Colour Name: Clear|Change

on 22 September 2012
I had a few doubts when I ordered this just after managing my preorder of iphone 5 in time for delivery on the opening day.This was one of the only couple of brands offering a protector for iPhone 5. The rest big names did not even have one in store.
Delighted when it reached just the next day after iPhone release!
If fitted perfectly without a single air bubble. I have used other bigger brands and this one does not appear to be inferior.
Excellent for £2.99 but I just noticed today that there is a delivery charge now ,it was free when I had placed the order!
It is still worth its price and so I give five stars.
on 23 September 2012
Ordered this product as I wanted to protect my iphone as soon as I got it. Quick delivery, only took 2 days. Some minor manufacturing defects in one of the screen protectors but the rest are perfect and perfect fit for the iPhone 5 aswell.
on 4 October 2012
If you're looking for an ultra durable protector for your iPhone 5 that'll keep your screen looking nice and shiny, look elsewhere. If, on the other hand, you want a cheap, but effective protector, that'll eventually require replacing, this will do the job.

This is actually my second screen protector - I got one with a case that I bought, but owing to how terrible I am at getting these things on without bubbles underneath, I bought some spares!

In comparison to the other protector, these feel flimsier, and not as high quality, but there are 6 of them, so for the price, I'm not too fussed. I was able to get these on first time, and with no dust or bubbles underneath, which is practically unheard of with me. Unfortunately, the low quality of them means that fingerprints and smudges show up on them much more apparently than the other protector, and the smallest of scratches look like dents. I suspect a few more weeks of normal wear and tear will result in me having to replace the protector with one of the five remaining ones in the pack. However, so long as its only the screen protector that I'm messing up, and not the screen itself, then it is doing its job!
on 3 October 2012
After mixed experiences with screen protectors for my iPhone 4, I've got to say that these are probably the best I've used. After using cheapish ones that were riddled with bubbles, then spending quite a bit of money on Zagg protectors that were messy and fiddly to apply, this was dead easy to fit, no bubbles.

Very, very impressed so far, will have to see what how long they last (been on for less than a week). Getting 6 of these for less than £5 delivered strikes me as very good value for money. I wonder why I bought 3 Zagg covers for my last iPhone...
on 8 March 2013
Having had iphones from the 3, to the 3gs, 4, 4s and now the 5, i have tried a lot of protectors out there and in all honesty i reckon these were some of the best to apply, i didnt have to mess about getting the bubbles out after i applied it, but as a tip i have put some instructions for it below which is step by step how i did it, but only took 2 minutes to complete:

1. Make sure there is no dust at all on the screen using the cleaning cloth.

2. Remove the Back cover of the protector to a quarter way down and line up at top, to the camera and the earpiece.

3. Using a credit card get rid of the air bubbles and hold it firmly but gently just above where the back is folded down to, this ensures the top bit stays stuck.

4. Whilst still holding as above, remove almost all of the backing plastic carefully, whilst moving slowly down with your card to get the bubbles out.

5. If any bubbles still showing go over with the card and squeeze them out the side of the protector.

6. Finally remove the whole backing and go over with front cover still in place (stops scratching of protector) to get rid of any remaining bubbles.

7. Remove front cover with care so it doesnt lift up the applied protector and rub any minor bubbles out with the cloth

This should see you right i hope.
on 24 September 2012
Pros:
Cheap
Quick delivery (sent 1st class royal mail for standard delivery)

Cons:
At first I thought the shape cut out for the ear piece was the wrong shape until another user corrected/seller corrected me. It looks quite wide on the black iPhone but its cut that way so it doesn't cover the proximity sensor. Not sure if it's necessary
review image
on 24 March 2013
I have previously used TekNet protectors on my iPod touch and mine and my husband's previous iPhones and been very pleased with them, unfortunately I couldn't find them for this version of the iPhone, so I went with one that had good reviews. It went on easily - I put it on the iPhone straight out of the box, so no time to collect dust and grime. I did manage to get it on the first go with just one speck of dust causing a bubble at the edge. I'm living with it, but my OCD is desperate to take it off and start again LOL.

I am VERY VERY picky about no bubbles and no fingerprints etc... As far as bubbles go I managed to get them all out. But as far as fingerprints and smudges, there seemed to be a bit of a 'film' on the protector where the smudges from swiping made almost colourful oil-like marks on it - reflecting a bit too much, and cleaning the screen seemed to smear rather than remove. I had considered trying a different brand, but have given it a week. The 'colourful' streaks seem to be less, so perhaps it was caused by residue from the original protective layer that's removed after application. I'm still finding it smudges a bit more than my previous ones (which have been on since purchased 2-3 years).

I suspect it's just me being picky. They were easy to use, the card in the package was more plasticy than others which have been cardobard, and so I actually used it to apply the protector. Usually I use a credit card as I find the cardboard applicators don't have the strength to wipe out all the bubbles properly.

So overall it's a good protector, does what it's supposed to, one of the easier versions I've applied (or maybe it's because I recently applied one to a replacement iPod so had the tecnique down).

Definitely value for money.
on 5 February 2016
I have given this a 5 as they are very good and offer great value for money.

The packaging is very neat and they look professional, a lot better then the cheap ones out there. I have used this brand before and they are very good value for money. First bought this brand many years ago, when they were on offer at £1.50 for a pack of 6.

These were very good screen protectors. I've used them for many years on all my iPhones and Sony Xperia in the past. They offer very good value for money as you get 6 protectors per pack, which means you can keep fitting a new one every time one gets too scratched. that's the only downside to these I can find, they get scratched pretty easily, but as you get 6 in a pack they can be easily replaced.

The Screen protectors themselves are fantastic, they fit the screen very well, and the cuttings are spot on.

Actually putting the screen protector is really easy, 3 simple steps, clean your screen with the cloth provided (to remove dirt from the screen), then peel off the first layer labelled 1, line it up on one end of the phone and then slowly bring it down towards the other end. Once your happy with it, start to remove the air bubbles if any with the supplied card and then peel off the top layer.

For the price these Terrapins screen protectors are probably the best screen protectors out there, well from all the ones I have tested anyway.
on 8 December 2012
For me, this is a must-have for those like me, who like to protect their devices from the daily use and its consequences.

To put it on, you gotta do it with your hands washed, no dust around you and, if possible, with no sleeves on your shirt, 'cos when you peel the first part of the protector, it tends to create an electrostaic current that attracts dust or any small particle, that get stuck to the protector creating "not very awesome" spots or bubbles on your screen.

The size is quite appropiate, maybe one or two milimeters smaller on each size, but perfect as it's very difficult to get it to the edge all over your iphone.

Another point to consider is that after a few months, it gets visibly scratched, and after a few hours of use, you can see the "oil" from your fingers all over the screen, and have to clean it quite often. But these are minor issues if we pay attention to the price of this pack.

I have screen protectors from this same brand for my iPad, and I notice that in these ones, the oil on the screen is more visible, or at least creates a more visual effect, maybe due to the retina display, that makes a little bit more annoying when looking at white colors on the screen. Maybe nothing to annoying, but you can see it. Just a question of paying attention to clean it...
on 23 April 2013
I had bought a screen protector previously and it cost me £10. It lasted only a few weeks before it peeled off. This product is so much better at a fraction of the price, and there are 6 in the pack! The screen protector was easy to apply and bubbles were not a problem. It has been on my phone now for 3 months and there is no sign of it peeling off prematurely. I think this is an excellent product at a remarkable price. Unreserved recommendation