5.0 out of 5 stars Choo Choo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What worried me more than the release date changing was the track lisiting keep changing!!!!

Published 22 months ago by Mr. D McGrath

2.0 out of 5 stars A real shame . . .
Published 21 months ago by Grant Burnside

2.0 out of 5 stars A real shame . . ., 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993 (Audio CD)
I was deliriously happy to find out that Donna Summer's rare 'Virgin Mary' 45 was going to be included here - yet when I received and then played it, BOY was I disappointed! The song has a glitch around the two minute mark, in that it skips, jumps . . . Just like an old 45 used to. I friend of mine (who also noticed it immediately) contacted Repertoire who said that this was the version they had, which was taken directly from an early European 'Greatest Hits' back in the day. Well, I have that very album and the version of 'Mary' on there is perfect, as is my original 7" 45. Whilst I don't expect or want a refund for this album, I would at least expect they press it again and take a little more care when putting it together. Giorgio Moroder and his legions of admirers deserve better than this quickly thrown together compilation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Choo Choo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 12 Nov 2012
Mr. D McGrath (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993 (Audio CD)

As far as I am concerned, the jewel in this 2CD compilation has got to be the inclusion of one of the rarest pre-fame singles from the late great Donna Summer...namely, Virgin Mary. I paid £25.00 for a copy of this single on 7" vinyl with a great picture sleeve, which was only ever released in The Netherlands. Never imagined that this awesome track would finally one day be available on an official CD. I have many Facebook friends who are hardcore Donna Summer fans who are as excited as I am!

As for the rest.....I have always had a preference for European produced/recorded Disco (so pre-Bad Girls Donna Summer, late 70s Sparks, late 70s Three Degrees etc)

I think there is something for everyone on here and it's not extortionately priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get on the funk train! Woo-Hoo!, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993 (Audio CD)
Having received a copy of this album 1 week ago, I have been pleasantly surprised with this album.
From a musical standpoint, Moroder floats in many directions.

This isn't only pure disco, in some instances, it has an edge of country / folk (Keith Forsey, track 4 Take me to the pilot, CD2), and edge of (power)rock, straight from the eighties (Keith Forsey, track 6 Dynamite, CD2).

The Munich Machine material on disc 1 is typical Moroder work, once again proving what a great musician he is, and also leading to the soundtrack material he has done afterwards.

The work of Marsha Hunt and Suzi Lane is the classic disco I'd expected to be on the album. Some great material here. Love the B-side version of Suzi Lane's Ooh la la, track 12 CD1.

Overall a great compilation to have, already looking forward to volume 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars OTTIMO SERVIZIO DI SPEDIZIONE E PREZZO SEMPRE CONVENIENTE, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993 (Audio CD)
IL SERVIZIO DI SPEDIZIONE E' COME SEMPRE MOLTO VELOCE GRAZIE . MI TROVO MOLTO BENE CON QUESTO VENDITORE E COMPRERO' SPESSO DA LUI

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, 28 Nov 2012
Hector Zevallos "Tito" (Peru (Lima)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993 (Audio CD)
I really do love this producer!. Only hearing to Donna Summer & Giorgio . Just would have wished to be born on 70's!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993 (Audio CD)
This is one of the greats.

On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993
On The Groove Train, Vol. 1, 1975 - 1993 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2012)