on 6 July 2013
Good protector bought this as a cheap replacement for my original iphone protector which was terrible.Good value for your money.
on 4 October 2012
This is probably the best value protective shell/cover for a smartphone I've ever seen or used and probably one of the best ones, period. No, it won't protect your iPhone 5 from serious fall damage, but it will protect it from small bumps and scratches, it looks great, is a tight fit and it feels VERY good in your hand - the back surface is extremely smooth. Oh and it's so cheap, the price is a joke for what you get.
on 18 October 2012
After buying a bumper type case so I could still see the back of the phone I decided to get this one as some how something got under it and put a dig on the side (4 days old), these phones are just SO fragile!!!

After reading the great reviews for this case I decided to buy it and I am so glad I did. For £4.99 its amazing quality and fits the iPhone 5 like a glove. It's just tight enough without being too tight like a cheap chrstal case I also bought. It feels so good in your hand and makes it much easier to use. Although I don't think it will give the drop protection of the bumper it does have most parts covered and goes around the corners enough to protect them from little bumps and knocks.

It also has a small lip on top so if you do put the phone face down the screen is protected.

Buy it, you wont be disappointed!
on 25 November 2012
5 stars all the way. This phone cover is great value for the price paid. Feels good to the touch, protects the phone and looks great. What more can you ask for. I would definitely recommend this cover to anyone who has bought the iPhone 5. A good product all round. Thank You.
on 13 October 2012
Quite cheap and nice cover. Reasonable quality and does what is should do.I am very pleased with it. Bought this product for a temporary use until better ones come available on the market but pleased with quality so might stick to it.
on 19 May 2016
When I first received it, I thought it was really nice, had a great touch, the back is super smooth and feels nice in your hand. But within 2-3 days the little piece of plastic that safeguards the volume area was broken. I know the product is cheap but I don't expect this to last very long, so it may be worthwhile buying one that's a little more expensive and less likely to break in under a week. I don't feel cheated because it was cheap but it's still quite disappointing. Shouldn't have to expect to pay £10+ for an iPhone cover that will last longer than a week. All in all, I'd go someplace else.
on 10 April 2014
This product came quickly, a day before the estimated delivery. I have to say, I was quite looking forward to getting it, since it ticked all the boxes of an iPhone case I wanted, and was a good price.

I cannot understand how some reviewers rate it so highly. Maybe there is a difference in build quality if you have a different colour. I purchased the grey model for iPhone 5S, now call me petty, but when I received the parcel it said for iPhone 5, I know there's no real difference in dimensions, but it's just little mistakes like that which shows how slapdash the company are.

I then took the case out of the package and first impressions were quite good. It has a textured inside to ensure a snug fit. When I eventually got it onto my 5S, the corners sort of flay out. Now I'm not saying this is because the case is too small, I think it's just the design and it goes against the usual convention of cases. However, potential buyers cannot see this because the company have only produced product images of the back of the case. When the iPhone is in it, it looks quite good, it isn't a complete wrap, so you can still see some of the metal rim poking through, but that looks quite good however.

Finally, the rubberised texture isn't five star, but it will do. It just really feels like smooth, matte plastic, instead of a really grippy rubberised surface. All in all, the case is ok, it just has a few surprises. Hopefully it won't break too soon...
on 18 October 2012
A bargain for only £4.99. It's not the most rugged of cases, if your iPhone 5 were to suffer a serious drop e.g. from a large height it's probably not going to protect it all that well. If you're accident prone I'd recommend something larger and more rugged. However if, like me, you simply want a case that offers a basic level of protection against scratches e.t.c and doesn't turn your phone into a brick, then I'd highly recommend this case. It's thin yet sturdy, and barely adds to the size of your phone, but it will probably still provide your phone with some protection if you drop it out of your hand whilst stood up or sat down.

I was initially going to buy a case from CaseMate as I've used their products before on my old iPhone 4, but was dismayed when I discovered that they wanted £20 for an iPhone 5 equivalent of my old case (AND it won't be available until November). I decided instead to take a chance on this one and I'm really glad I did, it's just as good quality as it's CaseMate equivalents for a fraction of the price, don't waste your money on a more expensive brand like I did previously.
on 8 October 2012
Brilliant- highly recommended. feels sleek and fits like a glove. Not too cumbersome either. Great value for money. Protect your beloved iphone5 with this beauty!
on 16 November 2012
I bought this varitation after recently buying the advertised '"rubberised" transparent black' version from Terrapin which was in fact a polycarbonate plastic case. Comparing the two, this case sits about 1mm above the screen surface which would give the phone some protection if put face down on a flat surface. With the polycarbonate case, the screen sits proud of the case.
The case corners don't follow exactly the corners of the phone which may collect pocket dirt, but it does fit well with no movement.
It also offers a lot more edge protection than the poly case as it curls up on the sides, but not too much to able to lift the edge of a screen protector. However, with both case types, the top and bottom face edges are still exposed.
Removal of the rubberised case doesn't feel that the whole thing would snap into pieces. The top left-hand corner on the poly case is particulary vunerable as it doesn't completely surround the volume buttons; the rubber case does, giving it a bit more strength.
Choose the rubberised version (not rubber), you get a better protected iPhone but you do hide the cool slate colour.
Choose the polycarbonate version, you'll end up with swirl marks on the glossy case after just a couple of weeks, but you will hardly notice it there.
In both cases, you have no shock and very little bump protection. What you do have are cases that looks good, and offer some scratch protection when combined with a good screen protector, and they are cheapish enough to buy another. My prefence is the rubberised solid black version.