Although I have ended up wondering why it's gone off and realising I've got my finger over it! The tweezers are great too, the light is fab and I just love them. The shaving head works well, I don't bother with the longer shaving attachment though. Being wireless also I love, you're not restricted to certain places in the room, and it's much easier to handle. I must admit I haven't used the little epilator yet, but I'm sure it will be just as good.
It also only gets 4 stars as the instructions are a bit odd, being just pictures they are difficult to read, even for someone who knows what they are doing - trying to figure out which attachment it's talking about by just a little picture at the top of the page was a bit tricky I must admit. I can really see why lots of people have mentioned this in other reviews.

Overall highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars and I find this epilator really good on that score - I hardly feel a thing ..., 24 July 2014
I bought this epilator a month or two ago, but didn't want to review it here until I had had time to use it regularly, and form a proper opinion.
I am used to epilating, so I knew what to expect in terms of pain levels, and I find this epilator really good on that score - I hardly feel a thing on my legs, but then I do 'do' them every other day. It is good at getting the small hairs, although do I always complete my routine by going over my legs lightly with a 'silky-mitt' 'type exfoliating pad after de-fuzzing anyway, to get them really mooth before slathering them with body lotion.

The mini-epilator that comes with it is gentler, but is not rechargeable: it works off AA batteries (sadly, non-rechargable type only). When the batteries are new, it is quite efficient (not so much as the bigger one though), and it is very good for small and sensitive / delicate areas. However, its performance drops significantly as the battery level drops - and unfortunately the battery power drops quite quickly with this little epilator. Nevertheless, I'm glad I have it, for my bikini line and facial areas particularly. I've given up using it on my underarms, as it seems a wee bit 'overfaced' by the tough hair there (in that it works very hard and the batteries go down quickly), and anyway, I can happily cope with the slightly higher pain of using the main epilator under my arms, so long as I do them very regularly. The little one would be useful, I think, to take for a weekeng away for a quick 'going over', as it is more 'packable' than the main epilator and doesn't need the charger. Oh, the big epilator seems to maintain its charge very well: I use it every other day, I've had it about 3 weeks, and I've only had to recharge it 3 times since the initial one, I think.

The tweezers that come with them are not the best I've used in terms of gripping the hair - although they're by no means bad. The built in light does help me see fine, blonde eyebrow hairs pretty well though, so I am probably a bit more thorough at properly 'clearing the area' when I use these than I am with my better-gripping, but unilluminated, precision tweezers. The light also makes them useful for seeing and removing the odd tiny hair the big epilator leaves on my legs.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and think I chose well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, great results!, 29 Oct 2012
Although a little tricky to get started, this product really does produce great results. The instructions don't explain very easily how to turn the product on (press the lower button quite hard for a few seconds!), but once you get started this epilator removes hairs easily and leaves you with very smooth skin. I used it on my legs and underarms and it's the best finish I've every had from an epilator (I've been using them for a few years now).

I haven't used the smaller precision epilator yet, but will try it soon. You also get some tweezers in the pack that have a built in light, which were really good for getting those tiny eyebrow hairs out!

You charge the main epilator and then use it cordless, which is handy as you can use it anywhere, even in the shower!

A great product and one I'm sure I'll find very useful over the next few years.