5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headset, Few Minor Flaws
I bought this headset after finding out that it is the same one that the popular youtube celebrity's "The Yogscast" use. After purchasing with express delivery, I excitedly received my item the following day.

Published on 18 Mar. 2012 by Polaris

3.0 out of 5 stars HEADSET
I'd heard that the sound on this headset wasn't as great as expected for the price, and so I'd prepared by purchasing a sound card (Asus Xonar DX) so I could fiddle with the audio settings. After owning £40 Sennheiser 150s then £50 160s I didn't really think that at double the price the sound would be inferior, especially after reading the plethora of positive reviews. I...
Published on 10 Nov. 2012 by E. Dale

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headset, Few Minor Flaws, 18 Mar. 2012

Unboxing: The box itself is stunning for any gamer or pc enthusiast, with it's sleek black cover, with a tint of green. And the world "G4ME" slapped on the front. It's a real beauty to look at. The problem however is it pain to open: I spent a good 20 minutes trying to pry my precious out of the box, with it's solid plastic casing and fiddly little wires that hold the headset in place. I wasn't unduly worried about this because I'm a very patient man, but I can see how a lot of people may become frustrated and may even break their headset.

Box: 4/5
Getting it out: 2/5

First Look: The first thing I did was whack them on my head, I needed to know what they felt like. And I can safely say, my ear's let out a little cry of relief. Going from a cheap pc world headset to this was just astounding. My large ears were cushioned and felt safe, the material was solid and not too heavy, and the mic was very easily adjustable.

Comfortable: 5/5
Look: 5/5
Mic adjustably: 4/5 (I've given it this because the mic isn't removable, which isn't a problem for me, but can be for some of people)
Noise Cancellation 5/5 (How well it removes background noise)

After plugging them into my I-Mac via a jack to usb converter my computer immediately picked them up and I could use them, fantastic! I went straight to youtube and played one of my favourite techno songs ( The joys of being a teenager). I can see why a lot of professional music artists won't like this headset because the audio quality isn't amazingly god-like stunning, but for me; the sound quality was damn good!

I then proceeded to open audacity, an audio editing software. I pressed the record button and introduced myself, once quietly, and then another time almost shouting. The quality of both quiet and loud were spot on, it was like I was truly talking to myself, the pitch, the noise levels: perfect. Best thing of all? NO BACKGROUND NOISE!!! :D

Audio Quality 5/5
Mic Quality: 5/5

Cons:

The problem I'm having at the moment, albiet a small one. Is that after excessive use; say 4-5 hours of constant wearing. My ears do tend to warm up. The reason why this is a small problem is because I only have to take my headset of for about 2 minutes and my ears are back to normal heat levels!

This headset is absolutely fantastic but the price is slightly higher than what I would expect.

IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY AND YOU WANT A DECENT HEADSET. GO FOR THIS ONE!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars PC350, 4 Sept. 2009
First off, this is a gaming headset, not a pair of dedicated headphones. Some reviewers have missed the distinction.

I previously owned a pair of PC150s and decided to upgrade to the PC350s, with pure gaming in mind.

On testing them out, they are heads above the PC150s. The sound quality is extremely impressive in comparison. As others have pointed out, they get better after a run in. They have complete ear coverage too and sound leakage is vastly reduced due the closed cup design. I have not found them to be uncomfortable for extended use. For those that are interested, I tested them with CounterStrike:Source.

The PC350s are fairly solidy built, you will be impressed, they are nowhere near as flimsy as the PC150s. They are also slightly collapsible if you want to transport them but they don't include a carry case.

As for the microphone, again no complaints from myself or my fellow gamers who have to put up with my voice. Be aware the mic is not detachable, though it can be bent to your desired placement.

Onto the wiring. Similar to PC150s. The wiring itself does seem to be stronger than the PC150s. Includes a mic on/off along with a volume control slider, no change there. No need to mention you are better off setting volume at source rather than relying on this, but still useful. My only complaint here: the wiring should have had a separate jack connection where it joins the headphones but undoubtably that would increase the price (a price I am willing to pay for Sennheiser, if you are listening).

Lastly, some have mentioned poor bass performance. This maybe a factor for some. Personal preference really. I tweaked my soundcard to get around my concerns.

