5.0 out of 5 stars Essentail purchase in hard water areas
Published 2 months ago by smartesthorse

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple invention
Cute product, but my new Philips iron still requires descaling.

The descaler does not last long at all.

Philips can do better.
Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Ayo Akapo

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple invention, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Philips GC024/10 Anti-Limescale Iron Care Jug (Kitchen & Home)
Cute product, but my new Philips iron still requires descaling.

The descaler does not last long at all.

Philips can do better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essentail purchase in hard water areas, 1 Jan. 2015
When I bought my new Phillips iron for over £100, it came with a strip to test water hardness. Here in Suffolk, my water was as hard as can be. I had been buying three or four irons A YEAR having to chuck them out as they rapidly became completely blocked with calcium deposits. I was disappointed at first to find out I now had to shell out for the jug as well, but what a difference! I can't say I actually LOVE ironing but its a great deal better having a full jet of steam. The down side is that such is the degree of hardness, that each cartridge last only about 2 months BUT I am saving on new irons. I wish I had found out about this product earlier. My tip . watch the cartridge carefully when it turns completely brown change it or your lovely iron will block up again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and has proven effective. The initial cartridge lasted ..., 12 Oct. 2014
Mr. P. W. Harwood "Roadcutter" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Simple and has proven effective. The initial cartridge lasted four months and there is no sign of limescale on the iron despite hard water in our area which has historically wrecked our irons after two years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, easy to use., 19 Aug. 2014
P. Higgins - See all my reviews
Bought this to help keep the iron scale free.
Now need to see how long the filter lasts before needing a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Dec. 2014
Use it to fill up by steam generator iron. helps the filter in the iron to last longer. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 13 Nov. 2014
Really works. Great item. A bit bulky though for storage could do with making one slightly smaller.

Philips GC024/10 Anti-Limescale Iron Care Jug