5.0 out of 5 stars They just stepped up to the mark and delivered.
Published on 3 Oct 2012 by Wrathchild

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear whats happened
Published 22 months ago by S A Bainbridge

5.0 out of 5 stars They just stepped up to the mark and delivered., 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
I've been a huge fan of the band from their inception. Each release has brought something new to the mix and after the turmoil they have been through in the past 2 years, I am amazed that they have had the strength to not only survive but make such a strong, varied and vibrant record. This is the first release where Rachel has been the main focus, vocal wise and I have to say, about time too. I have never heard her sound so amazing (she always does by the way) but her vocals on this record are just spectacular. This CD contains ten songs that have everything you want and more. It is undeniably The Reasoning but with extra sparkle, flair and intent. They have really pulled out all the stops to bring you a rock / prog album that keeps you solidly entertained over the 60 minutes. The artwork is stunning and the production a real step forward. The mix and separation allow you to hear everything, in crystal clear definition and because of that the multi layered production allows you to discover something new every step of the way. Not as heavy in places as the other records but that is a good thing. I don't want to be bombarded with full on rock / metal all of the time. There is a real sense of unity in this band and it shows on these songs. Bring on the next record and all that is to follow. Their best yet and that's saying something. Go get it now, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a Journey with some Adventures in Neverland, 27 Sep 2012
Richard Neal (Chelmsford, Essex, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
With all the turmoil that the band have been through, you'd be forgiven for predicting that a new release might be lacking something or end up as a bit of a mess. Well, what The Reasoning does best is turn adversity into a fire for the crucible of creativity, meaning Adventures in Neverland is possibly the most cohesive, satisfying and complete album that they've recorded, so far.

The Reasoning capitalise on the strength of all their previous releases and whilst you'll recognise themes and musical motifs, this new album doesn't play it safe. It's not a concept album but there are recurring themes. The lyrics and themes come from highly intelligent concepts but the songs don't alienate the listener. Lofty ideas might be the order of the day but the lyrics are always accessible and relatable: If someone learns something on the journey, more so the better.
Also, The Reasoning is not a band that can be easily pigeon holed into the usual headings such as Prog Rock or Classic Rock or Metal; they defy that. But, if you're looking for sources that could echo the common elements that help define those descriptions, you'll find them within the tracks that make up Adventures in Neverland.

If you're an existing fan then you've probably got the album. Anybody that has read the positive comments in music magazines should take a chance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear whats happened, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
Discovered The Reasoning three years or so ago, got all the records and seen them live twice, really liked their music.........a mix of great vocals, great guitar riffs and a unique sound. It took me a long time to buy their latest album after hearing one song from it and thinking "ho hum, not sure I like that". Bought the album and my worst fears have been realised, its all just one noise, no distinctive guitars or keyboards, vocals that at time remind of the Smiths which want me to fling myself of the nearest cliff. As for the backing vocals, amateur is being kind, on one of the songs I half expected them to break into a football song and start chanting wembley we love you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not my favourite Reasoning album, 16 Nov 2012
S. Bateman (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
I love the The Reasoning, but do find I have to play their albums a few times to get a balanced feel for them. I struggled on the first couple of plays of this to work out the tracks I liked most. The one's I now prefer are the ones I initially was less sure about - 'Glass Half Full' was my least liked on first hearing but now I love it. The musicainship is as good as ever, and the album feels good value because of the number of tracks. I feel there's more variation here than on the last album, so the band are definetly trying to flex their creative muscles. It's a fine album, just wouldn't be my first choice if I was trying to introduce a friend to their music.

4.0 out of 5 stars better than ok, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
This is good but falls just short of their best work (in my opinion) so only 4 stars this time , It's not a 5 star album like AWAKENING or DARK ANGEL two fantastic albums , and although it's good to change the style I think they have moved away from the more heavy rock to a sound more like 'Karnataka' ( which are and were great when Rachel was with them) and lost the heavy almost metal edge they had which I loved .
This is more like ADVERSE CAMBER (one song sounds like it has come from this album) but they still demonstrate the band's exceptional song writing abilities and skilled musicianship , the stand out track for me is Adventures In Neverland the title track , I love this , rocky riffs and powerful , driving beats , vocals and great melodies also Otherworld is a very good track .I will never tire of Rachel's voice but I think it is missing the male vocal's (there are some) but the way the three used to swap the lead vocal's and harmonies made for a truly great sound.
So to sum up......
it's a good album with some very exceptional song writing.The recording is crystal clear.
But not their very best in my opinion but very close , love the album cover that's very good.
This has to be one of the best band's around at the moment and hope there will be many more albums to come :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Adventure !, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
Played The Album today it is excellent beautiful vocals great sounding guitars, all tracks very good, especially enjoyed the last track Adventures in Neverland, I highly recommend the album

4.0 out of 5 stars Newest OUting from changed Line up, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
Another solid performance from the band but not as good as Dark Angel I feel I have not listened as often as I shouild have done so maybe it will grow on me

4.0 out of 5 stars Tops, 22 Sep 2013
Fireball 61 (Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is the album that got me into The Reasoning. Its just a great Prog rock album, a great driving album just tap the spare foot not the accelerator.

3.0 out of 5 stars Avarage, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
Adverse Camber i did like a lot. But this album is quite a big dissapointment.Some good songs, but the rest is avarage. Sound and production of the album are poor quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Further Adventures, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Adventures In Neverland (Audio CD)
After listening to a few pieces on You Tube, I decided to buy this album. I put it into the CD-player! I was unsure at first, but after a few plays it began to appeal to me. I know very little about this group. The style of music is close to the gothic symphonic rock that I like listening, from groups such as Nighwish and Epica. It's not exactly in this genre and it doesn't attempt to be. But, I think those who enjoy the aforementioned groups will probably enjoy this album. I thought the final two tracks were perhaps the best: Forest of Hands and Teeth and Advertures in Neverland.

Adventures In Neverland
Adventures In Neverland by The Reasoning (Audio CD - 2012)