Overall, if you are looking for a quality gaming headset, you cannot really go wrong here. The price however is obviously a major factor. There are many opinions out there on what gives a gamer an edge. I can only say this, I have bought Sennheiser before and I will buy Sennheiser again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset !, 10 Jun. 2011
I've been using these for just under 3 weeks nows, and they're great! I was looking for a headset that would give great directional queues in gaming, but sound great playing music and movies too, i'm pleased with the PC360. Theres definately a noticable improvement when listening to music/watching movies with these over my speakers and other headphones/headsets, which is great, but I mainly chose the PC360s for better gaming directional audio. In the games that can deliver directional audio, I can distinguish sound coming from 12'o'clock appart from that coming from 2'o'clock directions pretty easily. On some games its much more accurate, like on Killing Floor, i can locate enemies in a forest with sounds alone using this headset.

The mic works well, it gets muted when the mic's 'boom arm' is lifted up, and activates when the mic is lowered, whilst giving a nice little click to let you know when the mic has been muted/unmuted. The earcups are large and rimmed with a nice velvet-like padding. The headband also has some velvet padding, and can be adjusted to fit very big heads. I have the headbands set on the 8th 'notch' on the left and right earcups and it fits very nicely - there are up to 18 notches on both sides. The build seems really sturdy so far, i've dropped the PC360's several times and trodden over the wire with both my chair AND the desk - i've also accidently pulled on the wire (stepped on the wire then stood up xD), yet the headset still performs without flaws. The wire is easily long enough (over 2m it looks like). The earcups use an open-ear design, they DO let sound in and out, though i've not found this to be a problem. The headset in reallly comfortable, I've can wear it for hours and not be affected by it, they're pretty light too. Volume control is also very convenient with the headset, there's a volume dial on the right earcup which can adjust the vol from 100% down to around 25% - which i've found to be super helpful. The PC360s do everything I wanted them to do. The only negative I can think of is that the wire could have been shorter, but I don't mind it at all. The PC360 is a great headset.

I planned on getting a soundcard with a dedicated amp along with the PC360, but ended up getting the PC360 alone. They're plugged into my onboard lineout (P5QL Pro mobo), and they get driven nicely. The PC360's aren't hard to drive, I can plug them into my PSP and still get a very decent volume with good quality sound. I'll be getting a soundcard soon (most likely the Xonar Essence STX) and i'll update this review once i've tested out the PC360's with the better audio source.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 21 Mar. 2011
I ordered the PC350s Feb 20th and got them on approx Feb 28th even after paying for 1 day delivery. As you can Imagine I wasn't too impressed but the quality of these headphones is impeccable. They're comfortable to wear even with glasses on and they're not too hot. My previous headset were Medusa Speedlink NXs which were true 5.1 surround. I had them for just over a half a year before the right ear was the only one that transmitted. When I first got them plugged up to my desktop i was impressed with the accuracy of the sound but when taken to LAN events let quite a bit of sound in. The first thing I thought when I plugged up the Sennheisers for the first time was 'holy s**t this bass is intense'.

I've now been using them for a month with almost daily use. The noise cancelling is immense. If you're using them in game or just listening to music theres no point anyone trying to call you from anywhere but right in front of you. The closed cups are comfortable as well as well made. The subs sit a decent distance from your ear so that they're not uncomfortable but the noise that comes from them is really good quality and I'm only using on board sound. I was a little sceptical when I found they were emulated 5.1 from only one jack but you can barely tell.

I looked a lot into Headphones before buying these and compared them to the Roccat Kaves and Razer Megalodones talking to people who owned all sets. If you are looking at going to LAN event these will be a lot better for you than the PC360s. I would recommend these for anyone looking at buying a new headset.

