5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent script, perfect performances, forget any negative reviews
This is the first time I have ever rushed to put a review on Amazon, simply because I wanted to counter some of the many negative reviews about this film.
I purchased this movie because it was cheap but had actors I admire in it - assuming rather cynically that it would be OK but nothing more.
Wrong!!!
Firstly, this is the most intelligent script I've...
Published 3 months ago by Ianesco

3.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud comedy??? Not for me
I'm early 50s, appreciate the story the film was telling but I didn't really think it was a comedy. There were some moments that were worthy of a chuckle but not as the trailers say 'laugh out loud'. I like Meryl Streep but not this film - I thought she was much better and funnier in 'It's Complicated' - now that really was 'laugh out loud' Does anyone want to buy a...
Published 17 months ago by H. Taylor

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enjoyable film, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
Like both actors, good storyline enjoyable. Like both actors, good storyline enjoyable. Nice to see the US office star in a little more engaging film.

5.0 out of 5 stars present for my daughter, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
bought this for my daughter as she had seen the trailer for it and as she likes meryl streep i thought i would treat her

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 6 Jun 2014
J. Wooller (Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
Watchable. A bit twee and predictable for me. I'm a Meryl fan, she rarely disappoints but this just left me unmoved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommy Lee Jones is so good, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
- and so funny. Film is worth it for him alone. And of course it is a joy to see Meryl Streep - she just makes me smile in this! Look out for the marriage counsellor, and the dynamics between the characters, it will warm your heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
We thoroughly enjoyed this movie, it had everything, and typically Meryl Streep is superb in it - a great movie...

5.0 out of 5 stars Film review, 17 May 2014
H. Aitchison "Rosco" (Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
Quick response from seller. Ordered on Monday arrived on Friday the very day I wanted to watch it!! New condition and good value for the money in spite of paying postage. A film worth watching, funny in places but also true to life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Very disappointed with this film. I was surprised as I like and have always highly rated Meryl Streep. As hard as she did act it was a no goer. Terrible script. You could not class it as a comedy or anything else. Tommy Lee Jones is a very good actor but the two just didn't work there was no chemistry they didn't look like a married couple. My husband watched it with me but had enough after half an hour then left the room I watched it to the end hoping it would improve! Stay away from this film!

4.0 out of 5 stars unexpected, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
was recommended this as a 30th wedding anniversary present and it was v funny but interesting too. v well acted and enjoyable film which made me laugh so all good

5.0 out of 5 stars Golf widows, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
Any golf widows out there this is so funny to sit and watch with the hubby! He might get the message!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film., 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] (DVD)
Highly recommended for those who love a good romance with lots of heartwarming moments. The story stays with you for some time afterwards, which proves its a good story, and has quality actors and actresses to give it added clout. Well-worth purchasing for my collection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Hope Springs (2012) [DVD]
Hope Springs (2012) [DVD] by David Frankel (DVD - 2013)
3.75