on 11 May 2013
This is the BEST vacuum I have ever experienced and at 75 I have had a few !!!
It is lighter than any of the others. Very easy to manoevre and takes up less room in storage. If these are what you are looking for in a vacuum you cannot go wrong.
One reviewer said that she was a bit put out because the cord came out at the bottom and could get in the way, can I advise her and maybe other that there is a very small black clip at the top of the handle at the back (which could possibly be a brighter colour) note for the designers maybe. If you clip the cord in here it will stay there whee you want
It. I leave mine clipped in all the time.
Hope this helps you decide.
Sarah Docherty
on 10 February 2013
Very effective sucking action. Haven't had it long yet, but first impressions are very good! Easy to use; stows away in a small corner.
on 24 July 2013
This is a good cleaner and a lot lighter than my old one. It's easy to empty and the cable is long enough to go in and out all the rooms. Good suction gives the carpet a good cleaning, lifts the dog hair , no problem.
on 26 March 2013
I gotta say that this is an amazing hoover as it has 5 or 6 settings on it, the extreme clean is my favourite as it gets into those littke nukes and crannies that the previous hoover could not get into so am saying BYE. YE DUST MWAHAHAHA!
on 20 May 2013
I like this hoover. It's not too big and not very heavy. It has several modes such as for a hard floor and others for carpets. There is even an "Intensive Carpet Clean" mode, which did a jolly good job in sucking up a decent amount of dust from a carpet, that was hoovered only three days prior; though our other hoover does not have beaters. It was a relatively small room too. There is a small hook to attach the cable to so it doesn't get in your way whilst hoovering. Highly recommended.
on 26 August 2013
light, compact,good suction,value for money,even has hose for skirting & difficult to get at places.Hose a bit flimsy but does the job!
on 19 July 2013
Our previous vacuum cleaner (a hand-me-down upright bagless Dyson) packed up on us after our plumber decided it would be a good idea to use it to vacuum up bits of rubble, metal and brick.

After maniacally scouring the Net for a quick replacement I ended up spying this beauty on Amazon. And I have to say I think it's brilliant.

Why is this, you may ask me.

Well it's cos not only does it come with half a dozen nifty vacuum settings, enough suction power to reach all manner of horrid things you may have trapped in your carpets, curtains, up your walls and in your alcoves (if you can reach them), but it is wonderfully light, easy to wheel around when not in use, is bagless and has an easy to clean filter. The hoover cable is more than long enough so that you dont have to keep on unplugging and plugging as you vacuum around your gaff, and the easily fix-up-able side nozzle is handy for getting to those bits you wouldnt be able to reach otherwise (e.g. behind curtains, under low hanging beds, behind toilets) which also has a nifty brush head (ideal for use on sofas).

When not in use it easily clicks upright to lock, which is easily released via a footpedal on one side and the power button is again via a footpedal on the other side.

Lastly, it is not the quietest of vacuum cleaners (although does not screech or scream like some others I have used in the past). However, I would say the sound it makes is more like an insistent F1 type growl that shows this machine means business.

But then I might just be biased as you could say I am smitten with this piece of kit.
on 8 May 2014
I love it! I am 78 years old and for the past 4 years I have been struggeling with the very heavy Hoover Freedom, when I decided enough was enough.
I searched on Amazon and read lots of reviews, in the end I decided on the Spirit SP2101, good decision, it is very light, easy to carry, in one hand if need be, my carpets have never looked as clean, the dust cylinder easy to empty, just rinse the filter every few weeks and you are ready to go again. I would have liked a wee bit longer cable, but having said that, I am still giving it 5 stars, because its well deserved. Can recomend it to anyone, especially my age group.
on 26 September 2013
Great suction, light weight, easy to use...best in the market for the price! Great for people on a budget.....highly recommend!
on 6 April 2014
the collection chamber gets blocked at the top by the pet hair and causes the hose to therefore become blocked and you lose suction really quickly and is very fiddly to sort the hose.

Absolutely rubbish for stairs and the hose does not stretch anywhere near far enough.

I am currently on my fourth belt drive as this keeps giving way and our house is mainly hard floor so no heavy carpets for it to compete with.

not sure I would go with 'Hoover' again and may invest in a more robust vacuum cleaner

i have other 'Hoover' appliances that I am very happy with such as a washing machine but not impressed with this product.