4.0 out of 5 stars A headset for more than gaming, 13 Dec. 2010
I own the pc 350 it's been almost a year now. I am no headphone expert it's only my second headset -after some Creative Fatality HS-800 I think- but overall one year after I have the feeling I did quite well spending those high euros on this product. First of all comfort wise I can wear them for hours and hours and not feel a thing. They are light and don't put any pressure on the ears or the head. Seconldly construction wise they look expensive (not without reason) well built elegant and durable. Performance wise they are perfect in gaming and music except that their bass is not as strong as I would have liked, a feature that has improved rather drastically however with time. The sound card is crucial to this headset, I have an X-fi xtreme gamer in my desktop and they easily outperform themselves compared to when connected to my laptop's onboard sound. Also with a decent sound card they don't need any amplifier in case you wonder.
For a more detailed performance description, in gaming you can easily spot your enemies position or the various sound sources, in music you can sit back and enjoy what you re listening to but you have to lower your bass expecations, in movies they are quite crisp and clear with the exception of some explosions:)(again the bass being the reason). Finally the microphone is awesomely clear, as my Skype fellows have told me. As for lan gaming who knows? I am not much of a gamer. All in all, buy them or spend some more to get the Pc 360 or even better the Audio Technica Ath A900 (if you re looking for closed type ones such as the Pc 350).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for PC gaming, 1 Jun. 2012
I use to have a pair of Sennheiser a few years back, changed to other headsets like Plantronics 777 but they simply were not as good.

With these Sennheisers, the aureal sound positioning in games like Battlefield 3 and Left 4 Dead 1&2 are great. I use a Creative X-Fi sound card (which a few years back was the best).

The very first test I did with these (due to the lack of surround sound type effects on other headphones) was on a map in Battlefield 3. I went on Metro underground in a battle stood still and did a few 360 turns. The surround sound did pan around and appear to position correctly so I could tell where it was coming from - fantastic!

I also notice a lot more ambient sound that gives layering to the different effects that are in games that I had not even heard before. Expensive but you only live once, go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5 if u use it around quite place., 2 Mar. 2013
This is open acoustic headset which will you still can hear someone knocks door while you're wearing this headphone. I am using it for 10 months and works as new as brand new Sennheiser PC 360. Just amazing. The sound quality is quite good. It designed for Gaming, but still fine for listen to music. The Mic quality is very good aswell. I am quite impressed with this product. Very comfortable headset.

However, if you're a gamer that attends lots of LAN center, or if you loathe if little bit noise distract you when gaming it's not best choice for you. Because when you wear it, you will feel like u didn't wear and you can hear backround sounds 100%.

Summary:
-Comfortable
-Sound and mic quality both good (10/10 points for any game)
-Open
-Headset for Home gaming or quite environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant design, 9 Aug. 2011
I have owned Tritton-Astro A40&A30-Sharkoon-SteelSeries-Medusa-Icemat over the years and I always considered the Astro A40 to have the clearest sound, but weak on the bass. For me the Astro A30 had the best balance between clarity and bass (until now) but the fixed mic was annoying along with the inline controls. What sets these apart from many other so called top of the range headsets isnt just the excellent sound but the design. Muting makes sense and is simple, simply raise the mic! genius! Want more volume? Just turn the dial on the side of the right cup! Again simple and instinctive no faffing around with and inline control. Another plus for not having inline controls is that there is less weight which ive found on other headsets can lead to one side of the headset dragging down....annoying!

Moving onto the sound these are as good (and in some cases superior) to anything else on the market but to get the most from them you will need a top quality sound card properly configured. If i had to pick a negative it is the open back design which allows external sound and sound leakage but if you play in a quiet environment then it's not an issue. If your thinking of going to a LAN you may want to look at the PC350 instead.

As for the mic i'm told by my teamates online that i sound crystal clear using both TS and Mumble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them., 2 July 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser PC350SE Special Edition Noise Blocking Gaming Headset (Personal Computers)
I use these on my gaming pc and they are so light i never really notice them at all no discomfort like with other headsets, when they said they where noise blocking they where not kidding! I have had family stand at the bottom of the stairs shouting me for dinner and i never heard them at all.

I would say they are a little expensive for what they are but they are good,light and do the job very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than fantastic, 21 Jun. 2013
I use these with Skype, VATSim online virtual flying and other stuff, and I can honestly say, that after trying out 6+ different headsets, these are THE most comfortable to wear for hours on end.

I frequently have very long sessions online over skype, remote desktop support and flying online, and can wear these for hours.

The ventilated ears make a huge difference too, you dont get sweaty ears, AND you can hear whats going on around you, and your own voice, so dont end up shouting.

I'm also told by the folks I speak to regularly that they noticed a massive improvement in the audio quality when I first started using these, so they must have a far better microphone then anything else.