5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for typing
I type between 6 and 8 hours a day and I needed a new keyboard. I can't believe that this one was so cheap. It it a full-sized keyboard. Very easy to work with for long hours. The keys are very responsive and spaced away from each other.

Very happy with this purchase and would definitely recommend this keyboard to anyone.
Published 20 months ago by Simon Bartolo

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design - But Frustration Free packaging?
Arrived very quickly. Thanks Amazon.

I wanted a low-profile key set and this provides that. However it is no quieter than a traditional keyboard in use. The key travel is short so that is part the way there for me. Nearer to a laptop in feel.

As for the "Frustration Free" packaging ... I disagree. Yes it's the trademark plain buff cardboard we have...
Published 9 months ago by badlymademan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for typing, 9 July 2013
Simon Bartolo "Xmuntun" (Luxembourg) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Wired UK QWERTY Keyboard Black (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! On par with my ~£50 gaming keyboard. Bought for family PC, great with win XP, 22 Sept. 2014
Mr. T. F. Slee (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
Bought for family computer and it is perfect. It rivals my Microsoft Sidewinder x6. I can type really fast if not faster on this than my sidewinder. I bought this without looking at the specs but was surprised when I discovered it had really helpful shortcuts that make a tired old win XP machine more enjoyable. These shortcuts are the calculator, file explorer, media centre (don't use it though), play/pause/rewind/fastforward/stop. Really good build quality and has a satisfying typing sound, not loud. If you have an expensive keyboard and want to buy a friend or family a cheap one, this one will surprise you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value from a "basic" keyboard, 15 Sept. 2014
D. Slominski "Slom" (Leeds) - See all my reviews
Beautiful and stylish this qwerty keyboard has a gloss finish between the keys and comes with a satifying plastic film to peel off.
The keyboard is thin at the front and has a nice sturdy profile.
Only "basic" thing about this board is that it neglects any adjustable support at the back meaning it wont raise or flatten. the default angle however is comfortable so no big loss.
the gap between keys doesnt leave them feeling spread out despite aplearances and my touch typing was not effected at all.
Low profile keys and soft LED lights in the numpad/capslock are very nice.
Without the usual gap between kyyboard and keys theres no pube gutter to collect your crumbs so it remains clean other than your fingerprints.

Overall a very comfortable keyboard stylish and value for money, not silent or loud buy on all, well above what i would hace expected for the price on a "basic" keyboard, very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent keyboard for the price but my model tended to miss key presses., 2 Jan. 2015
I wanted to replace an older Logitech keyboard on my PC with a slimmer but full sized keyboard and based on the reviews, I decided to purchase this AmazonBasics model. The keyboard feels well made for the price, and it looks very much like a black plastic version of my aluminium iMac keyboard, but I have only given it 4-stars as the key action on my sample was not all that good. Specifically, I found that quite often a key-press would not register - which could be particularly annoying when typing passwords as you can't tell that a character has been missed until the password is rejected. It might be that the keyboard would have eventually "worn in" and improved over time, but I found it too frustrating and have now replaced it with a Cherry MX keyboard (but it would not be fair to compare the two as the Cherry cost over five times the price).

5.0 out of 5 stars Luv it <3, 12 Dec. 2014
This is my new keyboard that I use at work and at home. I got 5 of these, for different computers.

It works great for those touch typists who are used to standard 105 key qwerty layout.

Only downsides are that the the F-keys are not in standard location and right "super/windows" button is replaced with Fn. But for someone who edits a lot of text documents all day every day, the insert, delete, home, end, shift etc. are way more important to be in standard locations.

This keyboard "feels" like a quality "low profile laptop keyboard". It is very responsive and I haven't had any key stuck yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it is., 16 April 2013
Eugene Lafcadio "echosnare" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife needed a new keyboard, and just at the right time, this appeared on the vine. Contrary to some of the other reviews here, it is actually quite good. It is Amazon Basics, so if you expecting top quality, look elsewhere. We have both found the action of the keys fine, not noisy or loose, and the angle is just fine on the desk. My own Microsoft keyboard is no more adjustable, so I don't see an issue. Remember, read the word "Basics", and put your expectations in perspective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tap away in budget style!, 16 May 2013
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Amazon Basics keyboard doesn't look too basic - apart from the "Amazon Basics" logo printed quite promintently above the curser keys!

There are lots of keyboards out there, from awful thick plastic monsters to slimline OLED illuminated keys you can customise - this basics model is squarely aimed at those not wanting anything too fancy, but something which can still do the job well. It performs well, the keys don't protrude too much and are generously spaced. I have freakishly long fingers and often whack the key either side of the one I intended to press, but my mis-hits were very infrequent with this model and it feels very comfortable to use.

This is surprisingly nice looking, I have used more `solid' keyboards which are heavy and feel very `plasticky' and this keyboard is glossy black, slimline and with rounded off keys. It is angled for comfort (though I would like to be able to angle it further) and has a very long lead so you don't have to too tethered to your machine. The shortcut keys work fine straight-out-of-the-box on my Windows 7 machine but not on my Mac. That isn't an issue though as I never really use short cut keys (I work on so many machines I've simply never got used to doing so, each keyboard is different!).

In a nutshell: It might not be all singing and dancing, but it's not that bog-standard either and it's prettier than you might expect. 4 stars from me and for less than a tenner you can't really go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, to short USB though, 11 Sept. 2014
Im so surprised a product this good quality and premium could be so cheap. The reason I purchased this item was because I have had there USB mouse for 3 years and it's still perfectly running. This keyboard is very nice to type on however as all keyboard takes a little to get use to. There is only one bad thing which is the USB cable is way to short, which would struggle to reach to a computer under the desk. Still 100% recommend however you made need a USB extender cable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Basic keyboard if going into gaming or high end ..., 19 Sept. 2014
Decent Basic keyboard if going into gaming or high end fast typing you might to look for something a step up though.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a keyboard and it works., 2 July 2014
It's a keyboard and it works.

AmazonBasics Wired UK QWERTY Keyboard Black