4.0 out of 5 stars "Relax. I'm on Vacation."
Now, really. You decided that the fifth entry in the Die Hard franchise should come out on Valentine's Day? I've heard of counter programming, but this is a bit ridiculous. Of course, it did give my roommate and I something to do. And I found A Good Day to Die Hard to be a fun addition.

John McClane (Bruce Willis) is worried about his son Jack (Jai...
Published 1 month ago by Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers

1.0 out of 5 stars A Good Day To Stop This Tripe
A Good Day To Die Hard (DVD).

Product Info.
Format: PAL English
Region 2
Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
Certificate:15
Distribution:20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Running Time 93 minutes

Positive.
1)Are you kidding?, this is awful dumbed down rubbish, theres no positives here.

Negative.
Were do i...
Published 23 months ago by Timelord-007

‹ Previous | 131 32 3355 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not even close to the previous films in terms of entertainment, 18 Jun. 2013
It's OK, not so bad that you switch off and give up, but I found myself getting bored in some of the longer chase sequences.

3.0 out of 5 stars A FILM THAT DOES NOT MATCH THE TRAILER, 13 Jun. 2013
DVD arrived today. Have just watched it and I am so, so disappointed. I absolutely love the Die Hard movies. My daughter was born in 1988 and for me so was John McClane. I practically know them all (with the exception of Die Hard 2) word for word. I went to the pictures on February 14th, even booked a day off work and sat there bewildered - Where were the one liners? Taxi driver = "You don't look like a lawyer" and Lift scene = "Don't encourage him"? It was all chopped up SOooo I waited for the DVD. Yeah :-) ...NOooo :-( The theatrical trailer No2 on the DVD shows what I was expecting - The actual movie was another chopped version - same as I'd paid for and booked a day off work for at the pictures!!! I'm so disappointed and disgusted. Is there anywhere out there Die Hard 5 A Good Day to Die Hard to actually match the trailer? As far as I'm concerned it's all been money down the drain so far. Why are we accepting A FILM THAT DOES NOT MATCH THE TRAILER??????

3.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable, 10 Jun. 2013
Victor Preston "gvb" (birmingham, west mids United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
this is a great action movie car chases, bullets flying and invincible heroes.
the problem is this looks as though someone wrote the script and then was told to turn it into a die hard movie.
john mcclane goes to Russia to help his son because he has been arrested.
he is an unarmed tourist who soon becomes involved in the most unbelievable storyline imaginable.
countless civilians are killed and john carries on with his family quest as if nothing has happened.
the whole film takes place in Russia with the unbelievable ending in Chernobyl.
Bruce Willis has said that he wants to make more die hard movies.
let's hope the next one is a lot better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 17 Jun. 2013
Jason Garbutt "jay_bug" (Romford - UK) - See all my reviews
some great one liners dotted around and true to the Die Hard formula, plenty of action and explosions. not bad for an "old man" just don't expect Oscar winning material

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 15 Jun. 2013
Neil "David" (uk Huddersfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Good Day to Die Hard [DVD] (DVD)
If you like die hard and grew up with it in the 8os this is a great film one for die hard fans.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please no more, 19 May 2013
This review is from: A Good Day to Die Hard [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely love the die hard films. Great escapist fun.
Everything this is not. Why on earth this was made and made it on to the big screen genuinely defies logic. The story such as it is, is drivel and regularly ignores any form of logic and goes straight for appalling facepalm style rubbish....it can be summed up by saying that radiation can be cleared away with what looks like an ipad and a coat hanger.....I have seen better stories in a children's cartoon.
Even for the most vehement fan of Bruce and these films should really think twice. I can't even recommend it as a film to switch off with friends to.
Sorry but this was awful. Very rarely do I leave the cinema wishing I had seen something else. This was the first in a long time to fit that category

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of boom for your buck...but still a damp squib, 16 Feb. 2013
Having watched the original at the flix and not having to lie about my age at the time, the biggest disappointment about this is that they've watered it down to a 12A. Having said that it's got a lot going on but I think they've taken the parent-sibling thing one step too far. I was more impressed by the G I Joe trailer also featuring Bruce Willis which has a city destruction scene which will leave you gobsmacked (remember The White House scene in the Independence Day trailer first time round?). Save your money for that film (which will be a 12A and made for that market), for while Die Hard 5 has an outstanding car chase and plenty of gun play and explosions, I can't take the fact that they've knocked it down from a 18/15 certificate. And the dialogue is rubbish. And its schmaltzy. And my collection of Die Hard blu-rays will now remain at 4 until "A Good Day.." ends up on Amazon Marketplace for a quid.

Its good for pre-teens but a sad legacy to the original.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Mar. 2015
I liked it

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay movie, 6 Mar. 2015
Okay movie

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 May 2015
Brilliant

‹ Previous | 131 32 3355 | Next ›

A Good Day to Die Hard [DVD]
A Good Day to Die Hard [DVD] by John Moore (DVD - 2013)