5.0 out of 5 stars Crafted a successful book!
I bought this book after reading a review on a friends facebook page and I'll be honest, I've bought business books before and I was expecting another boring long winded business book but no, it's not, it's written in plain english and by someone who has been there and done that.

Lots of useful informative advice, on branding using social media to help sell...
Published on 18 Aug 2012 by Josie

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!
100% sure that most of the reviews are fabricated! Recommendation to the author, you should mask the fabricated reviews better, since most of 5 star reviews are only reviewed once on your book. I don't buy it. Poorly written book, what can I say? Basically it is a guideline on how to use the internet and Facebook. Sorry author! Should try better with some proper advice.
Published 7 months ago by m

5.0 out of 5 stars Really informative, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Crafting a Successful Small Business: Making, marketing and merchandising (Kindle Edition)
This book was really helpful and informative. I sew and make a range of goodies for nurseries and liked the practical information and current crafters who she featured. Well done!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some interesting business ideas..........BUT!, 11 Feb 2013
I have read a significant number of similar small business books and to date this is the best. However, the book is packed with promotions for other companies and filled out with irrelevant craft activities. There is also quite a bit about how to start a twitter account etc which isn't really needed as it is all on the web. Almost feels as if this is all used to fill out the book. Therefore the book, which is expensive, really is little more than a magazine article. Less than 50% of this book addresses the title! I, like another reviewer, would also be a little dubious about some of these reviews....... Having read the book it makes you think they were written by those who were mentioned in its pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guidance, 28 Jun 2014
Lots of valuable advice, things I hadn't thought of. Very practical, a must if you are trying to start selling your craft pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting., 1 April 2014
Jj Beament (England.) - See all my reviews
Comprehensive, this book covers all you need to know about creating a small business. Joanne goes into a lot of detail, a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hows & Whys in a Nutshell, 10 Feb 2014
This is one of the best books I have read on starting up a small business.
It is concise, Informative and covers every aspect with clarity and honesty.
A nice touch was the inclusion of small projects from other crafters who had successfully managed to turn their hobbies into small businesses and their insights into the ups and downs that may be encountered along the way.
The book was very positive without giving a false sense of what could be achieved and there were numerous ideas and helpful tips to encourage the enthusiastic crafter.
I would recommend this book to anyone hoping to take their hobby one step further. It is an anthology of experience from people who have been there and are wearing the Tee Shirt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Woeful! Wish I could give it no stars, 12 Sep 2013
Really pretty poor book. Mainly an advert for the author's business. Pointless craft activities are included at the expense of having useable content for the reader regarding a small business in crafting. Total waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff , really got me thinking, 13 Feb 2013
My business is two years old, it has grown pretty well but still the numbers didnt add up, I was working a lot for not a lot of profit! My skills lie in my craft rather than business skills so this book was great for me. The tone is easy to read and full of useful information I felt able to put into place straight away - particularly like the section on pricing - food for thought - is your craft venture a hobby? Or a successful business ? Hopefully mine can become the latter !

5.0 out of 5 stars Factual and informative, 12 Feb 2013
I read this book over the course of a couple of days. It was easy to read and provided some very useful information, particularly on pricing your products.

I enjoyed reading the case studies and learning about how other product based businesses started out.

I wish I had read this book during the set up phase of my business. Essential reading for anyone starting, or in the early stages of a product based business

4.0 out of 5 stars A good primer, 29 April 2013
Found this book quite helpful (although I could have done without the "projects" in it). If you a first timer to running your own craft business than I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read!, 25 July 2013
lijay (manchester, uk) - See all my reviews
This is a great little book which I found really easy to read. It's packed full of useful information and I love the fact it has case studies of other craft businesses which I found really interesting. Although not everything may be relevant to myself it was really easy to pick out the sections which were. Overall I found it quite inspiring and it even helped motivate me!