on 19 June 2013
I was a bit reluctant about this item, as I'm a lorry driver and usually this multi sockets tend to burn out when connected to 24V. But not this one. It charges simultaneously my satnav, phone, bluetooth earpiece, and a fourth device (usually my second phone). Seller is great, with a very quick dispatch service.
on 9 January 2013
bought this for my daughter so she can charge her phone and use the sat nav at the same time. She loves it even her friends charge their phones at the same time. Was a bit worried that they wouldn't all work together but no problem. Have since bought another for my son
on 2 October 2013
Has not lasted long as seen as I only used it a couple of times (couple of weeks), will cost too much money to send back though so will bin it. wont charge my phone up as it says there is not enough power going through it (replacement I bought is fine though) Wouldn't recommend.
on 6 June 2014
Cheap, does the job well and arrived quickly. I've experienced none of the problems done people have mentioned. The only reason for 4 stars not 5 is that the charger plug is such a tight fit into the socket it takes a LOT of effort to take it back out. That may be a one-off flaw with mine though.
on 12 April 2013
Great widget this. I can charge my phone with the built in USB socket and have my sat-nav on whilst the kids are charging their games in the car.
Should have bought this ages ago, you don't use it everyday but when you need it you really need it. I will never do without one of these again.
on 17 September 2014
Item is fine for low power consumption (so three people charging their phones at once plus a forth via USB)

HOWEVER - it's only 5 amp max. So if you want to run a 12V kettle or mini-hob through it you're going to smell burning plastic and have a fire quick-smart.... Also, this information isn't printed on the device, so if you throw away the packing and forget about limitations you are at risk.
on 27 February 2016
Looked like a good buy when it was delivered. I got in my Lorry the following morning and connected the item to the 12V socket.

Connected to the multi pug was my sat nav and my iPhone charger. It was not overloaded at all.
All of a sudden I smelt burning plastic, obviously at this point I disconnected it and it was boiling hot.

Please avoid, by trade I am a sparky. Clearly there is some serious manufacturing errors going on when these are made. It's not worth your life or your job clearly.

Guess it's true you pay for what you get. Add some extra money and get a well know and trusted brand.
I purchased this item for my Vauxhall Vectra where I found that the two sockets were no longer adequate to charge my telephone, Jabra Hands free, Satnav and my newley acquired camera to record the antics of the idiots I encounter on a daily basis on the A31, M27 and M3.

It simply works. It has quite a long cable, but I have tucked it all neatly into the space above my ashtray and I now have 4 sockets available, 3 of which are in constant use now, with the Jabra requiring a monthly charge. Shame I no longer smoke as I could have used them all.

Worth the money.
on 11 February 2013
As a truck driver I sometimes need my Satnav as well as my phone plugged in all the time, I bought this for that very reason. It is extremely well made, durable and has never let me down, recently was van driving with a colleague who also needed to charge his phone so all three sockets were in use, needless to say it coped 100%. I would highly recommend this nifty little thing it does all that I ask of it and then some. 5***** all the way, for the price it's a no brainer!!
on 25 October 2013
Bought as a cheep splitter, 1st time I plugged it in the laptop charger blew the 1 amp fuse, USB port does not appear to work, but that said I changed for a 10 amp fuse and it will run the bits and bobs I want, for a cheep splitter as long as you know about the low amp fuse and don't need the USB its fine and I would recommend, if you need the USB and unhappy about changing the fuse or want to run high current items leave alone.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse