on 5 June 2013
Even though I read some negative reviews about this product, regarding its authenticity, I took a chance, and everything was fine for a month until I had to enter the product code, which didn't work, and I received a warning from Microsoft stating that my copy wasn't genuine etc.

Mild panic ensued for a while, until I decided to use the option of the telephone activation service, which I'm delighted to say, went through without a hitch, and proved my copy of windows to be genuine. I would like to add that I received it in the form of a Dell backup DVD.

In a nutshell, I am very pleased with my cheap, genuine copy of windows 7, although maybe the seller could have done a bit more to allay customer fears.

So for this reason, I am going to rate my overall purchase experience as 4 star.
on 25 June 2013
To anyone doubting the authenticity of this, it is 100% legit and supported by Microsoft. It is basically the OS CD with a licence only meant to be installed on refurbished PCs made available to resellers in that line of business. I'm well pleased with my purchase and saved me loads of dosh from paying the full whack for a new licence.
on 28 April 2014
with the demise of XP, and having tweaked the set-up of the PC refurbished software (of which I had not heard before) turned out to be just the ticket. Economical and a very straightforward installation once I had sussed out what were zeroes and what letter Os in the disc id.

Nice people to deal with- prompt and helpful.
on 19 October 2012
Buying a Microsoft operating license can be something of a minefield as I've found to my cost in the past. No such problems with this company though. All my questions were answered promptly and reassurance was given (the usual - will I get a disk?, will it expire? etc.). The package arrived in under a week (from Germany) and I had no problems installing or activating. I also managed to save myself 40% on the best price for Win7 Premium given by my PC builder so win win!
on 19 June 2013
I thought that this product had a years licence attached to it. However after just eight weeks that annoying WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE began to show up. So today I reloaded it and type inthe product key and after 2 hours later it tells me that the register code is not accepted and so I am back to square one. I advise people to buy from windows direct as I feel cheated and shall not buy these type of products again. I think that Amazon needs to pay attention to these type of scam products that have a deliberately built in short life yet are advertised as a years licence.
on 10 December 2012
But when updates came though it continuously caused my PC to crash, and now it re-boots goes to a blank screen, saying in the bottom right hand corner, this is not a genuine windows 7, Think twice why its so cheap
77 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 September 2013
Okay, I waited too long to install it on my pc (I was already passed the return period, that was expired), but then when I installed it I found they send me the 32 bits version and not the 64 bits version. On the outside of the box it is not clear if it is 32 or 64 bits version so I only knew it after installation. I am very disapointed that, although the return period was expired, they were not willing to replace it for a 64 bit version!
on 25 September 2013
No problems what so ever. Its the real deal, GENUIN! I had a bad feeling about ordering this but it turned out great in the end, easy to install. It took no time at all.
on 2 September 2015
I promptly received this cd and it initially installed as you would expect however when it come to authenticating the product cd key with Microsoft it would not activate saying that this product key was blocked! I then tried microsofts telephone activation service to find out that this key provided was not authentic
review image
on 14 March 2014
I was pleased to receive this item promptly as I had been told that windows xp was about to expire for updates etc .I had to get a friend to install it for me and was very pleased when it said it was a genuine copy and is now working well thanks.