4.0 out of 5 stars It Works
I was not sure this would upgrade my win xp to win 7 but it has worked a treat and now I'm up and running with win 7 on the old girl very pleased with the goods well packaged and had the product key to stick onto the case as well.
Published 17 months ago by Peter Simmons

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Bad Experience
Had cd promptly, inputted product key and installed and running fine, loaded all my applications and all well .Loaded Windows updates then got microsoft screen message that product key not accepted. Re inputted several times in case Id misspelt
Published 9 months ago by brian glover

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium inkl SP1 32 Bit UK - Refurbished Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User - Win7 home Premium 32 Bit [DVD-ROM] Windows 7 (DVD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars License OK, 26 Dec 2013
I received DVD, the license was attached to the invoice, installed Windows 7 and the Microsoft says the license is OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple upgrade from XP, excellent value., 11 Jan 2014
Willy Eckerslike (France) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
All good things must come to an end and the imminent demise in April of the excellent XP required some urgent action. Windows 7 is by far the most stable version of Windows out there so either a new machine or an upgrade was in order. I had two machines to upgrade (an ancient IBM T40 Thinkpad laptop running up-to-date XP SP3 and an old-ish Acer M3100 desktop running non-updated raw XP SP2) so I ordered two copies.

The genuine Microsoft disks arrived in a flat cardboard package in simple soft paper sleeves with labels carrying the product keys stapled to the invoice.

The laptop upgrade itself was simplicity itself once I'd installed more memory and made sure that I had all of the installation disks and downloads for installed software & checked compatibility of hardware and software using the Microsoft compatibility checker suggested by their upgrade instructions (unfortunately Amazon won't let me include the URL but just search for "XP to Windows 7 upgrade"). I did all backups manually rather than using M/soft's copy utility because I'm just like that.

The Windows 7 installation found/contained adequate drivers for the hardware except for my venerable PCMCIA wireless adapter but I had an old USB equivalent hanging about & that works fine. Following the installation the machine spent ages downloading and installing all of the automatic software updates proving that it was a genuine, non-dodgy Microsoft Windows 7 version. It also quite happily found my network shared folders on the XP and Vista machines.

If you have any software that the compatibility checker says won't work then I'd test it anyway; for example, Microsoft Money 97 works perfectly well and is far better than the compatible 2005 version.

I haven't done the more complicated desktop upgrade yet and will update this review when I have but as I've already tested & documented the installation process of the more complicated software (in particular my web development software and Apache / MySql testbench) on a clean Vista installation on a spare machine I'm not expecting any difficulties.

All-in-all, very good value for money and a very simple upgrade path. Why pay more for the same thing in a fancy box?

UPDATE Aug. 2014: Thanks to the shocking weather here in Central France, I have finally bitten the bullet and done the desktop upgrade. With a day spent documenting stuff and backing everything up, the Windows 7 install was problem free. I let it do a pile of Windows Updates and then started loading software back on & setting everything up. That evening it had another pile of updates to do so I left it to it overnight. It was still doing the same update (KB2799926) the following morning and stopping the installation did nothing for three hours. I shut down the computer whereupon it installed a heap of updates. I downloaded and ran Microsoft.Fixit.wu.run from the MS site and after much waiting that reported no errors so I then ran the MS Windows System Update Preparedness Tool (hotfix for Windows KB947821) which, again after much waiting, reported no problems. I then gingerly let Windows Update install the remaining updates. This proceeded without problems (although many intervening reboots) and I have also installed the non-urgent updates also without problem. All seems fine now and I'm busily re-installing software. Apart from the minor hitch (which may even have been something to do with the previous raw XP SP2 on the machine), the upgrade has gone incredibly well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Bad Experience, 23 Mar 2014
same result . Got 26 days now to insert genuine product key otherwise Microsoft say no windows updates, intermittent black screen warnings and daily nag notices . Effectively making my pc unusable. Have sent complaint/claim to seller via Amazon .

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade from Vista, 1 Jan 2014
The supplied disk worked perfectly first time and there were no problems at all in completing this upgrade. I would reecommend this seller.

2.0 out of 5 stars No product code, 6 July 2013
Amazon Customer "lofty" (Glasgow United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It's difficult to get hold of Windows 7 now, we wanted to upgrade from XP, but our computer is too old to run Windows 8, and Microsoft have withdrawn 7 from sale, so I was delighted to find this.
The disc came with no product code included, I notice that someone else has had this problem. I corresponded direct with the seller, possibly a mistake. It took several attempts to convince them that it was missing. Finally they said that they would forward one in a "few days", a month later I am still waiting with an incomplete installation, very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Installation problem resolved, 6 Mar 2014
Installed on old Dimensions 5150 on second hard drive no problems except the validation failed. Realised that keyboard settings were wrong(English American) changing this to English United kingdom resolved problem. early days but so far product is fine with easy boot to either 7 or XP.

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 working great on my pc so far, 1 Mar 2014
So far so good. The package came in good time - about four days after ordering. I was using windows 7 to replace windows vista on my laptop. I backed up all my files and important documents before inputting the software. I realised you don't necessarily have to do this as the windows 7 software copies and stores all of your files and then reloads them once the upgrade is complete. The only minor downside is that the upgrade takes around four hours to complete but apart from that my computer is working great so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Update a Dell XPS M1710, 24 Dec 2013
I wasn't sure about this. Worries about security and MS updates for XP meant I ought to upgrade at last. Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor suggested 2 driver updates but the Dell site had not checked this 8 year old machine for compatibility and recommended I consider buying a new computer. Understandable really.
Disc arrived in a few days and worked a treat, eventually. Advisor suggested install whilst running XP but I couldn't do a custom install nor an upgrade (no idea why) so booted from the disc. No problems and Windows Easy Transfer did the business too.
Highly recommended and a very cheap new computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Genuine, 21 Feb 2014
This Item is a totally genuine version Windows 7 with product key.
2 points here:
1. Make sure that you copy the product key correctly.
Some letters look like figures, which is down to the small thick black print.
2. Yon can only use this disc on 2 machines any more and you will have to purchase another copy of Windows.
But for upgrading an existing version of windows it is perfect quick and easy even for a novice.