4.0 out of 5 stars Phillips Shaver - ok but expensive
Having owned numerous Phillips shavers, This one does not seem to have moved the science of shaving forward yet costs almost 60% more than my last shaver purchased in 2009. Expensive but cannot see the benefit
Published 11 months ago by G. R. Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the price of replacement blades
My blades only lasted barely a year, and the price to replace.........£55.00 when I complained to Philips about the cost in a review they refused to allow the review on their site. What a well balanced view that would give. The shaver is very good if you can afford the blades.
Published 19 months ago by izzy

4.0 out of 5 stars Phillips Shaver - ok but expensive, 29 Dec 2013
G. R. Chapman (Boston, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips RQ1275/17 SensoTouch  Gyroflex 3D Electric Shaver (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaver, 1 Oct 2012
I have now had this razor for 2 weeks and am delighted with it. I'd been using a Philishave HQ8894 for several years and getting an OK but not desperately close shave. Using the RQ1275 for a dry shave (with an eletric pre-shave lotion) has given me the closest electric shave I have ever had, significantly closer than my old razor. I have not found the wet shave as close as the dry shave, but it is still OK. I've been able to use it for a wet shave in the shower, when in a hurry or not too bothered by closeness of shave, and got at least as good - if not slightly better - a shave than I did with the old razor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Sep 2013
Great razor used electric since early 60s this is the best I have ever used not cheap but Easley the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the price of replacement blades, 12 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A, 16 May 2013
An expensive piece of kit, I'll agree but think about the amount spent on disposable razors and it is a one off payment that means you wont have to pay for them again.

This gives a really close shave. nothing is as close as a razor but i am in the military and this is easily close enough for my bosses to never say anything to me on inspection.

The charge lasts a couple of weeks easily. The trimmer head is good for sideburns and manscaping!

However, the attachment head, i cannot work out how to affix. I may be stupid but it should be easy or at least come with instructions. I don't use it so am not bothered but maybe it would be nice to know how it works.

Very easy to clean and maintain.

Well worth the money and can shave my face in about 20seconds to a brilliant standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Senso Touch Streamliner, 26 Dec 2013
Because it was much better than I expected
It is quiet in operation and it fits the contours of my face leaving a smooth stubble-free surface that is just perfect for any mistletoe partners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really close shave, 17 July 2013
Closest shave yet from an electric razor and no razor burn. Not sure if I will use the detachable trimmer but probably useful for the more hirsute...

4.0 out of 5 stars A great shaver but no perfect., 2 April 2014
Richard G (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This replaced my previous Quadra shave razor which was over 15 years old. The flexible head keeps the cutters in good contact with your face but I found them slightly bigger than my previous model and I found doing my top lip less effective. The shave quality is good but not noticeable better than the previous one. The sideburns trimmer could do with being a bit longer but is effective enough. The charging system is a vast improvement and lasts for over two weeks. My only real criticism is the larger size, particularly when you're travelling when you have to take the cradle, charger and razor, which don't all fit in the carry case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, 9 Dec 2012
I have used philips shavers for some years. I have always been satisfied with them. But I must admit that RQ 1275 is the best. Smooth and nice shaving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shave, 5 April 2014
I have had various Philips shavers over the years but this is undoubtedly the best yet even if it is a bit on the pricy side. The battery seems to last longer and the range of trimming options is just right. the fully mobile cutting heads move easily over the most rugged of faces and its one hell of a lot safer to use then Veet!!!! (see reviews)