5.0 out of 5 stars New favourites!
I bought the C20 after i saw the great reviews in what hifi on their old products, and I wanted a good set of noise cancelling earphones without the bose pricing!

They really do cancel out background noise and the sound quality really is good - I agree with the other reviewer. The case is good and solid, the battery lasts for ages and the mic works perfectly on...
Published on 23 Nov 2012 by Becky1992

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says but broke quickly
I bought these headphones on the strength of some reviews saying how comfortable and good they were. For what they were offering, they seemed a pretty good price, too.

When they arrived, there were indeed very comfortable, and cancelled out noise beautifully. I had about 2 weeks where my commutes were positively blissful with minimal chattering school children...
Published 23 months ago by A user

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but I've nothing to compare them with, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Blackbox C20 Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought these earphones for a transatlantic flight after reading loads of reviews and carrying out loads of research on many headphones/earphones. I went for these because they had great (but few) customer reviews and were rated by professional reviewers too.

The first thing I would like to state is that I have never tried noise cancelling or noise isolating headphones/earphones before so do not have anything to compare them to.

When I inserted these earphones on the airplane the first thing I noticed was that they seemed to work pretty well at noise isolating, i.e. with the noise cancelling electronics switched off. When the electronics were switched on low tones were eliminated completely (engine noise) but the volume automatically rose and the treble of the music also increased, I'm not sure how the description claims 'providing a deep bass'. Combined, the noise cancelling and noise isolating was very effective although you could still hear voices, albeit less noticeably. Having said that, my music volume was on 4 of 15 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and I couldn't hear the offer of 'tea or coffee' and had to be tapped on the shoulder. Another point to mention is that the flights I took were really quite quiet so the earphones were not tested as intensely as I expected.

When fitted the earphones are very comfortable. They come with three sizes of earbuds to fit different ear sizes and come in a nice little fabric case with double airplane adaptor. The cable seemed to untangle very easily when removed from the case. The electronics unit is a good looking little device but the cable length from it to the mp3 player is an odd length; if the mp3 player is in my jeans pocket the cable is too long to clip the electronics unit to your belt and too short to clip to your t-shirt collar. Not a major problem just I thought I would mention it.

The in-line pause/play button works with my Android phone but not the volume controls. I would imagine they are intended primarily for the Apple market.

All in all I am happy with my purchase, however, I have nothing to compare them against The noise isolating function of the earphones seems to be the most effective with some additional benefit from having the noise cancelling electronics switched on. The only reason I did not give these five stars is because they don't block out all noise, however, nothing will block out all noise unless you buy a pillow and gaffer tape it round your head!! I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 20 Feb 2013
Bought as a gift for our son who after trying them out on a flight assures us that they do actually work!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 10 May 2013
I bought these as I was about to make an economy flight and my Bose headphones would be too big to take. I wasn't expecting the same standard from an in ear set as the Bose, but on using them the noise cancelling was virtually nil. They seem quite pointless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noise Cancellation OKAY, build quality: POOR, 18 Feb 2013
P. Sieroslawski "platolmao" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The noise cancellation is good but the build quality is awful. For the price they are they aren't made to last. Straight out of the box they are already damaged by the way they are wrapped around the cardboard. The cable is bent and the cable coating is already cracking in places. They are being returned straight away.