5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying this album!
Picked this up for my car journeys and can't help but hum along! It's got a great selection of both past and present pop hits and some classics thrown in which all sound great!

The girl's voice is incredible - there aren't many people who can do a good cover of Adele and she nails it! It is beautiful and a sure highlight!

One thing I've noticed is...
Published 23 months ago by Domb1984

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Although this got good reviews, I found that a lot of the tracks are very similar. Some are quite enjoyable but some I have never even heard of.
Published 16 months ago by coddysmam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying this album!, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)

One thing I've noticed is there are some really good Ukulele playing on it! I never knew it could sound that complex!

I'll pick up the book I think and try and learn a few of these tracks - a sure album for the sun and a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect summer album!, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
So happy with my new purchase! This is such a great album for the summer with a great variety of covers and originals too - Just Wanna Play is my fave.

As a new Ukulele player this really inspires me to pick up my uke and learn something new - 5 Years Time is coming along nicely!

Fab album guys, this will prolong the summer :)

5.0 out of 5 stars OLD FOLKS HOME?, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
I can't understand why the previous writer even bothered to take the time to write such a comment. Why listen to most of the album if an "avid hater and loathe the ukulele instrument"?

It's called 'fun' and it's also educational for young children. There's also nothing wrong in cleaning windows.

Oh yeah, the album shows how well written the songs are, if they can be interpreted in a totally different way.

a high-five from me all the way....but then I'm an old folk!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Just Wanna Play My Ukuleles Disc!, 6 Sep 2012
Shawthing65 "Shawthing65" (Hastings, east sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
I`ve been listening constantly to this CD since it arrived this week, I love the choice of songs, bringing the ukulele sound bang up to date, a great selection of tunes, there`s not a weak track on the album. I love "Forget You", "Call Me Maybe" although Track 9 "Sky" is a particular favourite of mine, must check out more of what Logan Wilson has written!(soon as I`ve finished here I`m off to his own website, see what I can find). "Girl On The Platform" is just plain good fun, the vocal harmonies throughout this album are beautiful, two great vocalists who clearly work really well together and the ukulele playing is so much more sophisticated than the usual strumming sound often associated with this instrument. I hope the recent craze for ukuleles continues, it`s such a happy sound and this album is the best representation of how it can be used in a very modern setting. I hope The Ukuleles are going to be touring, I`d love to see them live in concert! This disc is the perfect soundtrack to this summer!!

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
I bought this album because I'm a fan of Logan Wilson's solo stuff. Being mainly a covers album, this is a bit more 'throwaway' than his usual soulful songwriting (although one of his own songs makes it on here in a uked-up version), but I'm loving the laid-back, upbeat interpretations of well-known hits. The selection of songs is great and their reinvention as ukulele tracks works really well. As you would hope, the ukulele playing is great, and it's accompanied by some excellent vocals. I doubt it will make the Mercury shortlist, but if you're looking for a set of happy tunes to make you smile and keep you humming all day then I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real feel good music!, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
I really enjoy listening to this CD and it has me singing along in no time. A good choice of songs and some original stuff too. Logan and Martha have great voices that harmonise well together. If you like this then have a listen to Logan's CD Geography, it is brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
Really enjoyed this album, refreshing covers of great pop tunes! This album will carry the summer late in to the year!
5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, clean fun., 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
I have been listening to this album for a couple of days now and okay, it's not groundbreaking stuff, but it gives a nice alternative to the usual sounds coming out of my radio! I must confess that I've also bought myself a ukulele and ordered the music book now. I intend to keep myself cheerful this winter by learning to play it!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic album, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
Heard a track from this album on the radio and sent off for it straight away. Wasn't dissapointed, its brilliant! The vocals are spine tingling and a great collection of songs that are fantastic to play in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all......., 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Ukuleles (Audio CD)
I wasn't expecting much from this release as much as I enjoyed(and still do)Eddie Vedder's fine Ukulele songs and even enjoy fiddling around with said instrument itself I expected this was going to be little more than a late cash in on the resurgence of the uke...in fairness I was wrong.
This album mainly deals in covers and the fragile beauty of the uke shines through showing the depth of the material covered by stripping it bare.
The Uke itself as with the Vedder album shines as a latter day folk instrument and memories of George Formby and the novelty tag surrounding the uke slowly fade the further in you get..the musicianship is strong as is the singing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Ukuleles
The Ukuleles by The Ukuleles (Audio CD - 2012)