5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
Published on 29 Nov. 2012 by BusyMum

2.0 out of 5 stars now the modern one is useless. So have reverted back to last one and ...
Only two batteries and i dont think they will last long as slowing down after 6 shaves. , quiet and slow. not a close shave. No side burn trimmer as last unit of same model had. Diffucult shape to hold. Had one of these models each 10 yrs, same model for my 60 yrs of life, now the modern one is useless. So have reverted back to last one and sharpned the cutters. Thats...
Published 6 months ago by Eda Computers Ken Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Philips Travel Shaver PQ203/17 with Twin Rotary Heads and Travel Pouch (Personal Care)
This is my first review on Amazon (or anywhere, for that matter!) So here goes.....This little 'pocket sized' shaver is absolutely fantastic! I bought it for my eldest son, who is disabled. He has never been able to give himself a wet shave, so I've been doing it for him since he was 16 (he's now 20) For the last year this has really annoyed him as he wanted more independence to do things himself. I was scared to let him try wet shaving, for obvious reasons, so I started to think about getting him an electric shaver. Everyone I spoke to said not to bother because he would not get a close shave.
So, anyway, I thought I'd buy a cheap one first to test it out and to see whether he could actually manage.
Well, to say that I have been converted is an understatement! He has been shaving himself for a week now (which he loves!) It is so easy for him to use and the closeness of the shave is as good as I ever got with a wet shave!......Needless to say, I'm sticking with this 'cheap one' It really does the job well.
On asking my Dan what he thought of his shaver, his reply was to give it two thumbs up.......must be good then!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smallest bu not least, 8 Oct. 2012
For those who expect results but do not require grandeur, this is the shaving machine. Smooth running, little noise, close shave, no bruises, no hassles. You can take it anywhere and always look your best, even at home - I've been using nothing but Philips travel shavers for the past 15 years, and all I can say is that they keep getting better.

4.0 out of 5 stars smooth operator, 6 Oct. 2012
this is my first dry shave machine which surprisingly is quite good, very close shaved, convenience and easy to pack during the weekend away or a couple weeks abroad, highly recommended!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips PQ203/17 Micro+ 2HD Electric Travel Shaver, 14 Oct. 2013
Yes very good value as a cheap battery powered electric shaver. It cuts well and gives a good close shave. Its well worth the money paid if you need a travel shaver too take with you when away from home.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little shaver, 12 Nov. 2012
In the past I have had an earlier model of the razor maybe ten or twelve years and it was excellent, but then a couple of years ago I bought Remmington for some reason. A poor decision so needing a new small shaver I went back to the Philips and I am very pleased with it. Still using the batteries provided so I don't know how long rechargeables will last in the shaver, but the quality of the shave is very smooth and very comfortable. Very happy with my purchase and good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact but powerful!, 17 Oct. 2012
I have been using a Phillips Coolskin shaver for about 3 years but one of the tubes that delivers the gel has broken. It still works from just one but I needed a replacement before it breaks completely. I saw the reviews on this Micro shaver and decided to give it a go. I am not over heavily bristled and this does the job as well as its three headed predecessor. I am not sure whether I will use disposable or rechargeable batteries yet as I will see how long they last. Also comes with a cover for the blades and a lovely little protective case and cleaning brush. This shaver is a lot sturdier than I anticipated. I have also purchased some pre shave gel to manually apply before use which is not much different to having it dispensed from the coolskin. Great quality shaver and amazing value, recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right for my holiday, 15 Oct. 2013
P. Hancock - See all my reviews
Early days but this was perfect for my two weeks holiday in the Algarve. Easy to clean. Also, unlike razors it can be transported easily in hand luggage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow, but gets there, very relaxed, comfy shave, no knicks or bumps. Comfiest but slowest shave (take longer to get same result), 24 Sept. 2014
Mr. M. Soul "Matt" (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
Getting into Electric after wet shaving for 30 years. Tried this Philips Travel, and the Braun mobileshave - thought I'd do half my chin with one, half with the other. Wife likes the results from the Braun more. It actually shaves closer, and you complete the shave in a quarter of the time. The Philips however is completely different, really comfy to push around your face, feels really smooth going over your skin. Downside is you have to go around and around the same area a whole heap more. I'm a very impatient guy, and cannot be bothered with all this, just want the job done. However, I cannot help but be drawn to the Philips. If you have the patience, then it does just as close-a-shave as the Braun, and it's a more relaxed affair. Braun shocked me by having a tiny trimmer on the side of the thing ! So, both get four stars. It's amazing what these companies can produce for such a cheap price, but I suspect they are aiming them at people like me who want to try them out and see how I get on. So, now I'll buy either the Braun or Philips top of the range one... but which one ???

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wee gem this Shaver is, 31 Aug. 2012
Freedom2m0soe "Raymond G Baxter" (Troon, South Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I can understand why one reviewer said he was considering getting another and putting it aside! This is better that the Braun body shaver facial element costing much more. In fact I have not replaced the Braun Shaver foil assembly, this wee shaver was a fair bit cheaper!
The shaver makes for a close shave, I feel the same quality as a wet shave using the 3 or 4 blade cartridges, to avoid naming brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 7 Jun. 2014
Excellent value for money. Works well. The shaving heads are the 'close cut' type, and don't feature the lift-and-cut blades on the posher models. There's a lovely pouch supplied, but there's no room inside it for the cleaning brush. (Idea: leave a space for the cleaning brush inside the battery compartment.)