5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners!
Excellent value for money. I'm new to macs so I was looking for something (not too techy) to teach me about my new macbook. This book is excellent and the kindle version meant I received it immediately.
All the examples in the book were clear and easy to follow and it only took me a few hours to work through the entire text, testing my skills at each stage.
I...
Published 17 months ago by Lois

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but pretty basic
This is clear and easy to read and for the kindle price is not bad but even though I am a relatively new Mac user I still found it pretty basic. I had already come across the majority of the facilities which are covered just by looking around on my Mac.

I was also a bit irritated that it said that iCloud was a free service without mentioning that it is only...
Published 17 months ago by Katherine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners!, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Simple Guide to the Mac - OS X Mountain Lion Edition (Kindle Edition)
I highly recommend it to anyone moving from a PC to a Mac and hope the author will do a follow on book with more advance techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction, 24 Dec 2012
As a newbie to the Mac, it is just what I needed. I recommend this book wholeheartedly for beginners wanting a quick start for Mac OS

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 21 Jun 2013
The instructions with the mac are not that clear. This book is.everything is explained in easy to understand language . Read it with your MacBook open and you will discover things that would take ages to stumble on. Great value too

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful., 14 May 2013
Shopper Bob (East Grinstead, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I decided on purchasing this inexpensive Guide as I was upgrading to a Mac from PC. There are just so many differences in the way two systems approach various tasks. It was quite daunting for me, a 67 year old "gadget man".This has proved to be an invaluable aid when a "brick wall" was looming.I know that I did revert to the Net for guidance on one or two complex tasks, but a Book allows notes and prompts to be written in its front cover. I'm so glad I did decide on this Guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 12 Aug 2012
I found this publication was very informative and it helped me very much as Im not too well up on technology. Thank you Sam.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy reading, 10 Nov 2013
straight to the point and very useful. had basic staff to get started. Will probably need something if you want to know more. This is a good starter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 24 Mar 2013
Mr. D. Morrison (Peterhead, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Very informative, lovely relaxed writing style which is written in an easily understood and interesting manner.

I started reading this before my new 27" imac arrived and it made setting it ip a complete dawdle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy., 11 Feb 2013
Nice basic guide was just what I needed. This will sit next to my Imac on the ipad when it arrives in 2 days! :D Many thanks for this great little book! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple guide to the mac, 27 Nov 2013
A big help with switching from pc to Mac . Simple and concise would recomend to anyone making the switch.

4.0 out of 5 stars That Mac Book, 28 April 2013
Always looking for written help because for some reason Apple do not provide operating manuals and think we are all connected to the WWW.
Not so halfway up this Welsh Mountain