5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Oct 2012
The last time I saw Declan Sinnott in concert was April 4, 2012, at the Royal Festival Hall, London. As ever, Dec provided wonderful support for Christy Moore, never missing a cue or playing a bum note in a two hour performance that adhered to a setlist that Christy made up as he went along. At the end of the concert, as he always does, Dec stepped to one side and allowed Christy to take the plaudits.

'I'm not having that,' said the wife, and she marched off down the aisle towards the stage armed only with a pen and the concert tickets, and offered them up to Dec. Of course, he signed the tickets, and 'The Boss' appeared to be having a chat with him. When she got back I asked her what they had talked about. 'Oh, this and that. Do you know what? He's a really nice guy.'

And that's the point. Dec has played on, and produced countless records for other musicians - he's supported Christy Moore for more than ten years - but he has never sought the limelight for himself. Well, with the release of his very first solo album 'I love the Noise it Makes', (a quote attributed to John Lennon, apparently) that has changed.

Dec produced this album and wrote, or co-wrote, all the songs on it and I really don't know how to categorise it. It's not Irish, it's not folk, and it's not country. I think there's a slight nod towards Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker and maybe even Eric Clapton, and that's never a bad thing. Whatever the influence, it is the best selection of songs I've heard for a long time, all played and sung in Dec's own inimitable style. I've listened to it several times now and there isn't a single track that I don't like.

Some of the songs on this album made me smile, a couple of them had such poignant lyrics they took me to another place, and one actually reduced me to tears. At that last concert at the Festival Hall, Dec, as he always does, performed one solo song. It was called 'Sun Shine In' and his rendition entranced the whole room - it was a masterful performance. I then spent the next few weeks searching the internet trying to find that particular song, without success.

'Sun Shine In' just happens to be the first track on this album - and it was worth the wait.

If you like laid-back, intelligent music, listen to these twelve songs from a master craftsman. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars At long last!, 4 Mar 2013
Trevor Magee (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
Amazingly this is Declan Sinnots first solo recording despite the many years he has been in the music industry, the quality of the songwriting, the guitar playing, the arrangements, the harmonies & the over all production are just superb & this album has been on constantly in my car since I bought it

5.0 out of 5 stars declan sinnott, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
music is very good,his guitar playing is fab,his songs make you want to sing them, good tunes,music for the mature taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars debut solo album, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
A long awaited debut from Declan demonstrating his amazing abilities as a vocalist, song writer and musician. I love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Declan Sinnott - a true musician, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
Lovely, as promised by the solo Declan performed at Christy Moore's concert in Glasgow......more soon, please, Declan?! I recommend this CD

4.0 out of 5 stars gentle songs..a real treat, 14 Dec 2012
E. walsh - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
I had only heard of Declan Sinnott through his work with other acts. Decided to give this a try and was pleasantly surprised. Songs to make you think and sometimes to make you smile...some almost sound like lullabies...really enjoyed it and it will be played a lot by me in the coming years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Declan Sinnott, 20 April 2014
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
Well produced and arranged set of is own songs. Refreshing change after all his work accompanying others. Pleasant listening and good musicanship.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft listening, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
Not noisy, but very Fenderish (!), sliding through good music.Easy listening, really. Nice tunes, good lyrics, a laid-back voice, not piercing but winning.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the noise it makes!, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: I Love The Noise It Makes (Audio CD)
Easy listening relaxing music and vocals. Don't leave it so long to release another cd I'm sure you have lots of your own material

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 July 2014
Great album

I Love The Noise It Makes
I Love The Noise It Makes by Declan Sinnott (Audio CD - 2012)