5.0 out of 5 stars Crafted a successful book!
I bought this book after reading a review on a friends facebook page and I'll be honest, I've bought business books before and I was expecting another boring long winded business book but no, it's not, it's written in plain english and by someone who has been there and done that.

Lots of useful informative advice, on branding using social media to help sell...
Published 23 months ago by Josie

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good points
This was an easy, quick read which I found useful for the pricing guide. The rest was pretty much common sense though. Souls be good for someone who had absolutely no retail experience.
Published 14 months ago by Mrs Jane A Marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Advice, 23 Feb 2013
Great book really easy to read and get straight into. Lots of really good advice that you can act on straight away. Joanne gives very good current advice based on her own recent experience. The sort of book you can read in one go and then dip into for timely and up to date advice. Excellent introduction into social networking and making the internet work for your business. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful book, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Crafting a Successful Small Business: Making, marketing and merchandising (Kindle Edition)
Although mainly aimed at mums that want to go into business. I found it still really helpfully as I don't have a lot of time with working full time. I found the best parts were on how to promote yourself for free! Also how to make the most of what little time you have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 30 Jan 2013
Miss Emilie Charlotte (Daydreaming) - See all my reviews
This a brilliantly written guide for anyone thinking of making the transition from 'hobbyist' to small business, or indeed those just starting out. There are lots of hints, tip & advice from someone who knows what it is like to juggle a business with the demands of everyday life. I haven't really undertaken any of the projects, but is just that they are not relevent to my area of crafting. I highly recommend this book as it is so 'reader friendly.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Inspiration, 10 Dec 2012
Ordered this book after downloading a few free samples to my kindle about setting up a "crafty business". I am just setting up a handmade baby and children's accessories on-line business and needed some guidance! This was by far the best sample, and i got the full version immediately and studied it cover to cover within a couple of days!
Full of advice, pointers, do's and dont's and some really useful references!! Since reading this book i am now setting up a website and moving my new business forward for the new year!
I especially enjoyed reading the case studies and tutorials as they fill you with determination....if they can do it why cant I? Thinking of ordering the actual book so i have a hard copy to sit at my desk to use a reference!
I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking at setting up or expanding their crafty business :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, maybe a little niche, 26 Jan 2013
I was really excited by this book. Having been on Etsy, bought a few things, then realised I coul dpossibly make a little money selling some geekery inspired stuff, I was ready to get stuck in. However, I found it a bot 'mum-centric'. I was looking for more information on selling online, tips, and what the potential avenues were (it had all these), but it also had some 'make and do' sections. This might come across beautifully in the paper version, but on the kindle it was a bit like having adverts- sometimes a pleasant distraction, bit it wasn't why you bought the book and quite frankly, you'd happily live wothout them.
Still, because it had the stuff I wanted in it (although being honest, I would have preferred a little more of this), it gets a four- not a five as I felt a little excluded as a thirty year old childless dude!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some direction for my business I actually understand, 30 July 2012
After making the decision to start my own business I was confident of my product but very unsure of how to begin my business journey.
Joanne Dewberry's method of writing is both supportive and informative without the patronising dribble some writers use. I read the book cover to cover in two days (which is somewhat quicker than I read a recent book....)
From Insurance to Website building, Social Media to Homemade Marmalade. I refer to it as my 'Mrs Beeton' of the business world and refer back to it often.
Thank you Joanne, now crack on with book No.2 and get my business to Global Status.

Mel, Hampshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, inspirational book, 23 July 2013
Interesting read to someone considering creating a business out of crafting. Lots of inspiration and food for thought. Thoroughly enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crafting a successful small business, 4 Jun 2013
As a full time mum who was full of crafting ideas, but not very sure about how to go about making a business out of it, I found this book gave me the pointers I badly needed and the confidence to go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really informative, 5 April 2013
This book was really helpful and informative. I sew and make a range of goodies for nurseries and liked the practical information and current crafters who she featured. Well done!

2.0 out of 5 stars All fairly obvious, 24 April 2013
I was a little disappointed by this book as I found that it really just covered the very basics and things that I would have thought to be obvious (like if your business has a cow theme, then go with cow print tablecloths for your market stall). It would have benefitted from some more specifics about business planning, developing your craft business, etc rather than general advice interspersed with craft activities to try.