4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says!
As there were no reviews for this cable when I placed my order I thought I'd give a brief summary of my purchase.

The cable basically does exactly what it's supposed to... it charges my Nexus 7 from either my PC or from the charger supplied with the device and it lets me transfer data from my PC without any problems.

The cable isn't quite as thick as...
Published on 20 Nov 2012 by Fraser Gaffney

3.0 out of 5 stars No NOT for charging.........data transfer..yes
Excellent for data transfer.... FAR TOO SLOW to be of any use for charging... If you have lost the short USB lead that comes with the Nexus 7, then look for a 25cm USB 'male to male' replacement also available on Amazon.... it costs less than £1 and is as good as the original lead.
Published 21 months ago by N. L. Bradshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars No NOT for charging.........data transfer..yes, 7 Feb 2013
N. L. Bradshaw (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Micro USB Charge Data Sync Cable For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 1 Dec 2013
-waited for product to arrive which was within delivery date but the cable does not work, it will only fit one way , plugged it in but tablet showing no charge. get what you pay for. not worth the hassle of returning product

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy!!!!!, 9 Jan 2014
The USB charge data cable does not work to charge our nexus 7 tablet. I will be asking for a full refund. I have to give a star rating but give it 0 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Item, 8 Sep 2013
Takes forever to charge, outer black cover at Micro connector end lose exposing inner wires. Cheap price for a cheap not fit for purpose item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 5 Dec 2013
Didnt last 2 weeks. Found a Blackberry charger that works better than this for my Nexus. Wouldn't waste your time or money on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't work, 25 Oct 2013
This is pointless as does not charge the nexus at all which was the whole point of buying it. Useless

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but useless, 11 Feb 2014
Item is very cheap but does not charge or transfer data for my nexus 7. One for the bin. Purchased a more expensive cable elsewhere that does the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars not so good, 28 Aug 2013
it broke after a few days had to get a refund on the plus side it was a good length

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 9 Feb 2013
cheap crap. takes about 36 hours to charge. thin cable. sony experia ,samsung ace an nexus all use same cables an chargers

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says!, 20 Nov 2012
Fraser Gaffney (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

The cable isn't quite as thick as the genuine Asus one supplied with the Nexus however both the USB plugs fit nice and snug and the cable's at least twice as long as the stock one which is very handy.

Overall I'm completely happy with my purchase and despite ordering on a Sunday afternoon, I still had the cable in my hands on Tuesday morning which is a credit to the seller.

EDIT - 15.12.12

Okay so the cable charges the Nexus however its a painfully slow process compared to the `thicker` Asus branded cable and for that reason I`ve deducted one star. Data transfer seems no different if that`s your main reason for purchasing.