5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it
A very good and exciting movie, although I am a 74 year pensioner, I still enjoy watching new and modern DVDs.
L.F.Ellis
Published 10 months ago by Leonard Franklin Ellis

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing follow up from the first installment
I'm normally not one for film reviews as they can be so personal but on this occasion I thought I'd change that. I was somewhat looking forward to watch this having watched the first instalment recently on terrestrial TV. I felt it lacked the some qualities in the story line which did not seem to flow as well as the Lightning Thief. I suppose it I may have had to high an...
Published 9 months ago by Ice Nut

‹ Previous | 115 16 1727 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Nov 2013
Brilliant film my daughter loved it I will be pre ordering the DVD for her for Christmas
Can't wait for the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you liked the first one, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If you liked the first one, then you will love this. Lots of huge action, the plot was a little over the top, but it is like a mythical version of Pacific Rim - huge monsters trying to breach the defences, and if they win then the world will be destroyed.

2.0 out of 5 stars fine for kids - CGI over script and story, 27 July 2014
dont think this movie is aimed at anyone past 14 really .... its quite lame! Awaited monsters but only saw one. Seahorse was lovely though! Not much of a story, think I will stick with something a bit more adult.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who haven't read the books :-), 14 Aug 2013
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I am an avid reader so understand how disappointing it can be when they make one of your favourites into a film and ruin it but I haven't read this series, at least not yet anyway so I will review the film on it's own merit.
Firstly I would say it's essential to have seen the first film before you watch this one, you need to have the back story to understand the characters and how they came to be friends or enemies with certain people, the first film also explains who Percy is and how he came to camp half blood. If you have seen the lightning thief and enjoyed it then you will love this second instalment which is even better in my opinion. I feel Sea of Monsters is just so much more pulled together with much better character development and pacing and the effects are amazing, particularly in 3D.
I really like the new characters introduced in this film and felt the amount of people we get to see more of means you get a much better feeling of what camp half-blood is like and what Percy's life is like there. The story is easy to follow and though it's a little predictable in parts there are plenty of twists and surprises, I just hope that a third film is in the works as we do get hints of what else is to come and I can't wait!

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a nice sequel to the first film and keeps the family entertained, it's just a shame everything is so rushed as this could have been as big as the Harry potter film series!

3.0 out of 5 stars It whiled away the time with some great special effects but lacked any depth of character and ..., 31 Oct 2014
It whiled away the time with some great special effects but lacked any depth of character and needed a script writer with insight and a sense of irony/humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Sep 2014
Omg I love this film and it was delivers on time we'll protected. So worth the money. This is were I het most of my DVD's from as they are very well priced

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, educational and action packed fantasy adventure film, 23 Aug 2013
Mr. P. Datta "Pritthijit" (Stockton on Tees, Teesside) - See all my reviews
Percy Jackson returns to the big screen, with another action packed adventure in the latest instalment "Sea of Monsters. It is a follow up to Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. The film is thoroughly enjoyable and thrilling from the start to the end. The film is a fantasy adventure film based on a novel series written by Rick Riordan. I would recommend the film for anyone who enjoys a well crafted fantasy adventure film. Harry Potter share similarites with Percy Jackson. Both individuals are unfortunate and prove a point by showing guts and courage.

We gain a deeper understanding of Percy Jackson. The character is engaging and interesting. Percy acquaints with half brother Tyson who is a Cyclops and is the father of Poseidon, sea of god. The subject of Greek mythology blends well with present day events. It is really a fascinating subject. Camp Half Blood faces a potential danger, as a magic - tree has been poisoned. The magic tree protects Camp Half Blood. Who is the culprit? It is up to Percy, Tyson, Annabeth and Grover to save the day from destruction. Locating the Golden Fleece could save the day. The mission is filled with danger, action and excitement. It is a race against time to save the day. The special effects of mythological characters and scenery are wonderfully sketched through the use of CGI. It fits well with the plot.

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters is a good follow up to the Lighting Thief. In this instalment, we are introduced to new characters and gain new insights related to the mythological theme. The film is primarily targeted to children, but adults would enjoy the film as well. I find the film enjoyable and educational.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice 3D Action, 5 Mar 2014
Nice to see a non-animation movie in 3D.

My 9 year old loved the movie , but as a dad , I found it a bit yawn yawn , and very linear.

Still target audience is the kiddies , so go get it for them !

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor. Very very poor., 2 Jan 2014
This was a dreadful film.

Badly acted, poorly scripted, with random and jarring lurches from scenes which just-about progressed the story to inept and tedious asides which vainly attempted either to inject comic relief, flesh out a background universe or both, but succeeded only in distracting and irritating the viewer.

Add to this an excessive reliance on poorly executed CGI effects and several huge holes in the paper-thin plot, and it makes for a truly wasted couple of hours.

I am truly sorry to have contributed to its global takings by buying it unseen, and very much hope that it doesn't make enough money to cause a 3rd instalment to be produced.

‹ Previous | 115 16 1727 | Next ›

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [Blu-ray]
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [Blu-ray] by Logan Lerman (Blu-ray - 2013)