5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shaving product
Published 5 months ago by Jobsworth

3.0 out of 5 stars Philips Gyroflex 2D
It is well built item, easy to use and clean.
As I am using the shaver as dry, it did not shave as good as Braun foil shaver which I bought recently ( after the philips) particularly at the neck level.
Using it at that level created a bit of irritation and redness ( which is not the case with Braun, in my case at least)
It is obviously less noisy than the...
Published 19 months ago by Dr. K. M. Alkaisy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Philips Gyroflex 2D, 19 Feb 2013
Dr. K. M. Alkaisy (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SensoTouch RQ1151/17 Gyroflex 2D Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
It is well built item, easy to use and clean.
It is obviously less noisy than the Braun, I think.
I feel that the Braun series 7 is really the best of what I used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shaving product, 17 April 2014
I normally use a cheap foil shaver (10.00) which do me fine and previous a two head rotary shaver by Philips really did not work so I stayed away from them. However I had some Amazon vouchers for my birthday and eventually decided to get a decent shaver. I looked on the Which? reports and got an idea of what I wanted and looked at the feedback to help. I eventually narrowed it down to this one based on expected performance and price.

The item was delivered within three days, boxed with another item I had bought. On opening the parcel the packaging was impressive which helps. In the box you get the shaver body with the three floating heads, a beard trimmer that interchanges with the main head, small cleaning brush, two pin charging lead (120/230v), a charging cradle and a lightweight carrying pouch.

Clear pictogram instructions too although it really is a simple piece of kit.

The shaver has an all in one high gloss "skin" to the front half and is seamlessly joined to a slightly rubberised rear panel. This is all sealed as it can be used in the wet as well although I have not tried this yet.

It sits in the charging cradle and a flashing light to the front of the shaver shows it is charging. It was completely dead on arrival but after an hour it had stopped charging. On first use I noticed it was very quiet compared to my previous one and was very comfortable to use. My first shave was a success and I think better than my old one by far. I was very happy with it and have remained so since.

It has a useful travel lock facility which is activated by holding down the on off switch for three seconds and so would be useful if crammed in to a washbag.

This is the seventeenth day of shaving and I have not noticed any sign of battery drain and I haven't been rushing the shaves.

The cleaning of it is very easy - just pull off the head and brush away. You can dismantle the rotating heads further very easily but I do not need to yet.

I will try the wet use, as this could give a closer shave but I have happy dry anyhow.

I have not tried many shavers before so am not an expert. I would say that I have little stubble each day and couldn't grow much if I tried. However this suits me perfectly.

All in all it seems to be a great shaver all round and well the 80 or so I paid. I couldn't fathom anyone paying 300.00 for a shaver but they may be better I do not know, not particularly care.

Well worth serious consideration I would say.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good shave, 18 Mar 2013
B. THOMAS "Dagwood" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
I chose this product because I wanted a good, close shave and this gives it. All in all, a good buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less than impressed, 13 Mar 2014
I bought this as my PowerTouch PT920 was getting a bit slow. However, even when brand-new, the SensoTouch was much slower and did not shave anywhere near as close. I've only had this a few months and am so disappointed I've gone back to the PowerTouch which, even though it is more than 2 years old, gives a much faster and closer shave!

Come on Philips, how did this get past testing?

5.0 out of 5 stars minimal skin irritation, 6 May 2013
I've always had Philishaves but this is the best I've had so far, a smooth shave with minimal skin irritation.

I will shave more frequent now

2.0 out of 5 stars shavers, 7 Oct 2013
did not come up to expectation and was irritating to my skin was not satisfied at all with this product

4.0 out of 5 stars OK feels better on second shave, 23 July 2013
My existing Philips razor is from the 70's and still works fine, gives a reasonable shave considering the heads have never been changed, though cleaned. I have to say I do mostly prefer a wet shave. But time to move on, as they say.

So, this was me playing catch-up and I used it for the first time and wasn't overly impressed. OK I was in a rush, but God it takes so long to have an electric shave.

Day 2 and I used a little more pre-electric lotion and this time I got as better (and quicker shave). There's hope yet, though the razer doesn't feel exactly 'positive' on the face.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 30 May 2013
Super razor trimmer perfect nothing else great delivery really gives a close shave and that you can also use shaving gel or foam is a bonus no itch under chin !

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made shaver from a well known brand, 15 Sep 2014
Old shaver had packed up and seems Philips no longer produce the Nivea shavers they used to which is a shame as always worked well.

Took a few days to get used to dry shaving again but it does do a close shave. Charged after purchased went on working for about 2 weeks before needing a recharge.

Time will tell how well the blades stay sharp.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT RAZORK, 9 July 2014
J. Peet "Diva" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
My husband purchased this razor to replace his old one. He likes it, says it is very quiet and leaves his skin feeling smooth! Praise indeed from a man!! We both thought it was overpriced, as are all the Philips razor products, but as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". He is a real Philips fan.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›