5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, sound and looks.
Published 11 months ago by disneygirl

Very good sound quality but the problem is that they broke at the second day i used them, so that was really disappointing
Published 10 months ago by Paulina

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound quality but they broke at the second day i used them, 17 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, sound and looks., 29 Dec 2013
These headphones look and sound great. I was worried that there would be far too much bass but I was pleased to find that they have a very equal sound. I listen to a lot of rock and acoustic guitar music and these headphones do the job very well. Bear in mind that these headphones are a lot smaller than the picture makes them look. They are so small that they need to be fully extended to fit a normal sized head! The build quality is also fantastic and they come with an extension cable and bag which is nice.

The only problem with these headphones is that they do clamp down on your head pretty hard, other than that they are really great.

Update: After using these for a few weeks now they have really loosened up and are far more comfortable, even better than my old sony mdr zx600's!

Update 2: Had them a few months, still going strong and sound great. I have no idea how the other people managed to break theirs! Mine are fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Massively disappointed:-(, 17 Jan 2014
These headphones produce wonderful sounds for the price range, especially for mild bass such as R&B. However, the hypermobility of the ear pads and the multiple joints that allow them to fold are a huge weak point. They are already broken. I am not a heavy user, and take very good care of my belongings. They live inside their carry case, placed carefully in my bag so as not to be folded too much, and they still snapped. I am massively disappointed!

2.0 out of 5 stars So TIGHT it hurts after 5 minutes!!!!!, 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: AKG Premium DJ On-Ear Headphones with Apple iPhone Controls and Microphone (Electronics)
After 2 months of research on small yet nicely designed, good sound foldable headphones I bought this pair.

Pros: These Headphones look amazing and have good sound.

Cons: HOWEVER when they came the soft pads around the headband were already falling off the plastic : I could see the glue tearing away from the plastic and it felt like it would fall apart after a month use. Cheaply done.

And the main issue for me was how TIGHT the headphones were on my head. I had read reviews about that and thought 'oh but I have a small head it'll be fine' I was wrong! It was so tight on my ears they started heating up and hurting a lot after 5 minutes of wearing them, I could hear my heart pumping through my ears, no way I'd be able to wear them for an 1h commute twice a day. And believe me I'm a girl with a small head.

So I'd say avoid!

3.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Design, poorly manufactured, 14 Aug 2014
Alexander Fitzthum (Dublin) - See all my reviews
They have incredible Sound Quality for the Price, but I have to say they are rather small and show signs of breaking after only a few days use as my head is a bit too big for them.
I'm a rather big guy but not I'm not huge (1,88m), I think they should fit me regardless,
I'm getting the feeling (I also had other AKG headphones before) that they are designed to fit GIrls.

Other then that:
They are very good designed but simply poorly manufactured (I can say that about all my AKG headphones I had so far).
But again, they have a high sound quality and I don't want to go back to anything less.

4.0 out of 5 stars but it's actually very nicely balanced across the whole frequency range, 18 Oct 2014
Decent sounding headphones! I was expecting the AVGs to be overpowered on the base, but it's actually very nicely balanced across the whole frequency range. There are a few negatives- like the seal on the ears not being fantastic and the fact the headphones can be uncomfortable after prolonged use if you wear glasses- but overall I'm very happy with the headphones. A decent product for beginners or those on a tight budget. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for the price, but very flimsy, 13 Sep 2014
I've had these for just over three months and the sound is great for the price. However, they are very flimsy. I've been very careful with them and the headband has snapped just above the left headphone pad when placing them onto my head - not something you expect from £50 headphones. I'm currently awaiting a response from AKG customer service regarding a replacement...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but fragile, 29 Jun 2014
Absolutely phenomenal sound, especially for the price, but the plastic above each headphone is weak and breaks very easily, making them uncomfortable to wear, though it doesn't effect sound quality at all, which still remains fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!!, 30 May 2014
Does the job as well or better than much more expensive phones - no need to pay more, just buy these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Initiation into on-ear, 27 May 2014
These are my first pair of on-ear headphones and I will be sticking to this style compared to a long line of in-ear products.

I spent some time looking into various models and although this pair may not have had the most popular reviews compared to other makes, I liked the style and price and so gave them a go.

I have since compared these to a number of other pairs that various friends own, namely a pair from Sennheiser, Skull Candy and Sony, and while this pair are not quite as sharp as Sennheiser they are more balanced and offer a richer overall sound across the range, they tended to be better than most in most areas.

This pair are light, durable, sound great, reasonably priced, comfortable, portable, adjustable.

I would recommend them and my next pair would be AKG. It is worth mentioning again that this is my first pair but again that I have compared since my purchase and am more than pleased.