Colour Name: GREEN|Change

on 28 October 2015
I read the reviews how this headphones tend to break even with careful handling. I fell in love with colour and design, and I also have quite small head, so I was thinking, nah, it can't happen to me. I was wrong. They have an amazing sound and look, but quality of the product is really really bad. After few months of everyday use at work (I wasn't even using them for running, gym, or anything similar), just listening to Spotify by desk; the plastic on one side just broke.
review image
on 17 January 2014
These headphones produce wonderful sounds for the price range, especially for mild bass such as R&B. However, the hypermobility of the ear pads and the multiple joints that allow them to fold are a huge weak point. They are already broken. I am not a heavy user, and take very good care of my belongings. They live inside their carry case, placed carefully in my bag so as not to be folded too much, and they still snapped. I am massively disappointed!
on 4 June 2015
Exactly have the same problem as other 1 star reviewer Phil Hughes.
There is a major design/manufacturing flaw it this model. The way that metal bail in headband is designed creates a lever in the place where plastic got snipped so in my opinion it's actually generates more tensions rather than support the headband.
The headphones snapped after only 8 weeks of moderate (if not little) use. I'm not a DJ, I was using them maybe for 2-3 hours a day 2-3 times a week. That's it.
Sound and call quality is decent (I'm a big fan of AKG headphones and using few from K series in my recording studio) but I would not recommend this product to anyone until the headband design problem is resolved.
review image review image
on 29 December 2013
These headphones look and sound great. I was worried that there would be far too much bass but I was pleased to find that they have a very equal sound. I listen to a lot of rock and acoustic guitar music and these headphones do the job very well. Bear in mind that these headphones are a lot smaller than the picture makes them look. They are so small that they need to be fully extended to fit a normal sized head! The build quality is also fantastic and they come with an extension cable and bag which is nice.

The only problem with these headphones is that they do clamp down on your head pretty hard, other than that they are really great.

Update: After using these for a few weeks now they have really loosened up and are far more comfortable, even better than my old sony mdr zx600's!

Update 2: Had them a few months, still going strong and sound great. I have no idea how the other people managed to break theirs! Mine are fine.
on 27 May 2014
These are my first pair of on-ear headphones and I will be sticking to this style compared to a long line of in-ear products.

I spent some time looking into various models and although this pair may not have had the most popular reviews compared to other makes, I liked the style and price and so gave them a go.

I have since compared these to a number of other pairs that various friends own, namely a pair from Sennheiser, Skull Candy and Sony, and while this pair are not quite as sharp as Sennheiser they are more balanced and offer a richer overall sound across the range, they tended to be better than most in most areas.

This pair are light, durable, sound great, reasonably priced, comfortable, portable, adjustable.

I would recommend them and my next pair would be AKG. It is worth mentioning again that this is my first pair but again that I have compared since my purchase and am more than pleased.
on 18 October 2014
Decent sounding headphones! I was expecting the AVGs to be overpowered on the base, but it's actually very nicely balanced across the whole frequency range. There are a few negatives- like the seal on the ears not being fantastic and the fact the headphones can be uncomfortable after prolonged use if you wear glasses- but overall I'm very happy with the headphones. A decent product for beginners or those on a tight budget. I would definitely recommend to a friend.
on 3 April 2016
First off, a warning to anyone wanting to buy these headphones, they will break, just as 90% of the reviews will tell you. Mine broke in just under a month.
The audio these headphones produce is mediocre at best, so similarly priced headphones, such as the M20X's or Sony MDR- XB450's would be a much better choice. The treble and highs are average and the bass isn't amazing, although is more pronounced that other other frequencies, I assume to target a certain market.
I also came across some compatibility issues using these with my android smartphone, which was overcome by holding down the in-line remote's centre button, however this led to me not being able to use the in line remote. The packaging, however doe come with a section advertising it's use in apple product, so I'd assume the issue is only on android.
- Pros:
Ok bass
Portable
Comes with a carry case
- Cons:
Uncomfortable to wear over long periods of time, due to the huge pressure on the ears
Very, very fragile
Mediocre audio quality
on 27 September 2015
Great sound, however a tight fit and become uncomfortable on the ears after less than an hour. Had my pair for just over a year, they never left the house and were treated perfectly, however like other reviewers, the plastic head band snapped rendering them useless and they are now in the bin.
on 29 June 2014
Absolutely phenomenal sound, especially for the price, but the plastic above each headphone is weak and breaks very easily, making them uncomfortable to wear, though it doesn't effect sound quality at all, which still remains fantastic.
on 31 May 2015
The headphones seem to be of high quality, the material feels valuable. I liked that they come with a storage bag and can be folded for transport. The sound is very clear and full. No complaints about that. However I was not satisfied and returned them.
Some reviews here already stated that the volume is unacceptable low. I connected them to an Apple I Phone and encountered the same. I don't know if it is different for other devices. Even if you put the volume on highest level the sound is quite faint and you still hear all the noise surrounding you. Moreover they were too tight for me and after 10 minutes my ears started to hurt because of the high pressure the headphones put onto them.