1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars initial impressions, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Bodymax CF376R Half Cage with Lat Attachment (Misc.)
Received my half cage last night and on first impressions I'm very pleased with it. Took about 1.5 hours to build the cage itself and another 1.5 for the lat attachment using a socket wrench and ring spanner. Can be mostly done as a one man job although I would suggest a hand when attachment the top cross member.

For pull ups and hanging leg raises it feels quite sturdy with little shake or movement. The dips are ok although it does shake a bit although this can be controlled to some extent by altering your form. I'm about 80kg and had 10kg on a belt. I guess the shake is due to the frame having 2 less cross members than a full cage would have.

Benching was good, no problems at all and I assume it'll be ok for squats, seated shoulder press, etc.

I was impressed with the pulley. I tried it with 60 kg (30 a side) and it seemed to take it no problem. The test will be loading it further for seated rows but I think it should take what I'll be using (probably about 80 to 90kg total).

I'm delighted with it. You've got to expect it's not going to be up to gym standard but for home use at that price it's ideal. I went for the half cage as it was going in a small room and reckoned it's less imposing than the full cage. I've dropped it a star due to the shake on the dips. The main thing is it still feels safe and no concerns that it would collapse or fall over.

Bodymax CF376R Half Cage with Lat Attachment