on 18 July 2014
Initially felt like a lightweight toy.
Probably insufficient for heavy beard growth but a good smooth finisher after taking the worst off with something else - like a Braun.
Very fiddly to clean.
on 24 April 2014
Not sure how much better it is than the £80 model, except it has a beard trimmer.....

Philips shavers are always the best, but you pay for it!

Replacement heads are £55 each also!!!
on 4 January 2014
best shaver I've ever had, brilliant, great battery life, recommended
fits the contours of the face really well, cuts and trims and leaves the skin feeling fine
no rashes - great
on 24 September 2013
Having only just bought this shaver I can only comment on it new, but it gave the best shave I've ever had.
on 6 December 2012
Brilliant shaver! Quiet and effective. The best razor that I have ever used and the quietest by far. Easy to clean under the tap but usually it it swirled for 30 seconds in a pool of tepid water in the wash hand basin in the closed state with the machine switched on. Before shaving I douse my face with Lab Series pre-electric lotion and the combination works fine for me.
Highly recommended if you can afford it!
on 24 October 2013
I used Philips razors for many years but then changed to a couple of straight cut ones for a change (I tend to change my shaver every three years or so, rather than buy expensive replacement cutters). Now I've gone back to a rotary Philips and am very impressed. It's probably the best electric shave I've had for many a year. It cuts close, it's quiet, it's quick and it's stylish, so I have no complaints.I washed it out after four shaves and was amazed at the amount of stubble hair it had managed to extract.
I've only been using it for two weeks and must admit that my beard is quite moderate and not a toughie so we'll see how it goes.
Oh! and the battery is still showing plenty of charge left after those two weeks.

I never use it wet but would recommend using Boots Pre Shave lotion (in an amber bottle). It really is good for getting the stubble prepared and help give a smooth feel to the face.
on 9 July 2014
Got this for the hubby, and says its easy to use and to clean. Doesn't give him a close shave however, good for when he is on the go as he travels a lot.
on 12 November 2014
Works well. Shame about the cheap and nasty cover which broke after a few months and will cost £9 to replace! The travel bag is cheap and nasty too.
on 2 February 2014
Expensive but a pleasure to use, quiet running, and excellent for its purpose. The "long hair" attachment worked well to remove my beard!
on 20 June 2013
I have now had this razor for more than 3 weeks and iam very happy! Using the RQ1275 for a dry shave has given me the closest electric shave I have ever had. Disadvantage only is that you need time to used to the way you shave.
The charge lasts a couple of weeks easily. It is well worth the money...buy it