5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
Excellent not had electric shaver for years this is only type ever been able to use.
This razor gives a good clean shave---nothing equals a wet shave--but this gets very close
Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaving with a Philips RQ1145/17
Published on 15 April 2013 by J. Peill

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Philips SensoTouch 2D Electric Shaver RQ1145/17 (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars A TACTILE EXPERIENCE, 5 Jan. 2013
A. J. Bainger - See all my reviews
I HAVE USED A PHILIPS ELECTRIC RAZOR FOR OVER 25 YEARS WHICH HAVE ALL BEEN VERY EFFECTIVE IN ACHIEVING THEIR TASK. However the SensoTouch is very different as it seems to fit the face like a glove, gently rolling across the face.
A joy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips RQ1145/17 Shaver, 29 May 2013
B. Walsham (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This is the best electric razor I have had (Over last 50 years!) It gives me a good shave and follows contours in a splendid manner. Very satisfied (and has stopped wife complaining about my stubble!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaving with a Philips RQ1145/17, 15 April 2013
J. Peill (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this item as a replacement for my Philips 7 shaver and am not overly impressed. The shaving results are no better than I obtained with my previous shaver, despite now having to adapt to a new method of shaving; in a circular motion. The accompanying documentation was poor; just pictograms and be warned if you clean the shaver under a water tap the shaver is extremely slippery. Not a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent birthday present, 30 Mar. 2013
We bought this shaver for our son, for his birthday.
He finds it useful and really likes its wet or dry feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, 29 Jun. 2013
hubby says he is very pleased with this razor, he has bought many electric razors in the past but always gone back to wet shave. but says he will stick with this one, nice close shave.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 10 May 2013
Bought this for my boyfriend and he was very impressed with it as he usually can't use electric shavers. Would recommend this product to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jan. 2013
The best shaver I have ever had!!! and I've had many over the years!! Definitely worth five stars!! Buy one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good replacement for my earlier Philips shaver, 11 Aug. 2013
I think shavers can get too clever and this one is about the right balance. It is heavier and chunkier than my previous one and I didn't like it at first but now I am used to it, I find it easy and comfortable to use. Above all it gives a good shave. Not sure why it needs three indicator lights on the handle. One hasn't come on at all yet. Perhaps it will in due course. It holds the shaved hair well and it is easy to open and blow clear and brush out. Not sure I like the look of the little plastic clip which retains the rotating blades. Doubt it will last too long if removing the blades for cleaning regularly. Wonder if this is an available spare? Think I'll clean ultrasonically from time to time instead! Definitely wouldn't wash it out under the tap unless I could be sure of removing all debris and drying totally. Not sensible or hygienic to leave wet hair debris in the shaver. It will rot, decompose and smell horribly - I did it once without realising the consequences!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 12 July 2013
versatile ....charges nicely .....love it ...best on the market !!

went from a braun rechargeable unit that cleaned itself, but this is so much better