4.0 out of 5 stars Philips AT 892/22 - good to have one
Have been using razor blades for the past 40 years and was constrained to change over to electric shaver due to my medical condition - must admit I was initially very upset that I had to start my day to day chores sporting a 'half-finished' shaved face...how mistaken I was!!

Published 22 months ago by S-WORKS

2.0 out of 5 stars TonyW
Published 21 months ago by A. Whittaker

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips AT 892/22 - good to have one, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Philips AT892/22 AquaTouch Wet and Dry Electric Shaver with Jet Clean and Charge system (Personal Care)

Until a month ago I had no idea that wet electric shavers even existed and my only regret is that I did not get hold of one earlier. It took me two to three shaves to be able to master the trimmer otherwise it has been plain sailing from day 1...the HQ8 heads are powerful, super effective and soothing, especially when applying shaving gel.

Cleaning, dismantling and installing back the head/blades section is so simple that I hardly utilize the JET CLEAN unit although I would recommend having one.

Oh yes..supplementing the shipment with a standard protective (travelling)pouch and a power adapter would make things even better.

2.0 out of 5 stars TonyW, 5 Dec 2012
The Shaver appears to work ok, better than I expected as I have always used a blade. BUT, the charger unit is huge, dangerous as the liquid can easily spill and also its noisy. The Instructions are next to useless! This is the main reason why I rated it so low ...there are none! Only a very small booklet with pictures. I`m an engineer so you would think it would be easy to use a shaver. I couldn't even get it to charge.

If you buy one be warned, you must make sure you push the shaver down and then backwards into the rear of charger unit and then used the locking mechanism to hold it in place. It`s easy to use the lock mechanism when the shaver is too far forward and in this position it will not charge and the Jet clean will not work. I think this is a stupid design fault that Philips should not have made.

In conclusion, don`t bother to buy it. Buy another make or buy the cheaper Philips without the Jet Clean/Charge base unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED, 5 Jan 2013
does not close shave me can use in the shower still does close shave me THOUGHT IT CHARGED IN THE BASE IT DOES NOT

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a close shave, 10 July 2013
I thought it would shave better being so expensive, I have to finish off with a wet traditional razor, a bit utility in construction. Like the idea of washing it under the tap

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric shaver, 5 Jun 2013
Fantastic product, well worth my money. I can use it in the car, as well as in the shower. Love the cleaning jet gadget as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars my choice, 3 May 2013
robert price (birmingham,united kingdom) - See all my reviews
After many years of Phillips shavers I have finally found one that suits my beard

it gives me a closer shave leaving my skin smoother .
I would recommend this shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Very close shave, great for the "baldie" look., 10 April 2013
Although it can take a long time, you can get a very close shave, as near as a wet shave as I've ever had. It's a sub 100 razor and I've paid 200+ for shavers before and they did not give as good results.
I also use it to shave my head, a friend with a similar "hairstyle" to mine had several small cuts and scratches plus a shaving rash on his head has now bought one of these, he couldn't believe I hadn't shaved with a wet shave. I find it great to use wet or dry, though you can get a few hairs missed under the chin / neck though.
Pros. Very close shave. Cleaning cycle is very quick.
Cons. No travel case, though the cheaper non cleaning model which is exactly the shaver without cleaning is supplied with the case. Shame on you Philips.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 28 May 2013
Very good shaver, not too sure about washing under water, but gives an an exellent finish, and I blow the residue out

3.0 out of 5 stars Razor, 11 July 2013
JJ (Leicestershire) - See all my reviews
This replaced my old Phillips and does not meet expectation. Does not shave as close as my old razor need to go over the same area two or three times

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent you wont be sorry Best shaver I have Purchased, 1 May 2013
Excellent shaver highly reccommended you wont be sorry best shave ever, much better than my last Philips shaver, good price