5.0 out of 5 stars Crafted a successful book!
I bought this book after reading a review on a friends facebook page and I'll be honest, I've bought business books before and I was expecting another boring long winded business book but no, it's not, it's written in plain english and by someone who has been there and done that.

Published on 18 Aug. 2012 by Josie

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!
100% sure that most of the reviews are fabricated! Recommendation to the author, you should mask the fabricated reviews better, since most of 5 star reviews are only reviewed once on your book. I don't buy it. Poorly written book, what can I say? Basically it is a guideline on how to use the internet and Facebook. Sorry author! Should try better with some proper advice.
Published 14 months ago by m

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Crafted a successful book!, 18 Aug. 2012
Josie (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews

Lots of useful informative advice, on branding using social media to help sell your products and especially the pricing chapter, yes maybe the minimum wage isn't a good example but it's better than paying yourself nothing and just covering the cost of fabrics.

A bit disappointed with some advice from someone selling at crafts fairs, "At craft fairs I tend to sell samples, seconds and end of line products"

Having done my first craft fair recently, maybe that explains why I hardly sold anything if people are expecting car boot prices for one of a kind handmade items!

Lots of snippets of advice from others as well and the book is not too expensive either, well worth the money.

Would I recommend that people buy this book, yes I would!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crafting a successful small business, 16 Sept. 2012
Having started a new online business myself and being a follower of Joanne Dewberry's Blog I knew that this book would provide me with even more information and advice and I was not disappointed. I especially enjoyed reading the start-up stories from other business owners. This book not only provides useful tips on marketing, pricing and branding but was also really inspirational. An extra bonus in the book were the "Activities" a different craft from various business owners for the reader to complete. Crafting a Successful Small Business: Making, marketing and merchandising

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Crafting a Successful Small Business: Making, marketing and merchandising (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for all Crafters and Makers, 14 Aug. 2012
A wonderfully simple (exactly what all makers need, simplicity) informative book that every Maker, Crafter and crafts person should read and own. A perfect reference. Keep it close and beside you to remind you of how to make your own crafts into a successful business whenever you have doubts or need to recap on the essential bits.
Well done Joanne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an easy read!, 26 Sept. 2012
A great book for anyone looking at turning their hobby into a business. Shows you to where to get started in making the best of marketing your product. Thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Inspiration, 10 Dec. 2012
Ordered this book after downloading a few free samples to my kindle about setting up a "crafty business". I am just setting up a handmade baby and children's accessories on-line business and needed some guidance! This was by far the best sample, and i got the full version immediately and studied it cover to cover within a couple of days!
Full of advice, pointers, do's and dont's and some really useful references!! Since reading this book i am now setting up a website and moving my new business forward for the new year!
I especially enjoyed reading the case studies and tutorials as they fill you with determination....if they can do it why cant I? Thinking of ordering the actual book so i have a hard copy to sit at my desk to use a reference!
I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking at setting up or expanding their crafty business :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good points, 12 May 2013
This was an easy, quick read which I found useful for the pricing guide. The rest was pretty much common sense though. Souls be good for someone who had absolutely no retail experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book to encourage craft businesses, 30 July 2012
E. J. Coltman (Carlisle, UK) - See all my reviews
As a keen hobby-crafter I was interested to read what Joanne Dewberry had to say about setting up a successful craft business. She's put together a great read, telling the story of her own successful business Charlie Moo's, threaded (no pun intended) with stories from other ladies - and one man! - who also run their own businesses. I really liked the mini-projects too at the chapter ends.
Joanne does encourage craft business owners to charge what their products are worth which is great, but personally I wouldn't use the minimum wage as the figure for how much to pay yourself - that wouldn't feed a cat!
That's the only reason for 4 stars not 5 for this book, which was a great read and absorbed my attention even on a boiling hot, packed-to-the-rafters train. Thank you Joanne!
M

5.0 out of 5 stars The words 'Crafting', 'Successful' and 'Business' all in the title says it all... a good 'must' read., 17 Sept. 2012
An excellent book written concisely, enthusiastically and effectively. This book is an excellent partner for anyone wishing to progress a hobby into a business or someone wishing to start from scratch. Joanne quite clearly understands what it is like to juggle a family, start a business and maintain an existing business and offers clear advice at every stage. With projects to try out too, this book represents fun, value for money, and tried and tested knowledge which if followed, will provide a solid framework for any new business or enhance an existing small business. By using real life case studies, quotes and social media tips ensures this book is relevant to the crafter and small business owner today. Brilliant read, beautifully written...

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful book, 7 Feb. 2013
Although mainly aimed at mums that want to go into business. I found it still really helpfully as I don't have a lot of time with working full time. I found the best parts were on how to promote yourself for free! Also how to make the most of what little time you have!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›