5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, not so great if you've read the book
This is a tough film for me to review, my 2 boys (aged 9 and 10) loved the film and couldn't wait to watch it again so I am giving it a 5 as they are the target audience.

The special effects are great which gives believable bad guys for the heroes to defeat, easily.

Published 4 months ago by A. G. Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing follow up from the first installment
Published 1 month ago by Ice Nut

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, not so great if you've read the book, 19 Dec 2013
A. G. Cook "Bwlvych" (Peacehaven, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD] (DVD)

For me the huge weakness lies in the fact they have ripped the heart out of the book, there is no character development and the important, and difficult, relationship between Percy and Tyson is pretty much brushed aside. This relationship, and how Percy struggled to come to terms with it, was one of the key themes of the book and it's removal just leaves us with a bit of an action movie.

For me, 2 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing follow up from the first installment, 18 Mar 2014
I'm normally not one for film reviews as they can be so personal but on this occasion I thought I'd change that. I was somewhat looking forward to watch this having watched the first instalment recently on terrestrial TV. I felt it lacked the some qualities in the story line which did not seem to flow as well as the Lightning Thief. I suppose it I may have had to high an expectation since very few sequels are as good as the first. The cinemaphotography was good likewise the music but it lacked finesse overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice 3D Action, 5 Mar 2014
Nice to see a non-animation movie in 3D.

My 9 year old loved the movie , but as a dad , I found it a bit yawn yawn , and very linear.

Still target audience is the kiddies , so go get it for them !

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD] (DVD)
A very good and exciting movie, although I am a 74 year pensioner, I still enjoy watching new and modern DVDs.
L.F.Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FILM, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for my teenage daughter qnd she loved it. She wants the books now. Received within the time stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 23 Jan 2014
Super item, great quality and most of all we'll worth the price, standard arrival time as expected a a a

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD] (DVD)
Loved the film, saw it in the cinema. It was much better than the first one. I'm looking forward to the Titan's curse.

5.0 out of 5 stars percy's second adventure, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD] (DVD)
With the destruction of the camp barrier Percy sets off to try and find the mystical Golden Fleeve, but with others after it the race is on can he survive The Sea of Monsters and all that waits in his path to reach the Golden Fleece first or will he fail and the start of the end of the world begins!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 11 year old loves it, 17 Jan 2014
good film for a rainy sunday afternoon - nothing too taxing easy to watch and good for all ages to watch together

3.0 out of 5 stars Percy and the golden fleece, 12 Dec 2013
Mr. R. W. Graham (Lincoln, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD] (DVD)
This unexpected sequel to Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief sees Percy Jackson and friends begin a quest to find the legendary Golden Fleece that will save their home while Percy finds he has a Cyclops half brother and a potential destiny to destroy the Gods. A likeable cast and decent effects make this sequel worth a watch but has average run of the mill plot that basically adapts Jason and the Golden Fleece from the classic Greek Myths. Think Harry Potter but with Greek Gods instead of wizards and you have an idea of what to expect from this franchise. The ending also hints at a 3rd film.

ARRAY(0xb179abc4)

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD]
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [DVD] by Thor Freudenthal (DVD - 2013)
7.00