4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and fun read!
After reading the Selection by Kiera Cass I couldn't wait for the next book to come out!

This small novella was a perfect small read to satisfy that need and was interesting to see the same events happening from Prince Maxon's POV.

Personally, I have always been on Maxon's side and this novella just confirmed that even more for me.

It's...
Published 9 months ago by LaceyLoo

3.0 out of 5 stars The problem with showing two versions of events
Well written mirror story but I personally found it difficult to relate to different point of view. Sometimes stripping the love interest of their layer of mystery kind of ruins the power of the attraction. I found this distracting rather than insightful.
Published 7 months ago by M. Dean Young

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and fun read!, 19 July 2013
This review is from: The Prince: A Selection Novella (HarperTeen Impulse) (Kindle Edition)

It's also interesting to see the way Kiera Cass can write from both POV's and portray the same feelings in each story.

All in all, a cute and pleasant read which I would recommend to anyone who has read The Selection. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pronce, 16 Dec 2013
Amazing!!!!! This kept me on my toes and I learnt so much about Prince Maxon. My only criticism is that it's to short and your left wanting more. You don't even have to of read the other books to read this as it explains all you need when reading this. Great for any teenager who loves dystopian novels

3.0 out of 5 stars The problem with showing two versions of events, 16 Sep 2013
M. Dean Young "Elfin Holly" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Maxon's point of view!, 22 Aug 2013
I don't know how I missed this book, it's been out for ages but it bypassed me. I went to London with my friend last week and we started talking about books on the train and this series came up. It's such an addictive series, the sort you think you will hate but really you can't get enough. As we were talking she asked me if I had read 'The Prince', then proceeded to pull out her ipad on the train to let me read it - unfortunately I can't read whilst on trains, it makes me feel sick, but now I had discovered it's presence I knew I had to get it and at just 99pence on Amazon I got it!

This novella comes in just before the start of the selection and runs to Prince Maxon's first meeting with America. At 60 ish pages it is short but just enough to get your teeth into.

I love it because it really gives an insight into Maxon's feelings and thoughts. I never really thought about how the process of the Selection affects him, it's not something he chose to do, it's just tradition and I liked to see how he reacted to the whole run up to the event.

I loved Maxon before and always backed him as America's choice and after reading this novella I am sure I want them to be together even more. Maxon is such a good guy and really does care about his future and that of the country and his new wife, whoever she may end up being.

It also gave us a better view of Maxon's parents and I am more sure than ever that I don't like his dad. But I am intrigued to know more.

This has got me even more excited for the series and I can't wait for the next installment.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Prince by Kiera Cass, 30 Jun 2013
Also published at Miss Inga Page.

Kiera Cass' The Prince is a supplementary novella, which follows the same story as her first novel in "The Selection" Trilogy. However, whilst The Selection follows America and her struggles, in The Prince, we see how Prince Maxon is directly affected by the same events. Meeting the thirty-five "selected" girls, and America Singer in particular, is the central focus of this short work.

I did really enjoy this book, and picked it up almost immediately after finishing The Selection. For this reason, all of the events were still fresh in my mind - which may have been a disadvantage. This novella should, I expect, act as a refresher for any reader awaiting the next installation in the series, since it covers (almost exactly) the events from the first novel - which I had not yet forgotten enough to need the reminder.

This is not to say, however, that it was a wasted read. By showing us the same events, but also prefacing them with information about Maxon's past, we learn why he acts the way he does, and can see what is motivating his interactions with the girls. His past may also affect his behaviour in the later novels, if Cass takes the plot in a certain way.

The Prince is only available to read via e-reader (or computer/tablet/mobile phone, as necessary), which may be a downside for many readers. Due to the short nature of the text, I didn't feel as though I gained that much more from this novella than I already knew from The Selection, and therefore don't think anybody would be missing out if they can't pick it up. However, at only 99p, I think it is definitely worth a read if you enjoyed the first novel (and are looking for something to bridge the gap whilst you wait for The Elite to arrive on your doorstep), providing you have the facilities available to read a book in an e-format!

4.0 out of 5 stars The prince, 18 Jun 2013
L. M. Burton - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed the prince's version of his thoughts and feelings before the selection process. Read the selection 1st, then this, then read the elite. I'm already looking forward to reading it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book :), 24 May 2013
Definitely a MUST read... You should read this after the first book of the series (The Selection). This series make want to become a PRINCESS someday :)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Prince: A Selection Novella (HarperTeen Impulse), 19 May 2013
S. Bruch "Shelbycat" (Llanelli) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This book begins at almost the same time as The Selection only this time we're with Prince Maxon rather than America Singer. We hear how he feels about the whole process and especially how he feels about America, watching the same scenes that were in The Selection with additional Maxon thoughts and comments.

This was a really short novella so i wizzed through it after finishing The Selection and before starting The Elite, and to be honest i think that would be the best order to read these three books in. It was interesting to see things from Maxons point of view, how he and his family function, the fact that there was another girl in his life!! Oh and how his feelings for America are kindled. I enjoyed seeing how his father reacts to the selection, and how much closer Maxon is to his mother than his father. Is it my imagination or are all Kings really tough on their sons? At least this Prince has a wonderful mother to turn to. I would love to read a little bit of the history of Queen Amberley, we know a little but i'd like to know what her life is like as a comparison to whoever becomes the princess with Maxon.

I wouldn't say that you need to read this novella to understand the other books in the series but it is interesting if only for the different perspective you get on the whole process and for 99p it's not a bad price. Although thinking about it we only have two books from the series and maybe Maxons previous female friend might make an appearance later on as America's previous love has ... could be interesting!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Novella!, 26 Mar 2013
MY REVIEW
I bought this one from Amazon.co.uk, as I have read and loved The Selection and am (im)patiently awaiting the release of The Elite.
I find the cover appealing and it certainly fits in with the colourful covers of the Selection Series.
The novella is basically the first small section of The Selection re-told from the point of view of Maxon - The Prince. I enjoyed reading the novella, it reminded me of all that I loved about The Selection and also aroused my impatience and need for the release of The Elite, which I am definitely looking forward to. I liked the point of view being from a male character and think it would also be interesting to read something from Aspen's point of view now that he is the guard watching over america whilst she stays at the Palace.
So did I enjoy the novella? Yes, it was a nice re-taster of this series. Would I recommend it? Although I would say that it isn't absolutely necessary to read the novella, it is a nice and welcome addition to the series, so yes I guess I would recommend it and at 99p (price correct at time of review) it is a fairly reasonable price for a novella. Will I read more of this Series?Yes, please! Would I read other books by Kiera Cass? Yes I would definitely take a look at other books by her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, 16 Mar 2013
At long last...Maxon's pov
:D feeling like it's Christmas wonderful book just splendid... I feel more informed on who's side I should take (maxon's of course)

ARRAY(0xaacccdec)

The Prince: A Selection Novella (HarperTeen Impulse)
Used & New from: 0.96