4.0 out of 5 stars Solid TDG album
TDG always delivers, this album is no exception. It has some fantastic songs and sticks to their traditional style, while still throwing some new sounds in there.

Published on 20 Oct. 2012 by Ruce

3.0 out of 5 stars A good album but not what I was expecting
Now I've been a fan of TDG for several years now and I would rate them as my favorite band. As soon as Transit of Venus was annouced I was so hyped for its release and really looking forward to listening to what they have to offer with this album.

Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Jack Shark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A good album but not what I was expecting, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)

After listening to Transit of venus for the past few months I can say that its a decent album with a slightly different direction to their previous ablums and because of this it comes just short of my original expectations. This "new" type of music for TDG isn't exactly a bad thing its just not really what I had come to love. The passion and feel of their past work doesn't really seem to make an appearance in this album. One could argue that some of the past albums (One-X in particular with X-Lead Singer Adam Gontier issues) had heavy influences from situations that were occuring from real life experiences, enhancing the feel of the album/s. And perhaps this album lacks that "drive"? I wouldn't say that an album needs personal stuggle to make it good but you can tell a person deeply cares about their music even more so than normal when they're going through and coming out the other side of a bad situation.

Anyway, for me the album didn't really have a heavy hitting memorable song within it. Songs like "Never Too Late", "One" and "I Hate Everything About You" really stick in my mind and are fairly concrete in my top songs list. Nothing really stood out in Transit of Venus most of the song were good but plain with a couple of fairly lacking ones within it. If I had to pick a favorite song it would most likely be "Anonymous" as it has a aspects of the TDG I loved.

Anyone who has listened to TDG's old albums will hopefully see where this is coming from. All in all if you are open to different types of music and enjoyed their previous work then sure go for this album! I did enjoy the album, its just I wanted more than it offered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid TDG album, 20 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)

It seems a little brighter and happier than their previous albums, the message being more philosophical, but it's intense rather than superficial. Any TDG fan will love this album, you can really see how their music's evolved (but don't worry, the usual style is still very much there). My only complaint is the lack of a song that really jumped out at me, that had me listening to it for days on end, but instead there's several pretty good ones that I kept jumping between. It's an all-rounder rather than an album created to accompany one great hit. That can be a good or a bad thing depending on your opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent album...again, 27 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
shipped and received like the wind, in two days in france!
This album is excellent, and could be perfect without a mickael jackson's song in the middle,and i really don't know why!
Three days for ever!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant album, 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
Peraonally I love this album as much as all TDG albums. Yes it's a bit different but in a good way, not a completely different sound. I don't dislike any of the tracks and still listen more than once a day after weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transit of Venus, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
Ok, this album is quit diffrent to what three days Grace have done in the past. But at the same time it still has the classic sound that we have come to know from them. The songs themselfs are better written and this album just shown how far the band has come. Each memeber of the band gets to show off there skills as muscians.

If you have heard Chalk outline, then that is a taste for the rest of the album. Moast of the album is very rocky with a few slower tracks.

All in all this is probrbly the best album yet by Three days Grace. As the band just gets better and Better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivery time isn't everything!!, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
Now, I know some people order something online and then sit at the postbox day in and day out waiting for it to arrive but, this CD took longer than usual to arrive. I'd go out, come back and nothing. So when it did finally arrive, it definitely made it worth while!! Awesome songs, brilliant music, fantastic packaging, arrived in perfect condition. Definitely give it a go!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Musical Transit, 17 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
"Transit To Venus" by Three Days Grace continues the alternative rock saga that marks Three Days Grace. "Chalk Outline", "High Road", "Give In To Me", "Happiness", "Expectations", and "Unbreakable Heart" are some of the multiple songs on this cd that create a good blend of vulnerable and genuine emotion. "Transit To Venus" is great for those who at least like alternative rock and/or the songs "Animal I Have Become" "Never Too Late", and/or "Pain."

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
I think its amazing but even if it was terrible I would think it was amazing because they're my favourite band and probably always will be. And yes I know they split up months ago and have a new singer (Matt Walst, brother of the drummer Brad Walst), for future reference he's OK but nowhere as near as good as Adam Gontier (lead singer on this album).

4.0 out of 5 stars Not their best but still good, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
Some good tunes but they've had better albums, but I'm happy that they've still got the same sound to their songs and haven't changed dramatically like some bands.
It's in a cardboard case which is nice but a little hard to get the disc out of if you're not careful.
If you like TDG you should get this if only to continue the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Quality Album, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Transit Of Venus (Audio CD)
Transit of Venus is another great album from Three Days Grace. Their previous album, Life Starts Now, is hard to follow but with the likes of Operate, Chalk Outline and Happiness, it didn't disappoint. Transit of Venus definitely continues their high standard of great music. First class Album from a first class band.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Transit Of Venus
Transit Of Venus by Three Days Grace (Audio CD - 2012)
Click for more info