5.0 out of 5 stars Can't find any faults.
I always wait a month or two before reviewing electrical products, mainly to make sure I don't feel foolish writing a glowing review only to find the product failed or broke within a week or two.

We've had this printer for two months now, and its absolutely excellent.
Published on 15 Mar. 2013 by Philip J. Noonan

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless
Hopeless. Keeps freezing, leaves documents half printed, has to be unplugged and switched back on to print.Manufacturer unhelpful. I'll buy a Canon next time.
Published 18 months ago by A. R. Metchem

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't find any faults., 15 Mar. 2013
Philip J. Noonan (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Epson Expression Home XP-305 Wi-Fi Small-In-One with LCD screen Printer (Accessory)

We've had this printer for two months now, and its absolutely excellent.
The setup on your PC or iPad/tablet using the wifi system is so intuitive it takes virtually all responsibility away from the user. As long as you've installed the software and know your network password then that's basically it!
For those using an iPad , like I do, you will need to get an App called "epson print" ... It's free and self installing, and once I'd installed it, I picked a random photo and hit the "print" button.
Voila! That was it... It just... Printed it!
Very simple.
However, there is one thing I must point out regarding printing via an iPad.
You cannot adjust any of the settings on the printer from the iPad, so, prints tend to come out darker, so you may have to use a photo editing program to raise the brightness and contrast of your images you intend to print.
This has something to do with the "gamma settings" on the iPad being set at 2.2, when ideally they should be set in the printer driver at 1.8
This is NOT. The fault of the printer!
And it's ONLY a fault with the iPad because Apple don't allow users access to any of the key software settings on their devices.
The printer works seamlessly, and the software supplied, when installed on a PC, allow you to see how much ink is in each cartridge.
I used genuine Epson cartridges, and then a set of cheap generic inks that cost a fraction of the price.
The genuine Epson cartridges are still one of the cheapest on the market if you want perfection, but the cheap and cheerful generic cartridges provide perfectly adequate prints too.

So, all in all, any faults with your prints on this machine are almost certainly down to your other kit, or, you've not tweaked your software to suit your paper and ink.... The actual printer is, for me, faultless.... And at this price, with a set of inks, free delivery, and a wifi setup... Couldn't ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miniature Marvel!, 13 Oct. 2012
Printers have certainly come a long way and it would be hard to find more features or better performance at the price. The XP 305 is very compact for an all-in-one machine. Set up is easy - press a single button and the printer readily connects to an existing wireless network. Users of iPads, iPhones and iPods will appreciate the built-in Airprint and iCloud capability which means that photos and documents can be printed from virtually anywhere. Print quality is excellent and consistent and print speed is very good. The Epson is well designed and the high gloss black finish is stylish. The plastic is a little flimsy in parts, but overall, the build quality is pretty good. Also, the 305 uses four separate ink cartridges, which are quite expensive when bought together, although cheaper in the long run as colours only need to be replaced individually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer, 2 Mar. 2013
This is a great value printer and being wireless is a superb bonus. The quality of the printing is also very good for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 24 Nov. 2012
I read the reviews about this printer (some good some bad) before I bought it and although I have only had it for a short time my score is 10/10. Easy to set up, the inks that came with it were not skimped on (printed lots and still going, including photo's), WiFi easy to set up, looks good, small foot print and receives multi WiFi from all over including garage and garden. The print quality and speed are great too, not professional but good, better than most in fact. I have used Hp, Brother and Canon in the past, but I always come back to Epson. I need a good printer for my work and personal use and this one has hit the mark what with good to great print quality, scanning and copying and cheap print cartridge replacement, it has my vote. As soon as I can get it to work with my Kindle Fire I will be ecstatic, but that is just a minor niggle, this printer has my vote for an all round great family/small business printer.

Ian

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Nov. 2012
The Epson XP-305 replaced a Kodak printer which was horrible and fortunately went wrong within the guarantee. The Epson XP-305 is well made and compact. It prints quickly on demand, is quiet in operation and produces good quality prints including photos. It is a pleasure to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson XP-305, 4 Feb. 2013
Excellent product I have had an Epson printer before very easy to use and reliable, I would definatelly recommend them

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson again, 15 Oct. 2012
Having had Epson printers for years and wanting to upgrade to wireless, I chose this one. Very happy with it. Easy to set up from CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement printer., 17 Feb. 2013
I decided to buy this model after my six year old Epson printer started acting up. I've not needed to do more than print other than a batch of greetings cards as yet, so have not fully tested all the options or got properly used to the machine. But I'm more than happy with it so far. I chose Epson again as I like the fact that the ink cartridges are individual and you only replace the one that's run out, unlike other makes I checked out. I particularly like the little digital screen on the front of the machine which gives you step by step instructions for each action. I would have given it five stars had the written instructions been a little less confusing to a mere amateur such as myself. Also one of the reviews I read stated that the ink cartridges that came with her machine had hardly any ink in them, which was a little worrying given the cost of them to replace, however even after printing around twenty greetings cards mine still seem ok, so it would seem that particular purchaser was unlucky.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 2 Oct. 2013
A. R. Metchem - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars consider the after costs when buying an Epson, 4 Nov. 2012
Kenkonti "Little-bit-of-bread-and-no-cheese" (Chelmsford, England.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
One thing often overlooked when buying a printer is the cost of keeping the thing going once purchased. Research is done, reviews are read, and naturally the focus is on the quality of print, functions, reliability, etc. Often questions like "how long will my ink last and how much will it cost to replace it ?" are forgotten. In my opinion this is a big mistake as the actual cost of buying the printer turns out to be minimal compared to the amount that you will spend over the years on ink replacement. The manufacturers know that once you have their printer they have effectively 'got you', basically they can charge astronomical amounts for replacing ink because you have no choice but to buy it. That is why companies (like Epson) make there printers very sensitive to other makes of ink, they know that ink can be produced at a fraction of the cost but want to ensure that you have to buy from them. I can't speak for other makes of printers but this has certainly been the case with my Epson printer and I would never buy anything from Epson again. The ink cartridges only last a short time and to replace are very expensive, even on Amazon. A couple of other negative practices are firstly; a lot of their printers will not work if just one of their cartridges runs out. So for example if your 'Cyan' runs out it may not matter too much as you only want to print in black & white. Unfortunately the printer won't let you just use the black ink until you have replaced the other colour. Secondly, and in my opinion the most scandalous; with some Epson printers it will (as it states) come with ink. What you don't realise however is that the ink cartridges are specially made and only contain a tiny amount of ink just to get you started. So you are almost immediately digging your hands in your pockets and giving them more money. This kind of sums up where Epson are in relation to their customers, although I suspect other manufacturers are working along the same lines. And there is no law against them doing this, or no regulations for them to state ink cartridge costs or how long they last. My advice would be as follows; avoid buying an Epson, include the aforementioned aspects when doing your buying a printer research and finally, printer owners should use 'word of mouth' to bring into the open the hidden costs of running their printers be it positive or negative. Only that way, when reputations are being affected, will the companies stop using their customers as 'Cash Cows'.